HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About
     

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations


Reply

 
Thread Tools Display Modes
     
     
  #19861  
Old Posted Dec 15, 2021, 2:47 AM
SolarWind's Avatar
SolarWind SolarWind is offline
Chicago
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 4,678
1045 On Fulton - 1045 W Fulton

December 14, 2021

Reply With Quote
     
     
  #19862  
Old Posted Dec 15, 2021, 2:49 AM
SolarWind's Avatar
SolarWind SolarWind is offline
Chicago
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 4,678
354 N Union

December 14, 2021









Reply With Quote
     
     
  #19863  
Old Posted Dec 15, 2021, 3:00 AM
rivernorthlurker rivernorthlurker is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2018
Location: Chicago
Posts: 913
Quote:
Originally Posted by SolarWind View Post
December 14, 2021



Oh la la.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #19864  
Old Posted Dec 15, 2021, 3:20 AM
Zapatan's Avatar
Zapatan Zapatan is offline
DENNAB
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: NA - Europe
Posts: 5,166
Not sure if anyone has a subscription since I can't read it but this could be helpful to speculate if some of the major condo towers will be built soon

What's driving sales at the two hottest high-end condo towers in town?

https://www.chicagobusiness.com/resi...ales-are-going
__________________
Dump Trump 2020
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #19865  
Old Posted Dec 15, 2021, 3:48 AM
galleyfox galleyfox is online now
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2018
Posts: 645
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zapatan View Post
Not sure if anyone has a subscription since I can't read it but this could be helpful to speculate if some of the major condo towers will be built soon

What's driving sales at the two hottest high-end condo towers in town?

https://www.chicagobusiness.com/resi...ales-are-going

St. Regis
Quote:
He emailed a prepared statement that said, among other things, that “sales have exceeded our expectations” and that “we are approximately 60% sold or under contract.”

According to Crain’s research in the Cook County recorder of deeds online records, by Nov. 10 the developer had closed the sales of 151 units at its 353-unit St. Regis tower. That’s 42% sold.
Quote:
In the sales records Crain’s examined, at least 40% of the buyers’ names recorded in public records are Asian. That’s almost 27% of the sales, a disproportionate figure in a metro area whose Asian population is a little over 6%. This suggests, but does not confirm, that the international sales effort met success.


Tribune Tower
Quote:
Crain’s research in county records shows that the Tribune developers, Golub Realty and CIM Group, have delivered 51 of the 151 condos, or 33%. Jeanne Martini, the tower’s sales director, told Crain’s that with pending contracts included, the figure would be “right at 50%.”
Quote:
Martini estimated that about one-quarter to one-third of the buyers in the tower so far have been buying units for their second home, and the rest are full-time residents. Out-of-town investor buying has been slim to none, she said.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #19866  
Old Posted Dec 15, 2021, 3:53 AM
galleyfox galleyfox is online now
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2018
Posts: 645
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zapatan View Post
Not sure if anyone has a subscription since I can't read it but this could be helpful to speculate if some of the major condo towers will be built soon
Delivered Condo Breakdown

St. Regis

<1 Million: 7
1M to 1.9M: 97
2M to 3.9M: 40
4M+: 7

Tribune Tower

<1 Million: 7
1M to 1.9M: 22
2M to 3.9M: 16
4M+: 6
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #19867  
Old Posted Dec 15, 2021, 6:44 PM
Steely Dan's Avatar
Steely Dan Steely Dan is online now
devout Pizzatarian
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: Lincoln Square, Chicago
Posts: 26,610
we now have a dedicated thread for the Thompson Center redevolpment.

please take all discussion there: https://skyscraperpage.com/forum/sho...d.php?t=249335
__________________
"every time a strip mall dies, an angel gets its wings"
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #19868  
Old Posted Dec 15, 2021, 6:47 PM
Zapatan's Avatar
Zapatan Zapatan is offline
DENNAB
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: NA - Europe
Posts: 5,166
Quote:
Originally Posted by galleyfox View Post
St. Regis






Tribune Tower

Thanks, that sounds like pretty good news for projects in the pipeline
__________________
Dump Trump 2020
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #19869  
Old Posted Dec 15, 2021, 8:41 PM
rivernorthlurker rivernorthlurker is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2018
Location: Chicago
Posts: 913
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steely Dan View Post
we now have a dedicated thread for the Thompson Center redevolpment.

please take all discussion there: https://skyscraperpage.com/forum/sho...d.php?t=249335
Thanks. Can you add a 'Chicago' tag to that thread as well?

Also - how about a new thread for the O'Hare redevelopment? I have a few pictures and that is going to be much more active in 2022.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #19870  
Old Posted Dec 15, 2021, 8:43 PM
Tom In Chicago's Avatar
Tom In Chicago Tom In Chicago is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: Sick City
Posts: 6,786
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steely Dan View Post
we now have a dedicated thread for the Thompson Center redevolpment.

please take all discussion there: https://skyscraperpage.com/forum/sho...d.php?t=249335
Excellent. . .

. . .
__________________
Tom in Chicago
. . .
Near the day of Purification, there will be cobwebs spun back and forth in the sky.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #19871  
Old Posted Dec 15, 2021, 9:56 PM
Kngkyle Kngkyle is online now
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Chicago
Posts: 2,814
Quote:
Originally Posted by rivernorthlurker View Post
Thanks. Can you add a 'Chicago' tag to that thread as well?

Also - how about a new thread for the O'Hare redevelopment? I have a few pictures and that is going to be much more active in 2022.
There is a singular thread for ORD/MDW news already. It could also use a 'Chicago' tag if possible, but this is where you can post such pictures -

https://skyscraperpage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=87889
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #19872  
Old Posted Dec 15, 2021, 10:12 PM
rivernorthlurker rivernorthlurker is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2018
Location: Chicago
Posts: 913
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kngkyle View Post
There is a singular thread for ORD/MDW news already. It could also use a 'Chicago' tag if possible, but this is where you can post such pictures -

https://skyscraperpage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=87889
Oh thank you so much. I didn't even know it existed. I tend to browse by the Chicago tag.

Ditto if @Steely_Dan has the power to add the 'Chicago' tag to the Thompson Center and ORD/MDW threads that would be appreciated. I browse Chicago threads by using https://skyscraperpage.com/forum/tags.php?tag=chicago as my 'home' so they don't show up. Admittedly I still don't quite understand how skyscraperpage.com forum works very well lol.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #19873  
Old Posted Dec 15, 2021, 10:23 PM
Steely Dan's Avatar
Steely Dan Steely Dan is online now
devout Pizzatarian
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: Lincoln Square, Chicago
Posts: 26,610
Quote:
Originally Posted by rivernorthlurker View Post

Ditto if @Steely_Dan has the power to add the 'Chicago' tag to the Thompson Center and ORD/MDW threads that would be appreciated.
If I could I certainly would.

There are only like 3 people in the entire universe that have the power to add tags to SSP threads (a stupid glitch of our archaic forum software), and none of them are very on the ball about getting tags added to threads in a timely fashion (the ORD & MDW thread is like 15 years old and still isn't tagged).
__________________
"every time a strip mall dies, an angel gets its wings"
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #19874  
Old Posted Dec 15, 2021, 10:33 PM
rivernorthlurker rivernorthlurker is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2018
Location: Chicago
Posts: 913
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steely Dan View Post
If I could I certainly would.

There are only like 3 people in the entire universe that have the power to add tags to SSP threads (a stupid glitch of our archaic forum software), and none of them are very on the ball about getting tags added to threads in a timely fashion (the ORD & MDW thread is like 15 years old and still isn't tagged).
Ah, not surprising. Thanks for the clarity. Bookmark it is!
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #19875  
Old Posted Dec 16, 2021, 7:42 PM
left of center's Avatar
left of center left of center is offline
1st Ward
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: The Big Onion
Posts: 2,368
Quote:
Originally Posted by rivernorthlurker View Post
Ah, not surprising. Thanks for the clarity. Bookmark it is!
I'm a tab fiend, I have a Chrome window open with 20+ tabs open to threads that are not Chicago-tagged. Suffice it to say, if I ever alt-tab that Chrome window (like right now), my work productivity plummets.
__________________
"Eventually, I think Chicago will be the most beautiful great city left in the world." -Frank Lloyd Wright
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #19876  
Old Posted Dec 17, 2021, 8:14 PM
BVictor1's Avatar
BVictor1 BVictor1 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Chicago
Posts: 9,989
Things to keep an eye out for in early 2022…

We should be hearing and seeing something in the near future regarding Bridgford Foods. I don’t have much info other than things have been redesigned and it’ll be taller…. It won’t be as tall as 900 W. Randolph, but it’ll be taller than the previous 17-story iteration.

I’ve heard from a second person that we should see something decent for Racine & Fulton (roughly). I’ve not seen anything, but I’ve heard it could be about 500’.

That’s all I have at the moment.
__________________
titanic1
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #19877  
Old Posted Dec 17, 2021, 9:07 PM
Chi-Sky21 Chi-Sky21 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Chicago
Posts: 1,199
With all this going up really wish 725 Randolph would get started.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #19878  
Old Posted Dec 17, 2021, 9:31 PM
thegoatman thegoatman is online now
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2021
Posts: 495
Quote:
Originally Posted by BVictor1 View Post
Things to keep an eye out for in early 2022…

We should be hearing and seeing something in the near future regarding Bridgford Foods. I don’t have much info other than things have been redesigned and it’ll be taller…. It won’t be as tall as 900 W. Randolph, but it’ll be taller than the previous 17-story iteration.

I’ve heard from a second person that we should see something decent for Racine & Fulton (roughly). I’ve not seen anything, but I’ve heard it could be about 500’.

That’s all I have at the moment.
The heights just keep getting taller. A building over 500 ft is on the way. Next it'll be a 600 footer, than 700. Next thing we know, we'll have the skyline all the way to Western.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #19879  
Old Posted Dec 17, 2021, 10:37 PM
left of center's Avatar
left of center left of center is offline
1st Ward
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: The Big Onion
Posts: 2,368
Quote:
Originally Posted by BVictor1 View Post
Things to keep an eye out for in early 2022…

We should be hearing and seeing something in the near future regarding Bridgford Foods. I don’t have much info other than things have been redesigned and it’ll be taller…. It won’t be as tall as 900 W. Randolph, but it’ll be taller than the previous 17-story iteration.

I’ve heard from a second person that we should see something decent for Racine & Fulton (roughly). I’ve not seen anything, but I’ve heard it could be about 500’.

That’s all I have at the moment.
Great news, thanks for the heads up BVic!

Taller/denser projects in the WL/FM make sense as property values continue to climb into the stratosphere. I'm really enjoying the skyline getting wider, breaking from the mold of just being a long strip hugging the lakefront/Grant Park!
__________________
"Eventually, I think Chicago will be the most beautiful great city left in the world." -Frank Lloyd Wright
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #19880  
Old Posted Dec 17, 2021, 11:04 PM
archguy archguy is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2021
Posts: 29
Other noteworthy updates

1000M is getting its crane

https://www.linkedin.com/posts/joeze...804659200-8Ljq


160 N Morgan is getting its bank building demo'd

https://urbanize.city/chicago/post/d...t-160-n-morgan

1245 W Fulton just got approved by CPC

https://urbanize.city/chicago/post/p...-1245-w-fulton

Not sure if this travesty came up in our conversations yet - goodbye 1860s home for a 360 Design Studio masonry box

https://urbanize.city/chicago/post/d...ntial-building
Reply With Quote
     
     
This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts
 
 
Reply

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations
Forum Jump


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 10:02 PM.

     

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.