HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > General Development

Old Posted Today, 1:31 PM
Chris

Quote:
Originally Posted by summersm343 View Post
Man Walnut Street can’t catch a damn break with these brands struggling and filing for bankruptcy. What’s that this year alone? 4 or 5? More? Outdoor Voices, Allbirds, Express, Bonobos… Scotch & Soda - was that this year? Atmos - was that this year? Just craziness. One step forward and one step back continuously for Walnut Street.
Yea, stinks to have 3 spaces filled and then another 3 open up... But at least most of the recent closures are big-picture retail issues versus Philadelphia specific.

Hopefully the success of new mainstream retailers will catch the attention of others to consider (or return to) Walnut.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skintreesnail View Post
I get that these lists are bogus, but it just gets annoying just not seeing Philadelphia even mentioned. https://preply.com/en/blog/most-walkable-cities-in-us/
Philadelphia overlooked for one of its strongest traits... what else is new...

I didn't bother reading the entire "study", but measuring steps to specific landmarks is a narrow study. Part of a walk-able city is the experience of walking from Landmark A to Landmark B, no matter how far apart.

Downtown Dallas in a nutshell is a few pockets of landmarks/sites and a generally barren auto-oriented streetscape everywhere else. A test for tourists, visit Dallas without a car and see how walk-able it is.

Last edited by PHLtoNYC; Today at 2:21 PM.

Old Posted Today, 1:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skintreesnail View Post
I get that these lists are bogus, but it just gets annoying just not seeing Philadelphia even mentioned. https://preply.com/en/blog/most-walkable-cities-in-us/
Good Lord! I've seen a lot of utterly useless urban-focused rankings in my day, but that has to be the worst I've ever seen.

LOL, Texas being the most walkable state for tourists. I saw more elevated highways all over Dallas in just a mere few days than I've seen before in my entire life.

Perply should stick to tutoring.

Old Posted Today, 1:58 PM

I'd rather see the CSX rails capped
Schuylkill Banks 3-17-24 b cropped by , on Flickr

thank you very much [/QUOTE]

Has capping the CSX rails ever been proposed or analyzed?

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > General Development