HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > City Discussions

Old Posted Jul 31, 2021, 4:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by homebucket View Post
Is that 55% of the total population or the eligible (12+) population?
Total population. Highest vaccination rate in the state.

Old Posted Jul 31, 2021, 6:04 AM
A Man In Dandism

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlidellWx View Post
Total population. Highest vaccination rate in the state.
That's actually pretty impressive. Orange County is only at 56%, LA County is at 54%, and SD is downright awful at 44%. Socal forumers, y'all need to slap some sense into your neighbors!

Old Posted Jul 31, 2021, 9:18 AM

Quote:
Mask mandate back in effect in New Orleans despite 55% fully vaccinated in the city. Mainly due to exploding cases in surrounding parishes and states since we get a lot of visitors. No other restrictions, so everything is open as usual. Several music clubs and restaurants are now only allowing fully vaxxed inside which I fully support.
What do you have to give as proof of vaccination? Just the paper CDC card?

I’m really worried about what happens when that thing that all creased and dog-eared or spilled on. It’s not exactly wallet size or durable.
There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there always has been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that "my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge." - Isaac Asimov

Old Posted Jul 31, 2021, 10:46 AM
The City

^ Mine is laminated

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC4W...lUKB1w8ED5bV2Q

Old Posted Jul 31, 2021, 2:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by the urban politician View Post
^ Mine is laminated
Can you do that yourself or do you have a different card? Good idea though. Need to find a place that can do that.
There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there always has been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that "my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge." - Isaac Asimov

Old Posted Jul 31, 2021, 2:36 PM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by 10023 View Post
Can you do that yourself or do you have a different card? Good idea though. Need to find a place that can do that.
Just go to a FedEx store.

I have mine somewhere in my glove box. I've never had to show my papers, yet.

Old Posted Jul 31, 2021, 2:54 PM

The business owners will accept the card or digital certificate. Louisiana has a digital vaccine certificate that any resident can download for free. It's through the LA Wallet app. The digital certificate also links directly to CommonPass, so it can also be used for travel purposes.

Old Posted Jul 31, 2021, 3:21 PM

Quote:
The business owners will accept the card or digital certificate. Louisiana has a digital vaccine certificate that any resident can download for free. It's through the LA Wallet app. The digital certificate also links directly to CommonPass, so it can also be used for travel purposes.
And if you got doses in two different states? I suspect that is going to be quite common in the US.

Old Posted Jul 31, 2021, 3:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 10023 View Post
What do you have to give as proof of vaccination? Just the paper CDC card?

I’m really worried about what happens when that thing that all creased and dog-eared or spilled on. It’s not exactly wallet size or durable.
NY has a phone app called the Excelsior pass. I haven't set it up yet though, since most places are still on the honor system around here. The places I've gone that ask for proof have accepted seeing a picture of the CDC card from my phone and comparing it to my drivers license.

Old Posted Jul 31, 2021, 4:41 PM
Dryer lint inspector

As long as a phone pic of the CDC card remains adequate otherwise I'm not carrying around my physical CDC card. Texas refuses to issue an analogue to the Excelsior Pass or whatever Louisiana's doing.

Old Posted Jul 31, 2021, 6:46 PM
A gruff individual.

Location: Greenville, SC - "Birthplace of the light switch rave"
A trip to Wal-Mart today showed us that about half the shoppers were back to wearing masks. That was a bit frightening, because if Wal-Mart shoppers in South Carolina are unnerved enough to mask up, it's serious.
"To sustain the life of a large, modern city in this cloying, clinging heat is an amazing achievement. It is no wonder that the white men and women in Greenville walk with a slow, dragging pride, as if they had taken up a challenge and intended to defy it without end." -- Rebecca West for The New Yorker, 1947

Last edited by hauntedheadnc; Aug 1, 2021 at 12:07 AM.

Old Posted Jul 31, 2021, 9:59 PM
The Vomit Bag.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil McAvity View Post
Yes, that was exactly my point

Why am I not surprised you found a way to twist what I wrote?

If you consider this a "human tragedy" it doesn't sound like you understand who this virus is killing because it isn't killing healthy young people, it's really only killing the gravely ill and/or very elderly that only have about a year left to live anyway. That's not a tragedy

What's more, the fear mongering isn't nonsensical at all, it makes perfect sense because fear sells. If the media were honest about covid and provided comprehensive facts about it far fewer of you would be scared but of course they don't do that because they desperately want readers/viewers so they offer misleading info to scare people. You people here are proof of how well it's worked because someone like me comes along with government data proving this thing isn't dangerous and the vast majority of you people here pushback you've all been brainwashed so well which just goes to show it's easier to trick people than to convince them they've been tricked
The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts.
"If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you."-President Lyndon B. Johnson Donald Trump is a poor man's idea of a rich man, a weak man's idea of a strong man, and a stupid man's idea of a smart man. Am I an Asseau?

Old Posted Jul 31, 2021, 10:04 PM
Birds Aren't Real!

Quote:
Originally Posted by homebucket View Post
That's actually pretty impressive. Orange County is only at 56%, LA County is at 54%, and SD is downright awful at 44%. Socal forumers, y'all need to slap some sense into your neighbors!
According to the LA County COVID vaccine dashboard, as of July 25th, 62% of LA County residents who are 16 years and older are fully vaccinated, and 71% have received at least one dose so far.

Old Posted Jul 31, 2021, 10:53 PM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by craigs View Post
According to the LA County COVID vaccine dashboard, as of July 25th, 62% of LA County residents who are 16 years and older are fully vaccinated, and 71% have received at least one dose so far.
16 or 12 and older? I thought most counties do the latter?

Old Posted Jul 31, 2021, 10:56 PM
BANNED

Maricopa County:

As of 7/27/2021:
Quote:
*More vaccines were given last week (7/18-7/24) than either of the 2 previous weeks!
*Last week, Maricopa County residents received the most 1st vaccine doses since early June!
*Over 2.1 million Maricopa County residents have received at least one dose of COVID-19 vaccine.
*Almost 4 million COVID-19 vaccine doses have been given to Maricopa County residents.
>48% of all Maricopa County residents, >55% of Maricopa County residents 10 years and older, and >59% of Maricopa County residents 18 years and older have received at least 1 dose of COVID-19 vaccine.
https://www.maricopa.gov/5671/Public-Vaccine-Data

Looks like Maricopa County is nearly identical to LA County.
59% of Maricopa County residents 18+ vaxxed
62% of LA County residents 16+ vaxxed

Old Posted Aug 1, 2021, 1:36 AM
A Man In Dandism

Quote:
Originally Posted by craigs View Post
I understand the rationale for only looking at the eligible population, but I believe it gives us a false sense of security, since COVID can infect the unvaccinated of any age. I would also only look at the population that is fully vaccinated too, as we know that only one dose offers much less protection.

Anyway, regardless of which subgroup of the population you look at, it's clear that LA has fallen behind. For 12+ most of the Bay Area counties are at 72-78% fully vaccinated. If LA county is at 62% fully vaccinated for 16+, it's reasonable to assume that for 12+ it's actually lower than 62% since we know that there is a drop off in vaccination rates in the 12-15 age group.

Old Posted Aug 1, 2021, 5:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JManc View Post
As long as a phone pic of the CDC card remains adequate otherwise I'm not carrying around my physical CDC card. Texas refuses to issue an analogue to the Excelsior Pass or whatever Louisiana's doing.
I have only had to show my CDC card when buying game tickets to a Phillies game in Cincinnati. Fully-vaccinated people could get tickets for $10 each, and I chose to do that. I showed a picture on my phone of the card.

Delaware does not have any app where you have a digital version of the CDC card. I don't imagine they will plan on doing that. We are a blue state with Democratic politicians up and down the line, by the way. Our Democratic Governor has apparently said a mask mandate will not be brought back, even with the Delta variant. Our state government and Governor has been pretty pragmatic about mandates and restrictions throughout the pandemic.

Old Posted Aug 1, 2021, 1:43 PM
The City

Quote:

If you consider this a "human tragedy" it doesn't sound like you understand who this virus is killing because it isn't killing healthy young people, it's really only killing the gravely ill and/or very elderly that only have about a year left to live anyway. That's not a tragedy

What's more, the fear mongering isn't nonsensical at all, it makes perfect sense because fear sells. If the media were honest about covid and provided comprehensive facts about it far fewer of you would be scared but of course they don't do that because they desperately want readers/viewers so they offer misleading info to scare people. You people here are proof of how well it's worked because someone like me comes along with government data proving this thing isn't dangerous and the vast majority of you people here pushback you've all been brainwashed so well which just goes to show it's easier to trick people than to convince them they've been tricked
You’ve got to be joking. I’ve been as level headed and non-freaked out about Covid as anyone. I agree it’s been hysteria.

But even I think you are being totally obtuse here. A virus that kills millions in just a year and a half is no joke. And you are wrong in saying that “only the weak and frail with 1 year to live died”. My coworker’s brother in law, a healthy 48 year old man in Kuwait, just died of Covid. He had not been vaccinated.

My major criticism today is that in the post vaccine world people are still stirring panic about Covid and that is just blatantly irresponsible. We keep counting Covid cases but it’s like a toothless tiger at this point. So what if cases are rising? Hospitalizations and death rates, ICU bed saturation rates are still very low except in areas where people think like you do and refuse the vaccine.

Covid is basically serving as a proxy for all respiratory viruses. When we have open restaurants, stores, festivals, then viruses circulate, as has happened throughout human history. I think most people don’t get that and are appalled and freaked out about all of this, but guess what? This is NORMAL.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC4W...lUKB1w8ED5bV2Q

Old Posted Aug 1, 2021, 2:07 PM
The Vomit Bag.

Quote:
Yes, that was exactly my point

Why am I not surprised you found a way to twist what I wrote?

You are incessantly twisting the facts on covid, and therefore deliberately spreading misinformation on an extremely serious pandemic that has struck down millions of people. This should be grounds for a suspension from SSP.

You are certainly no Oskar Schindler. Just a coward who insists on arbitrarily dismissing the restrictions imposed by governments around the world to protect their citizens, instead of just getting the vaccine. Do your part, and stop being so selfish.
"If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you."-President Lyndon B. Johnson Donald Trump is a poor man's idea of a rich man, a weak man's idea of a strong man, and a stupid man's idea of a smart man. Am I an Asseau?

Last edited by MolsonExport; Aug 1, 2021 at 2:45 PM.

Old Posted Aug 1, 2021, 2:14 PM
The Vomit Bag.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > City Discussions