HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > General Development

Closed Thread

Old Posted Feb 1, 2022, 6:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PHLtoNYC View Post
Another vacancy on the 1300 Block of Chestnut making way for a restaurant. Good to see.

Group behind U-Bahn, Uptown Beer Garden plans new Greek restaurant for Center City

https://www.bizjournals.com/philadel...Pos=0#cxrecs_s

"The Philadelphia hospitality group behind concepts like Bru Craft & Wurst, U-Bahn and Finn McCools Ale House has signed a lease to bring a Greek restaurant to 1308-10 Chestnut St., further rounding out the group's already robust presence on that Center City block."

"The Mediterranean inspiration nods to Sourias’ Greek roots, he said. The concept will stray from some of the other nightlife-centric hotspots in Craft Concepts Group’s portfolio like Tradesman’s and Kontrol by focusing on the food component. Sourias, 40, said he’s at a point where he wants to home in on the dining aspect with a restaurant featuring sit-down service and a high-quality chef. That means that for Mona he doesn’t “really have a lot of nightlife in mind.”"
Saw that as well. Expected opening sometime in 2023 lol

Old Posted Feb 1, 2022, 8:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TempleGuy1000 View Post
A small update: I asked a couple months ago about the fate of Anastasi Seafood because of the new apartment building on the SE corner of 9th and Washington. They have reopened today at 1039 S 9th which is the block around the corner on 9th. Great win for the neighborhood.
Nice, last time I was in there about two months ago I asked when they were moving out and they said sometime in January. I heard from other people in the neighborhood that they were supposed to move out sometime last year but that the date kept getting pushed back. Seems like things might be moving according to schedule now. Glad they're staying in the neighborhood and that that building is finally (maybe) moving forward. Win win IMO

Old Posted Feb 1, 2022, 9:42 PM
Midrise

Quote:
Originally Posted by PHLtoNYC View Post
Another vacancy on the 1300 Block of Chestnut making way for a restaurant. Good to see.

Group behind U-Bahn, Uptown Beer Garden plans new Greek restaurant for Center City

"The Philadelphia hospitality group behind concepts like Bru Craft & Wurst, U-Bahn and Finn McCools Ale House has signed a lease to bring a Greek restaurant to 1308-10 Chestnut St., further rounding out the group's already robust presence on that Center City block."

"The Mediterranean inspiration nods to Sourias’ Greek roots, he said. The concept will stray from some of the other nightlife-centric hotspots in Craft Concepts Group’s portfolio like Tradesman’s and Kontrol by focusing on the food component. Sourias, 40, said he’s at a point where he wants to home in on the dining aspect with a restaurant featuring sit-down service and a high-quality chef. That means that for Mona he doesn’t “really have a lot of nightlife in mind.”"
Yep, we mentioned that one a week ago at P.I.C.H., having attended WSWCA's zoning meeting:
Restauranteur Teddy Sourias has proposed a new restaurant, Mona, for 1308 Chestnut, which he and project architect Jose J Hernandez of JKRP Architects presented to the Washington Square West Civic Association at their zoning meeting this evening. The plan is to add a partial 3rd story and roof deck.

https://files.constantcontact.com/16...9d35c56e85.pdf

There was some contentiousness about trash issues, with an attorney for McGillin's Ale House calling out the proliferation of dumpsters out back on Drury St for Sourias' other restaurants, rather than providing sufficient indoor storage of dumpsters.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/Phil...42342516054380 <-also added rendering to comment at P.I.C.H.

Last edited by Jayfar; Feb 2, 2022 at 5:18 PM.

Old Posted Feb 1, 2022, 10:30 PM

I didn't get a chance to snap a picture since I'm on a run, but there is equipment on site at the Francisville Triangle (near the intersection of 19th and Wylie)!

Temple University '18 ']['

Old Posted Feb 2, 2022, 12:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhilliesPhan View Post
I didn't get a chance to snap a picture since I'm on a run, but there is equipment on site at the Francisville Triangle (near the intersection of 19th and Wylie)!
Wow, it's been a looong time coming. It will drastically change the feel of the area.

Old Posted Feb 2, 2022, 1:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TempleGuy1000 View Post
A small update: I asked a couple months ago about the fate of Anastasi Seafood because of the new apartment building on the SE corner of 9th and Washington. They have reopened today at 1039 S 9th which is the block around the corner on 9th. Great win for the neighborhood.
Just the fishmonger part of the business, right? Their plan years ago was to split up the restaurant from that side of the business. I heard a rumor that the restaurant was going to come into the 12th and Wharton warehouse that's rehab has been stalled for months.

Old Posted Feb 2, 2022, 1:59 AM

There is an excellent article in OFC Realty about Amy Gutmann Hall on the Penn campus. However, it also was the first mention of the start of the Vagelos Laboratory building at 32nd and Walnut with wonderful photos of the demolition of existing structures. I would post it if I only knew how.

Old Posted Feb 2, 2022, 2:27 AM
Midrise

Quote:
Originally Posted by Easiered View Post
There is an excellent article in OFC Realty about Amy Gutmann Hall on the Penn campus. However, it also was the first mention of the start of the Vagelos Laboratory building at 32nd and Walnut with wonderful photos of the demolition of existing structures. I would post it if I only knew how.
Simply post the URL of the article: https://www.ocfrealty.com/naked-phil...-34th-chestnut

Old Posted Feb 2, 2022, 2:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Easiered View Post
Amy Guttman Hall Will Bring Mass Timber to 34th & Chestnut

Old Posted Feb 2, 2022, 4:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsarstruck View Post
Just the fishmonger part of the business, right? Their plan years ago was to split up the restaurant from that side of the business. I heard a rumor that the restaurant was going to come into the 12th and Wharton warehouse that's rehab has been stalled for months.
That's very interesting. I assume you mean the long vacant warehouse currently under rehab? There was a zoning permit issued for a sit down restaurant in the space across the park at 1204 Reed that's part of the granite kitchen warehouse. Could they be moving into this space instead?

Old Posted Feb 2, 2022, 5:45 PM

the project at 12th and vine is well underway, I haven't seen any pics or recent references to the project but there is a 15 foot hole in the ground currently and crews are on site.

Old Posted Feb 2, 2022, 5:51 PM

One of the few weekends upcoming where I don't have much going on. I think I might go out and take some progress pics - anyone have any projects they want some updates on? Highrises welcome too

Old Posted Feb 3, 2022, 2:10 AM
Chris

Some snazzy townhouses coming to Chestnut Street (just off it). They are across from the Sansom5, which is another attractive set of new houses. I'm curious to see the prices these fetch.

MMA Studio Taps Out For Huge New Homes at 24th & Chestnut

https://www.ocfrealty.com/naked-phil...-24th-chestnut

Old Posted Feb 3, 2022, 5:40 PM

Mixed-Use Building Near Wayne Junction Station Will Incorporate a Trolley Car

Is anyone else taken aback by how Wayne Junction is suddenly the shit? I'm loving this, it's an area with fantastic bones.

(Before you get excited, it's not a trolley, it's a traditional stainless steel "trolley car diner")

Old Posted Feb 3, 2022, 7:16 PM

It has great TOD potential since the station is attached to so many lines. I've been interested watching it because my grandparents used to live near there and my grandpa worked in the Honeywell factory. I think that one is one of the few old factories that Ken Weinstein doesn't own (yet?)

Old Posted Feb 3, 2022, 7:28 PM

To be honest, it kind of bugs me that they knocked down two old factories that could have been restored and then decided that they’re being historically sensitive by wedging in an old rando trolley car diner into the new building. I like the design overall but the diner thing is kind of kitschy.

Old Posted Feb 3, 2022, 8:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcgrath618 View Post

Is anyone else taken aback by how Wayne Junction is suddenly the shit? I'm loving this, it's an area with fantastic bones.

(Before you get excited, it's not a trolley, it's a traditional stainless steel "trolley car diner")
I live in Mt Airy, and the stretch of Germantown Ave from Chesnut Hill all the way to Wayne Junction has a lot of potential and some new development. The further east you go though... it has a long way to go.

Old Posted Feb 3, 2022, 9:05 PM
Me?!?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcgrath618 View Post

An article I read earlier today about WJ:

Wayne Junction is quietly booming. Can it last?
https://whyy.org/articles/wayne-junc...g-can-it-last/

Old Posted Feb 3, 2022, 9:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EastSideHBG View Post
Wayne Junction is quietly booming. Can it last?
https://whyy.org/articles/wayne-junc...g-can-it-last/
Weinstein should just kick Attic Brewing out and find a different tenant. I say that as someone who has been to Deke's and Attic multiple times.

Old Posted Feb 3, 2022, 9:44 PM
Chris

More Life Sciences news. A small operation, but has potential, and multiply this scenario 100 times per year, and things look good for Philadelphia.

French gene therapy company SparingVision establishes U.S. headquarters in Philadelphia

"A French genomics medicines company focused on developing vision-saving treatments for retinal diseases has established its U.S. headquarters in Philadelphia.
Paris-based SparingVision has opened an office in Center City at Three Logan Square."

""Philadelphia is becoming a major hub for cell and gene therapy, so this was a natural place to put our U.S. headquarters," said Dan Chung, SparingVision's chief medical officer."

"SparingVision, founded in 2016, has 25 employees overall and opened its Philadelphia office this week with two people. Chung said he is actively recruiting for people with medical affairs and clinical development positions. "We expect to be at eight to 10 people by the end of the year," he said. "We'll have more people coming in the second quarter.""

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Closed Thread

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > General Development