HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > City Discussions

Old Posted Aug 1, 2021, 5:09 PM
A gruff individual.

Location: Greenville, SC - "Birthplace of the light switch rave"
You know, didn't someone let slip a while back that forumer SLO had covid? What ever happened to him?
"To sustain the life of a large, modern city in this cloying, clinging heat is an amazing achievement. It is no wonder that the white men and women in Greenville walk with a slow, dragging pride, as if they had taken up a challenge and intended to defy it without end." -- Rebecca West for The New Yorker, 1947

Old Posted Aug 1, 2021, 9:27 PM
The Vomit Bag.

^don't worry, Fill MyCavity is Philling in for SLO
"If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you."-President Lyndon B. Johnson Donald Trump is a poor man's idea of a rich man, a weak man's idea of a strong man, and a stupid man's idea of a smart man. Am I an Asseau?

Old Posted Aug 1, 2021, 10:17 PM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pedestrian View Post
If you leave your air-conditioned cave in a Phoenix July, you definitely need to shower more than once a day.
Or jump in the pool!

Usually 1 shower works though. I'll do 2 if I'm active or working out, wouldn't everybody else do the same? If not, that's weird. I usually take a shower before bed, just incase somebody else might be in the mood (which I have found to be around 8% of the time <---that's a joke, usually it's around 90-100%). <---j/k again.

Old Posted Aug 2, 2021, 1:39 AM
你的媽媽

Beautiful day at the ballpark today. Looks like things are pretty much back to normal here.

Old Posted Aug 2, 2021, 2:15 AM
The City

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil McAvity View Post

You posted one link to something I was mistaken about a while back and because of that "i'm deliberately spreading misinformation"? Not quite. Just because everything i've posted in this thread (and there's been a lot) hasn't been perfectly accurate doesn't mean the bulk of it hasn't been and as far as "grounds for a suspension from SSP", i'm really amazed that someone who is easily the biggest troll i've ever encountered anywhere is still allowed here. I've never met anyone who is anywhere near as patronizing, insulting, dismissive and condescending as you and yet i'm the one that should be banned? It's inexplicable to me why the mods here continue to tolerate you
Put that axe-grinder nitwit on your ignore list like I have. He’s got issues.

But still, you need to come to terms with realty about Covid. You’ve been listening to the wrong people. There is a middle ground between the buttholes at CNN who want to make this last forever, and the people who think that Covid is one giant hoax

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC4W...lUKB1w8ED5bV2Q

Old Posted Aug 2, 2021, 5:58 AM

We're #1
https://wsvn.com/news/local/miami-da...delta-variant/

Quote:
Miami-Dade, Broward lead US in hospital admissions for critical care due to delta variant

MIAMI (WSVN) - Miami-Dade and Broward counties now lead the U.S. in the number of hospital admissions for critical care, as cases of COVID-19 surge in South Florida due to the delta variant.

Video from Memorial Healthcare System captured a busy intensive care unit at Memorial Hospital West in Miramar.

Hospital officials said the ICU has nearly reached capacity with critical COVID-19 patients.

“Most of these patients are in their 30s, their 40s and 50s,” Memorial Hospital Nurse Manager Juana Mejía said.

Old Posted Aug 2, 2021, 7:59 AM

^ “their 30s, 40s and 50s”… and what’s the breakdown between those very different age groups?

Leading the US doesn’t mean a whole lot when overall numbers are down, and 96% of these people are unvaccinated (by choice). So who cares?
There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there always has been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that "my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge." - Isaac Asimov

Old Posted Aug 2, 2021, 1:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 10023 View Post
^ “their 30s, 40s and 50s”… and what’s the breakdown between those very different age groups?

Leading the US doesn’t mean a whole lot when overall numbers are down, and 96% of these people are unvaccinated (by choice). So who cares?
Florida currently has 10,600 hospitalized. Not the most ever, but only around 1,000 below the peak last summer and it's still rising rapidly.

Old Posted Aug 2, 2021, 1:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eschaton View Post
Florida currently has 10,600 hospitalized. Not the most ever, but only around 1,000 below the peak last summer and it's still rising rapidly.
And 96% of them are unvaccinated, according to this article. So I do not care.
There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there always has been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that "my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge." - Isaac Asimov

Old Posted Aug 2, 2021, 1:57 PM
The City

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave8721 View Post
From the article:

Quote:
A total of 55 have been admitted into intensive care, and only one of the patients has been vaccinated.
The vaccine works. Proof is in the pudding. But amazing (and maddening) how so many people are still refusing it.

Old Posted Aug 2, 2021, 1:58 PM
The City

Quote:
I care only because the willfully unvaccinated are prolonging this crap.

And I’m pretty sure that the doctors and nurses in regions where there is poor vaccine compliance are getting fed up with this crap as well

Old Posted Aug 2, 2021, 2:01 PM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by the urban politician View Post
From the article:

The vaccine works. Proof is in the pudding. But amazing (and maddening) how so many people are still refusing it.
10,600 cases.
55 in the ICU
1 in the ICU is fully vaccinated?

1 fully vaxxed patient out of a total 10,600 cases is in the ICU?
That's 0.009%

Old Posted Aug 2, 2021, 2:04 PM
The City

^ There may be hospitalized people who are NOT in the ICU who’ve been vaccinated as well, but I’m sure, as has borne out elsewhere, the ratio is probably very low

Old Posted Aug 2, 2021, 2:05 PM
The City

Pedestrian had Covid last week, his worst fear (even worse than clowns and spiders). We haven’t heard from him in a while. Pedestrian are you still alive?

Being that he’s all couped up in his basement, I fear that if he croaked nobody would know for about 5 weeks. Pedestrian! Where are you?

Old Posted Aug 2, 2021, 2:08 PM

And ultimately there will always be people who are hospitalised or die from this, even if vaccinated, just as they are with flu. It may be that they are very old and frail, or that the vaccine just didn’t produce a strong immune response. That’s life.

People who are particularly vulnerable should probably be encouraged to get antibody tests done a few weeks after their second dose, to confirm that the vaccination “took”.

Old Posted Aug 2, 2021, 2:26 PM

Quote:
If hospitals ICU's are full, plenty of responsible people with non-COVID critical issues will be turned away.

I mean, it's the same reason we mandate seat belts. Not wearing one doesn't just impact you. First you could literally hit someone else going through the windshield. But more broadly those who don't wear seat belts drive up insurance costs (both auto and medical) for the rest of us.

Old Posted Aug 2, 2021, 2:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camelback View Post
10,600 cases.
55 in the ICU
1 in the ICU is fully vaccinated?

1 fully vaxxed patient out of a total 10,600 cases is in the ICU?
That's 0.009%
You're comparing apples and oranges here. 10,600 is for the whole state, and 55 in the ICU was for for a single hospital chain in the Miami area with 420 total COVID patients.

Old Posted Aug 2, 2021, 2:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eschaton View Post
If hospitals ICU's are full, plenty of responsible people with non-COVID critical issues will be turned away.

I mean, it's the same reason we mandate seat belts. Not wearing one doesn't just impact you. First you could literally hit someone else going through the windshield. But more broadly those who don't wear seat belts drive up insurance costs (both auto and medical) for the rest of us.
That’s easy. Prioritise the non-Covid issues over unvaccinated Covid patients.

Old Posted Aug 2, 2021, 2:46 PM

Vaccines will never be 100% effective; but what they do excel at is rapidly reducing the possibility of getting ill, let alone hospitalised or die.

10023 you mentioned earlier that you don’t care that the people who are falling victim are overwhelmingly those who are unvaccinated, but you should care. Regardless of their ignorance and stupidity to not get vaccinated, more people dying or suffering long-term medical conditions will have an indirect cost on you, me and the rest of society. There was a father in his mid-30’s who died from Covid the other week, leaving behind two young kids who – from a statistical perspective – likely to experience more adverse life prospects.

Old Posted Aug 2, 2021, 4:22 PM
你的媽媽

Quote:
Originally Posted by the urban politician View Post
Pedestrian had Covid last week, his worst fear (even worse than clowns and spiders). We haven’t heard from him in a while. Pedestrian are you still alive?

Being that he’s all couped up in his basement, I fear that if he croaked nobody would know for about 5 weeks. Pedestrian! Where are you?
Did he actually confirm that he tested positive? I thought he was just concerned about exposure after an office visit with his physician and went to get tested.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > City Discussions