HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Southeast

Old Posted Dec 1, 2020, 1:59 PM
Cat Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by MdtwnATL View Post
I'm sure it's nice, as is the hotel. I'm in the hotel/conference industry, and am just speaking from a "flow" standpoint. No meeting planner likes to book a hotel where your group has to literally leave the hotel to get to their conference space. You want your people to get there from their guest room elevator, or at least via lobby.

But I get it - unless it's in bad disrepair, it may not be worth the price tag to build new. There's significant competition, though, in Embassy Suites, and in other hotels coming to Downtown (Alamite to have conference space as well, I believe).
Oh ok, I see what you're saying now. I'm only familiar to a certain extent with the conference center, so I don't know how the sidewalks between it and the hotel match up with the exhibition halls and other facilities. So, you may be right, it may not work to just slap a roof over the paths between buildings.

SSP Alabama Universities: Alabama - UAB - Alabama State

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Southeast