HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations

Old Posted Oct 15, 2022, 12:05 AM

Awesome updated Maldive.

Old Posted Oct 15, 2022, 1:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by billy corgan View Post
Awesome updated Maldive.
Hey thanks stranger... long time!

Was thinking just a week or so ago about those ancient times and the original gang of geeks and misfits lead by a squash squashing grunge overlord.

Back in the days when skyscraper websites weren't about weather, politics, western Canadian hockey teams and every other topic imaginable... except for skyscrapers.

Hope you (and loved ones) are healthy and happy.

Old Posted Oct 15, 2022, 1:30 PM

Wow! I remember when they tore down the majority of the old Canadian Tire store and expanded behind the facade. It was kind of a big deal. I think that was the original flagship store? Certainly one of the oldest still in existence. And do they really think people turn 90 degrees when running? Who wants to run up against a tall parapet 5 stories above ground anyway?

Old Posted Oct 15, 2022, 1:33 PM

CIBC SQUARE | 241.39m | 50s | Hines | WilkinsonEyre l Phase 2 u/c

The core now well above the park/deck over the rail corridor to Phase 1.

Johnny Au

sammmy

Sugar Wharf Condominiums (Phase 2) | 299m | 90s | Menkes | a—A l site demolition/heritage retention

mburrrrr

mburrrrr

mburrrrr

Phase 1 in the centre.

mburrrrr

Pinnacle One Yonge | 312.5m | 95s | Pinnacle | Hariri Pontarini l u/c

Phase 1 "Prestige"

mburrrrr

mburrrrr

A peek inside.

mburrrrr

Finishing up the cladding on the Phase 1 podium on the right, SkyTower podium on the left.

Amare

IMMIX | 131.06m | 38s | QuadReal | a—A l u/c

Full reveal of the clock tower (my favourite part).

Benito

Benito

Benito

On the left from a few weeks ago.

Rascacielo

The Annex | 37.72m | 11s | Plaza Partners | BDP Quadrangle l pre-construction

Mid-rise in… The Annex (I think ;-). Rentals and retail.

UT

UT

Mississauga

1580 and 1650 Dundas St E l ?m l 41s l 4Q Commercial WP Inc l pre-construction

More than 3000 residential units plus retail. 7 buildings from 12 to 18 storeys, and 3 towers from 29 to 41 storeys.

Lake Ontario

Last edited by Maldive; Oct 15, 2022 at 2:00 PM.

Old Posted Oct 16, 2022, 11:07 PM
Intergalactic Barfly

[IMG][/IMG]

Old Posted Oct 17, 2022, 7:31 PM

The One | 338.3m | 94s | Mizrahi Developments | Foster + Partners l u/c

They jumped the crane yesterday and busy pouring super-columns and walls today (and maybe some corners).

Benito

Benito

Corner.

Benito

160 Front West | 239.87m | 46s | Cadillac Fairview | AS + GG l u/c

Collection of swoops:

Rascacielo

Rascacielo

Rascacielo

Riseth

Rascacielo

Johnny Au

Sugar Wharf Condominiums (Phase 1) | 231m | 70s | Menkes | a—A l u/c

Four new builds (1 complete) in one shot: the 2 towers of Sugar Wharf, One Yonge Phase 1 between them, and CIBC Square Phase 1 on the right.

jackattack

Johnny Au

39 Camden | 58.15m | 16s | Lamb Dev Corp | a—A l pre-construction

Brad Lamb has had mixed reviews (often about business practices) but he does do some good mid-rise infill buildings.

UT

ProjectEnd

UT

The Woodsworth (recently completed) on Richmond just west of Spadina.

Red Mars

U of T: Schwartz Reisman Innovation Centre | ?m | 20s | U of T | Weiss/Manfredi l u/c

ADRM

ADRM

AlbertC

550 Adelaide East | 98.25m | 29s | 5050075 Ontario Limited | Giannone Petricone l pre-construction

Little or no changes in the site plan application just filed for this condo retail project.

UT

UT

UT

191 College | 95.18m | 31s | Unix Housing Group | Icon l pre-construction

The site plan application has been filed for this mass timber mixed-use tower, unique not only because it would be the tallest of its kind in the country, but also because 80% of its 494 residential units are designated “afforable”
(must be a local record).

UT

22 Balliol Residences | 126m | 40s | Shiplake | gh3 l pre-construction

A site plan application has also been filed for this all rental residential and retail tower.

UT

UT

Old Posted Oct 18, 2022, 12:25 AM
Ridin' into the sunset

191 College is a huge bummer. If they got rid of the tired - and fully unnecessary - pixelated paneling, and just went with the glass curtainwall with black mullions, it would be a very handsome tower that expresses the mass timber structure. I get that might be a tall order for the percentage of affordable housing included (always a good thing), but still doesn't make it any less disappointing.
"Then each time Fleetwood would be not so much overcome by remorse as bedazzled at having been shown the secret backlands of wealth, and how sooner or later it depended on some act of murder, seldom limited to once."

Against the Day, Thomas Pynchon

Old Posted Oct 18, 2022, 12:34 PM

Some North York stuff:

3450 Dufferin Street | 103.4m | 29s | Fitzrovia | IBI Group l u/c

Not sure which towers of this big development are under construction (maybe all 3 given 3 cranes ;-). Rentals and retail in 29, 27, 23 storey towers just south of Hwy 401.

Edward Skira

UT

Azura Condos | 108.2m | 32s | Capital Developments | IBI Group l nearly complete(?)

This one turned out pretty well (except for curving with flat balcony guards... guess the steel benders were on strike). It’s great that the property is set-back from Yonge, so local retailers at grade stay in business.

Edward Skira

AlbertC

Pearl Place | 121m | 34s | Conservatory Group | Richmond Architects l u/c

North York looking tres urban with a mix of neighbourhood shops and condo/office towers ;-).

Edward Skira

Not sure who’s at the steering wheel here since Conservatory Group is in financial limbo (family in-fighting or bankrupt?).

Edward Skira

UT

181 East | 32.31m | 9s | Stafford | IBI Group l u/c

Condo and retail mid-rise on Sheppard Avenue East.

UT

Edward Skira

Nordic Condos | 40.3m | 12s | Collecdev | gh3 l u/c

Mega-footprint for this one on Wilson east of Allen Road and north of Hwy 401. Condos, rentals, office and retail.

Edward Skira

UT

4800 Yonge Street | 168.24m | 49s | Menkes | Arquitectonica l excavation

This mixed-use tower was started by Menkes early in the year before residential sales had begun. The taller podium has office levels so perhaps they secured a tenant(s) and chose to begin(?).

UT

Excavation progress from a week or so ago (*shoring rigs still on site doing unknown things ;-).

Undead

*Shoring rigs from last month.

Northern Light

Old Posted Oct 18, 2022, 1:48 PM

the shoring rigs are likely putting up shoring walls around the Sheppard Subway tracks. There is a connecting track which cuts the corner there I believe for sheppard trains to connect to the Yonge line when doing out of service movements.

Old Posted Oct 18, 2022, 6:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Innsertnamehere View Post
the shoring rigs are likely putting up shoring walls around the Sheppard Subway tracks. There is a connecting track which cuts the corner there I believe for sheppard trains to connect to the Yonge line when doing out of service movements.
Aha! I wondered if it was something like that... thanks!

Old Posted Oct 20, 2022, 2:07 PM

3750 Bathurst Street l ?m l 30s l Grmada Holdings l WZMH l pre-construction

Some very iffy designs lately from WZMH (designers of Scotia Plaza and Royal Bank Plaza back in ancient times), and finally a decent one. 479 residenital units and retail in 30 and 11 storey buildings.

AlbertC

AlbertC

18 Elm Street l 134.1m l 39s l Westerkirk l BDPQ l pre-construction

Another heritage building propping up a tower - 258 residential units with retail. Early drawings:

Northern Light

Northern Light

425 Bloor St W l 97.8m (+ mech) l 30s l GP Inc l IBI l pre-construction

If you’re into brick and arches… 418 residential units with retail.

Northern Light

Northern Light

CIBC SQUARE | 241.39m | 50s | Hines | WilkinsonEyre l Phase 2 u/c

Neat night shot of the site with Union Station glowing behind.

mburrrrr

mburrrrr

685 Lake Shore East | 129.51m x 2 | 35s x 2 | Carlyle Communities | BDP Quadrangle l pre-construction

Formal application submitted yesterday. Some better renderings of this mixed-use with 760 residential units, retail and public space, located east of the Don River in The Portlands.

UT

UT

UT

UT

Grand Central Mimico | ?m | 37s | VANDYK + Metrolinx | Kohn l shoring/excavation

This first phase of the 9 tower T.O.C community in Mimico, (37, 26 and 12 storey mixed-use towers, public space and a GO Transit hub) is finally in action with shoring and digging on part of the large site.

bangkok

The Buckingham (Phase 1)

UT

There is on-going demolition on other parcels so we’ll likely see plans for new phases.

bangkok

UT

UT

The triangular site of the development next to the GO train corridor.

UT

Under construction but already pretty in the evening. On completion this will have LEDs outlining the entire tower profile.

mburrrrr
/
mburrrrr

A good chunk of the classic views of the CN Tower between the TD towers will be lost on completion (the tall roof structure/crown of 160 Front W will at least reach the bottom of the first CN pod from this pov).

BermudaTO37

Bijou on Bloor | 42.1m | 12s | Plaza | BDP Quadrangle l excavation

Ottawan

UT

Queen & Ashbridge | 60.15m | 17s | Context Development | Teeple Architects l u/c

When I look at this huge site… this is for a mid-rise? Then I revisit the plan which reminds me there are 3 buildings @ 17, 16 and 8 storeys.

This condo, rental (including affordable units) and retail project will have forever views to the south, across the large park to bays, inlets and Lake Ontario.

flonicky

UT

Pacific Residences | 28.3m | 8s | Old Stonehenge | Core Architects l site shoring

Rentals, office and retail about 4 blocks north of High Park. Love the articulation, colours and massing … should be a handsome addition to the streetscape.

UT

UT

An older shot of site prep but shoring rigs have finally arrived on site.

AlbertC

The Webley | 33.23m | 8s | Zinc Developments | Cumulus l pre-construction

Another nice mid-rise for Avenue Road. It’s simple but kinda classy ;-). Only 9 (3000 sq ft each?) condos here so be sure to cash in your GIC$.

UT

UT

Humber Bay skyline, downtown in the background.

bangkok

Old Posted Oct 21, 2022, 4:43 PM

Lovin' this AS + GG one... hope they open an office here with everything they have on the go in TO.

645 Yonge Street l 280m l 76s l Kingsett l AS+GG l pre-construction

A wild one from Adrian Smith and Gordon Gill (designers of 160 Front Street West u/c). “High quality” retail (historic retention), a cultural centre and 678 residential units. The entire neighbourhood around Yonge and Bloor is going to be soooo tall. This is more than 23 metres taller than One Bloor East up the street.

679 bicycle spaces, 44 for cars ;-).

UT

Inside the crown of the lower volume facing Yonge Street.

UT

Northern Light

Northern Light

Northern Light

Northern Light

214-230 Sherbourne St l ?m l 47s l KingSett l Hariri Pontarini l pre-construction

The reinvention of Sherbourne Street continues, this one between Dundas East and Shuter Street, with this elegant curvy tower from HPA that treats the lovely heritage building… the way heritage should be treated
(neighbourly not threatening lol ;-).

Another winner (imo) from one of the very best domestic architecture firms and a gift from heaven for this stretch (and sketchy) of Sherbourne. HPA is literally changing the face of Toronto in every direction. 619 residential units, community space and retail.

Northern Light

Northern Light

Northern Light

47 Stadacona | 35.48m | 10s | Richelieu Stadacona | IBI Group l pre-construction

Curving mixed-use mid-rise west of Bathurst and north of Hwy 401.

UT

UT

929 Queen Street East l ?m l 9s l Core l Architecture Unfolded l pre-construction

Rendering is boring… but this could turn out much better than the pic. The simple mix of colours, heights and volumes at grade is a welcome alternative to streetscape-busting, often spandrel-laden podiums. Sorta “Mirvish Village Lite”.

AlbertC

Last edited by Maldive; Oct 21, 2022 at 5:09 PM. Reason: more pics

Old Posted Oct 22, 2022, 12:36 PM

Already forming the first mechanical level after the last big pour.

Benito

You can see an angled mechanical corner being formed… I think these may be supports for angled beams (mech is inset from a typical floor-plate).

Benito

Benito

First cladding soon on the mega-columns with mounts being installed.

Benito

462 Wellington West | 49.61m | 15s | Verve | Giannone Petricone l Approved

Zoning bylaw approval. Seniors and market rate rentals, office and retail.

UT

UT

Sugar Wharf Condominiums (Phase 1) | 231m | 70s | Menkes | a—A l u/c

jackattack

Astro (demolition/retention) at work on the heritage stuff for Phase 2 (299m) in the centre of the photo.

jackattack

D e n s e (need more Scotia Plaza red granite in the city).

Bottom right is the green roof of the POMO Cambridge Suites which will be retained/redeveloped into a 71 storey tower.

AlbertC

Old Posted Oct 22, 2022, 8:53 PM

KING Toronto | 57.6m | 16s | Westbank | Bjarke Ingels Group l u/c

Stefan

Eventual courtyard.

FastidiousHack

Courtyard.

UT

Future walkway from here to The Well (shopping, eating et al). The path will pass under the spot where two “mountains” of glass blocks connect.

FastidiousHack

The walkway will lead to Claude Cormier’s “The Cats” promenade/water feature connecting KINGToronto to Wellington Street and The Well.

UT

55 Mercer | 155.5m | 47s | CentreCourt | IBI Group l u/c

Tower starting to climb, podium looking sharp.

Project End

West Condos | 46.51m | 14s | Aspen Ridge | Core Architects l u/c

Project End

Looking forward to seeing the white maze of balcony frames.

UT

On the north side, a restored heritage building will greet the street.

AlbertC

Waterworks Building Redevelopment | 47.55m | 13s | MOD Developments | Diamond Schmitt l exterior (old & new) complete

ProjectEnd

Inside, work is underway for the expansive food hall.

MOD

BlogTO

Old Posted Oct 23, 2022, 12:12 PM

Smile 645 Yonge Street l 280m

Hi, I love this proposal! I think it shows that developers are upping their game!

I was wondering what is happening with the tower on Yonge just north of the 645 Yonge proposal on the east side of Yonge. I heard the city turned it down, and they were appealing that ruling. Or is that project now dead? I had heard it was rejected, but nothing more. I like the proposal; it's kind of similar to 8 Wellesley. Thanks.

Old Posted Oct 23, 2022, 2:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss J. View Post
Hi, I love this proposal! I think it shows that developers are upping their game!

I was wondering what is happening with the tower on Yonge just north of the 645 Yonge proposal on the east side of Yonge. I heard the city turned it down, and they were appealing that ruling. Or is that project now dead? I had heard it was rejected, but nothing more. I like the proposal; it's kind of similar to 8 Wellesley. Thanks.
Yes the ghost on the left in that one 645 Yonge rendering is 15 Charles East (174 metres).

In June staff recommended opposing 15 Charles East with their usual copy and paste complaints regarding ‘massing, setbacks, shadows blah blah blah…’. It's still possible an agreement could be worked out before it heads to the Ontario Land Tribunal (where it will win lol).

Given its neighbour 645 Yonge ... is more than 100 metres taller… I look forward to the same copy and paste staff report… only the usual complaints will likely be bolded lol.

15 Charles East (174m - 54 storeys)

UT

Old Posted Oct 23, 2022, 3:04 PM

Some magical curtain-wall shots from local lenser mburrrrr.

mburrrrr

mburrrrr

mburrrrr

mburrrrr

mburrrrr

The steelwork is going to get very interesting now as they shape the curving upper floors and crown above the concrete core.

mburrrrr

3D

Via Bloor | 138.37m | 46s | Tridel | a—A l recently completed

This new (and wide) promenade on Howard Street has a ton of potential… hoping for some interesting restauranteurs instead of dry cleaners, nail salons and fast food ;-). It’s pretty close to Rosedale so there’s bound to be some $$ to be spent on fine dining.

Rascacielo

From the north-east front door looking east along Bloor over the Rosedale Ravine.

Northern Light

The Danforth is a short jog away across the Bloor Street Viaduct.

AlbertC

The 2 towers left of centre in the photo. The Rosedale on Bloor u/c (now minus its crane), is right of centre.

AlbertC

Never tire of the photos of the Cherry Street North twin bridges. The silos on the right have an exciting future if early adaptive re-use plans from Schmidt Hammer Lassen Architects are realized for Quayside.

hawc

The silos with glass at grade hint at programming and TBA uses inside.

UT

UT

Last edited by Maldive; Oct 23, 2022 at 7:42 PM.

Old Posted Oct 23, 2022, 5:21 PM

Smile 15 Charles Street E

LOL! Thanks, Maldive. The Province is talking about speeding up construction in Ontario of housing, altering bylaws, and removing obstacles and opposition that delay many projects. I think the focus is more on the 70% of Toronto, for example, that doesn't allow mid or high-rise density and allow more units to be built there. But mainly for new low-rise type housing.

I'm hoping this will also help speed up skyscraper and high-rise construction in downtown and other high-density parts of the city, too, like mid-town. But I'm not sure if that's the case. I would love to see high-rise towers get approved faster and the process streamlined, but from what I've read so far, they haven't really mentioned that I don't think. Maybe when the Province officially announces the plan, they'll give more details and hopefully include high-density developments and speeding those up, too.

Old Posted Oct 24, 2022, 5:49 PM

Lots of Yorkville area action (with 1 exception* ;-).... all courtesy of UT forum member with a view, Benito

11 YV | 215.11m | 63s | Metropia | Sweeny &Co l u/c

Benito

UT

Eight Cumberland | 170m | 51s | Great Gulf | a—A l u/c

Must be topped out since it’s almost covering 1 Yorkville from this angle. 1 Yorkville is 7 storeys (@183m) taller than Eight Cumberland.

Benito

55C: 55 Charles Condos | 167m | 50s | MOD Developments | a—A l u/c

Stuffed in there but getting taller. Nice glazing.

Benito

UT

The Pemberton | 215.79m | 68s | Pemberton | a—A l still moving dirt around (snore)

*The sound of crickets again after months of pushing dirt around… and recently moving an enormous dirt construction ramp from the middle of the site... to the corner of the site.

Pemberton has played a lot of jokes on the city (most of their builds) but this ain’t funny anymore … just endlessly boring.

Benito

Can’t even imagine 94 storeys from this angle when 16 storeys looks like this (even the presently approved 85 storeys would be nuts).

rbm

Benito

Benito

Old Posted Oct 25, 2022, 4:48 PM

The just announced AS+GG-designed 280 metre tower at 645 Yonge is the tallest pink tower left of centre in steveve’s future model.

steveve

^ in addition to what’s already built, there are more than a dozen u/c, approved and proposed 200 metres+ towers in that neighbourhood rendering above.

645 Yonge is right of centre in this rendering looking north-east up Yonge Street.

steveve

645 Yonge by AS+GG

UT

Not a proposal but not technically under construction yet (site shoring)... so I'll drop this here anyway:

Galleria III | 111.5m | 31s | Almadev | Hariri Pontarini l site shoring

At long last, shoring underway for the flat-iron jewel in the Galleria Redevelopment crown (Phase 3).

ProjectEnd

UT

UT

19 Duncan | 186.53m | 58s | Westbank | Hariri Pontarini l u/c

Some nice night shots of the tower u/c.

jackattack

jackattack

Centre of the photo is 160 Front West u/c with 19 Duncan u/c to the right.

Rascacielo

On the right exhibiting some great reflections.

limer

A new TD Bank playing peek-a-boo from behind the (much older) classic, the Toronto Dominion Centre.

limer

Undead

St Lawrence Market North | 25.3m | 5s | City of Toronto | Rogers Stirk Harbour l u/c

mburrrrr

mburrrrr

Nestled up to historic St. Lawrence Hall, which will seen from the interior of the new market courtesy of the windows and atrium facing north.

Rascacielo

ML555

Benito

Garden District Condos | 99.97m | 32s | Hyde Park | a—A l u/c

Benito

I believe the entire at grade ‘heritage’ street-wall along Shuter Street is being recreated/rebuilt from scratch (possibly with original materials, if they catalogued the bricks properly ;-).

The heritage structures were almost completely destroyed by fire(s?).

PMT

Hyatt Place / The 203 Residences on Jarvis | 108.2m | 32s | Manga | IBI Group l u/c

Benito

UT

The Residences at Central Park | 105.9m | 31s | Amexon | Core Architects l pre-construction

The model for this condo, office, retail and public space 12-acre master-planned community on Sheppard Avenue west of Leslie. Located next to a subway station and GO Transit.

UT

Closer look at the somewhat unoriginal, but perhaps appropriate given the setting, leafy swirls (presumably white fritted glass ?) on the balcony glass of one of the towers.

UT

UT

5 Fairview Mall Drive l 134.4 m l 36s l Northwest Healthcare l WZMH l pre-construction

Good to see another parking lot bite the dust in favour of a nice landscape plan and two ok mixed-use towers (36 and 31 storeys) near transit in Don Mills.

Northern Light

Northern Light

Vaughan

Transit City Condos: TC4 & TC5 | 174.34m | 50s | SmartCentres | Diamond Schmitt l u/c

Really nice materials execution here with curved glass and white brick.

ryanbruins17

Tuscani01

ryanbruins17

ryanbruins17

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations