HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Southeast > Atlanta

Old Posted Sep 27, 2019, 4:52 PM

That rumor has floated around since the iPhone was released. I don’t see an Apple store here. The only location they would have wanted would have been the high profile corner at Peachtree and 15th which is now going to be an office building.

If Apple were going to do a store intown I think they’d pick a high profile corner to do a flagship store visibly and uniquely Apple. CS is moving in the right direction but they don’t have such a high traffic corner or prime spot available.

The next time you are contemplating what the hell went wrong in your life, look in a mirror!

Old Posted Sep 27, 2019, 6:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by midtowner View Post
I heard a rumor than they were considering doing an Apple store here. Has that been confirmed or denied yet?
Neither. Apple has been rumored for every major retail project in modern times it seems. I think it's ve
very unlikely that they will locate in Colony Square at this time. There was an ABC article last year that said "according to sources" Apple was considering the next phase of PCM for a store and that seems much more likely.

Old Posted Oct 3, 2019, 7:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martinman View Post
Neither. Apple has been rumored for every major retail project in modern times it seems. I think it's ve
very unlikely that they will locate in Colony Square at this time. There was an ABC article last year that said "according to sources" Apple was considering the next phase of PCM for a store and that seems much more likely.
I live around the corner (and apple store or not) it is interesting as someone recently bought in my building and they said they wanted to be near Colony Square at it is going to be like the new Ponce City Market. From an economic impact I wonder what it is doing for businesses and real estate prices in that part of Midtown as I have been hearing similar stories?

Old Posted Oct 3, 2019, 7:36 PM

Is there a consolidated tenant list anywhere? I see some of the names on the signage but I am curious what all is going in there.

Old Posted Oct 3, 2019, 8:02 PM

Quote:
Is there a consolidated tenant list anywhere? I see some of the names on the signage but I am curious what all is going in there.
They haven't released anything other than the restaurants and the theater.

Last edited by smArTaLlone; Oct 4, 2019 at 12:53 AM.

Old Posted Oct 3, 2019, 9:36 PM

Quote:
I live around the corner (and apple store or not) it is interesting as someone recently bought in my building and they said they wanted to be near Colony Square at it is going to be like the new Ponce City Market. From an economic impact I wonder what it is doing for businesses and real estate prices in that part of Midtown as I have been hearing similar stories?
My first reaction was to ask if the person who bought and thought CS was going to be life PCM was Mark Toro.

But in all seriousness, that’s good there’s hype around the area. I’m happy for all the residents in the immediate vicinity to have more options. Would love to see more retail creep over to Piedmont closer to the park.

Old Posted Oct 13, 2019, 6:52 PM

Old Posted Oct 15, 2019, 3:33 PM

Campanile

Quote:
These renderings and stacking plan were displayed in the (Campanile) lobby last week
Looks they are still planning to add floors to the top of the tower.

https://twitter.com/shyamal__/status...33202735476737

Old Posted Oct 15, 2019, 3:42 PM

Wow they're going really bold with this retail...first it was two stories, then 3, now at least 50 feet high.

Old Posted Oct 15, 2019, 5:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ant131531 View Post
Wow they're going really bold with this retail...first it was two stories, then 3, now at least 50 feet high.
No the retail is still 2 floors. They are just expanding floors 3 and 4 for more office space which seems to coincide with reducing the floors added on top to only 4, but in spirit keeping the increase in square feet as if they were gonna do the 6 on top originally planned.

Old Posted Oct 16, 2019, 9:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgiaPeanuts View Post
No the retail is still 2 floors. They are just expanding floors 3 and 4 for more office space which seems to coincide with reducing the floors added on top to only 4, but in spirit keeping the increase in square feet as if they were gonna do the 6 on top originally planned.
Ah, that’s a good explanation of the new lower floors. Either way, it will help activate the street level. I have a feeling this will be an awesome addition to Midtown. Seems like it could be activating the street a lot better than the new colony square renovations. Will be good to have some competition and new options in the area.

Old Posted Oct 16, 2019, 3:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgiaPeanuts View Post
I wish the PoMo roofline would come back. It used to be a prominent part of the Midtown skyline, and now it's just average.

https://images.app.goo.gl/Zd8inc4dvye5R9un8

Last edited by cparker73; Oct 16, 2019 at 3:40 PM.

Old Posted Oct 16, 2019, 5:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cparker73 View Post
I wish the PoMo roofline would come back. It used to be a prominent part of the Midtown skyline, and now it's just average.

https://images.app.goo.gl/Zd8inc4dvye5R9un8

I completely agree!

Do we know why they removed the top portion?

Old Posted Oct 16, 2019, 6:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DNR View Post
I completely agree!

Do we know why they removed the top portion?

Because it was totally glam 87'. I think the changes they made helped the Campanile structure look a lot more modern.

No one seems to mind they removed a lot of the 'Star Wars' elements from Colony Square complex- and their renovations make that property look much more modern.

Old Posted Oct 17, 2019, 11:23 PM

Movie theater construction

https://www.instagram.com/p/B3uu7HNF_8X/

Old Posted Oct 18, 2019, 4:42 PM

CAN'T WAIT! #GoMidtown

Old Posted Oct 21, 2019, 6:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by montydawg View Post
Because it was totally glam 87'. I think the changes they made helped the Campanile structure look a lot more modern.

No one seems to mind they removed a lot of the 'Star Wars' elements from Colony Square complex- and their renovations make that property look much more modern.
Well, there's Modern and then there's modern (little M). I think a lot of the Colony Square renovation is little M modern that is just about being on trend and may not be held up as classic Modern.

I know pointy-roofed towers defined the 1980s-90s Atlanta skyline, but today's towers leave a lot to be desired. When I was a kid, the IBM Tower (One Atlantic Center), was going up, and I fell in love with it and architecture. The classic skyscraper form was an inspiration. Today's kids are getting just a bunch of mashed up 20-story mixed-use nondescript building forms.

Last edited by cparker73; Oct 21, 2019 at 6:48 PM.

Old Posted Oct 22, 2019, 8:21 PM

Some people think all skyscrapers should wear pointy hats. Others don't. That's literally the extent of the rationale for opinions either way.

The Campanile's original design was postmodernist, not modernist, but the changes do make it overall look more like a contemporary building.

Old Posted Oct 31, 2019, 3:37 PM

American Barber Shop Snags Space In Colony Square

https://whatnowatlanta.com/american-...colony-square/

Quote:
North American Properties announced American Barber Shop will join the retail lineup in the mixed-use.

Old Posted Nov 4, 2019, 3:28 AM

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Southeast > Atlanta