HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > General Development

Closed Thread

Old Posted Oct 7, 2022, 3:29 PM

"Change Is Afoot": Home Buyers "Shocked" By Rates, Sellers Lament Price Plunges

Quote:
Though I’ve watched the Philadelphia housing market mirror national trends by slowing from a sprint to a trot to a crawl over the course of the last six months, nothing could have prepared me for the suddenness of this most recent shift. Within the last two weeks, even real estate professionals who have been hysterically waving the “it’s deceleration, not depreciation” flag have started to change their tune. With what we’re seeing on the ground, the old narratives just aren’t holding up without an intolerable degree of cognitive dissonance.
Unsurprising, but interesting none the less.

Old Posted Oct 7, 2022, 3:53 PM
Philly Rising Up!

They are cheerleaders in their craft until real economics set in.

Old Posted Oct 7, 2022, 4:27 PM

God this makes me so happy. I hate this lot with a passion. Sucks to lose the cool mural but that parking lot looks like it was hit by meteors.

http://www.rising.realestate/50-unit...r-palmer-park/

Old Posted Oct 7, 2022, 4:56 PM
Chris

Interesting trend we all know about. Two points that stood out...

Are there really office buildings "sitting empty" in Philadelphia?

Toward the end , the writer mentioned that Philadelphia is in better shape than other big cities, notably NYC, DC, SF. Why can't the Inquirer ever create an article title with a positive or at least neutral tone? A small change like that may help lessen the Negadelphian attitude over time.

Empty offices could cause ‘fiscal doom loop’ in Philly and other big cities
https://www.inquirer.com/news/office...-20221007.html

Old Posted Oct 7, 2022, 5:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CleetMcDougle View Post
God this makes me so happy. I hate this lot with a passion. Sucks to lose the cool mural but that parking lot looks like it was hit by meteors.

This lot bothered me so much when I lived in Fishtown. It's right next to Palmer Park, near the El station and so much else. Filling this gaping hole in Frankford Ave will be very impactful.

Old Posted Oct 7, 2022, 5:52 PM

New band name: Fiscal Doom Loop

Old Posted Oct 7, 2022, 5:58 PM

Quote:

Nice! Was just walking by that lot the other day going “wow I’m surprised nobody’s built anything there yet, prime spot.”

Old Posted Oct 7, 2022, 6:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TempleGuy1000 View Post
Yeah... prices are at an all-time high and now interest rates are going up. It's no surprise there would be a slow down in the market. Good thing is, Philadelphia is faring pretty well when compared to a lot of other regions at the moment.

Old Posted Oct 7, 2022, 6:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by reparcsyks View Post
Hahaha, amazing. I would pay to see them live.

Old Posted Oct 7, 2022, 6:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PHLtoNYC View Post
Interesting trend we all know about. Two points that stood out...

Are there really office buildings "sitting empty" in Philadelphia?

Toward the end , the writer mentioned that Philadelphia is in better shape than other big cities, notably NYC, DC, SF. Why can't the Inquirer ever create an article title with a positive or at least neutral tone? A small change like that may help lessen the Negadelphian attitude over time.

Empty offices could cause ‘fiscal doom loop’ in Philly and other big cities
https://www.inquirer.com/news/office...-20221007.html
The Inquirer is getting to be almost unbearable at this point. I'm about to cancel my membership.

Between the constant far left progressive articles, and these constant jabs at the city of Philadelphia...let's paint Philadelphia in the most negative light possible no matter what the news is.... no covering new developments thoroughly, etc....

The article reads like empty office space is something EVERYWHERE is dealing with, other cities and suburbs a like.... but the heading is once again doom and gloom, the sky is falling, Philadelphia is facing impending apocalypse, everyone run and scream for the suburbs.

The editor acts like he just woke up this morning, learned there was a pandemic, and everyone is now working from home and this is the first time anybody is hearing about empty offices. Dude... we've been hearing about this for over two years now. This topic has not only been beaten to death but it's been taken to the mortuary and cremated at this point and it's ashes have been spread across the Atlantic. Move on.

When in reality, once again, Philadelpha is faring better than most cities and regions due to it's lack of jobs and office space in the city limits BEFORE the pandemic. Philadelphia will be fine. It'll changea and evolve with the times as it always does.

Old Posted Oct 7, 2022, 6:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by summersm343 View Post
Hahaha, amazing. I would pay to see them live.
On a continuous loop.

Old Posted Oct 7, 2022, 6:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by summersm343 View Post
The Inquirer is getting to be almost unbearable at this point. I'm about to cancel my membership.

Between the constant far left progressive articles, and these constant jabs at the city of Philadelphia...let's paint Philadelphia in the most negative light possible no matter what the news is.... no covering new developments thoroughly, etc....

The article reads like empty office space is something EVERYWHERE is dealing with, other cities and suburbs a like.... but the heading is once again doom and gloom, the sky is falling, Philadelphia is facing impending apocalypse, everyone run and scream for the suburbs.

The editor acts like he just woke up this morning, learned there was a pandemic, and everyone is now working from home and this is the first time anybody is hearing about empty offices. Dude... we've been hearing about this for over two years now. This topic has not only been beaten to dead, but it's been taken to the mortuary and cremated at this point.

When in reality, once again, Philadelpha is faring better than most cities and regions due to it's lack of jobs and office space in the city limits BEFORE the pandemic. Philadelphia will be fine. It'll changea and evolve with the times as it always does.
Why haven't you already? They've given me no reason to pay them for their product for at least half a decade now.

Old Posted Oct 7, 2022, 6:45 PM

Quote:

Love it! I think about what will go here everytime I walk by it. Perfect location to continue the insanely awesome upward trajectory of Frankford Avenue, Fishtown and all of the surrounding neighborhoods.

Old Posted Oct 7, 2022, 7:01 PM
Chris

Quote:

Since the article mentions a retail component, this would be a good spot for another Giant Heirloom or smaller format grocer.

Old Posted Oct 7, 2022, 7:33 PM

Quote:
Since the article mentions a retail component, this would be a good spot for another Giant Heirloom or smaller format grocer.
This lot is SCREAMING for a Trader Joe's to be honest

Old Posted Oct 8, 2022, 2:34 AM
Tony V / ValuezTV

Quote:
Not much info, but the Market-Frankford line is of particular concern in the plan...

SEPTA's new security plan makes tackling homelessness a major priority

https://www.bizjournals.com/philadel...Pos=4#cxrecs_s
Quote:
The Market-Frankford elevated train line is of particular concern, with SEPTA saying the number of vulnerable people on the train has increased “exponentially” since 2020. Fifty-four percent of reported customer concerns came from the 13th and 15th Street stations in Center City, SEPTA noted.
They can't be serious, of course 54% reported that 13th & 15th St Stations have issues, Majority of the stations and cars on the EL have QOL issues, for them to focus on the complaints of two center city stops when the whole system is having issues is really asinine.

I don't know what the issue is and we have gone over this recently, but can we please just get some enforcement of our laws, it sounds mean but the EL is not a house, the stations are not a house, the SIDEWALK is not a house, get these people help, and if they don't want it they cannot loiter, panhandle or shoot up drugs in these public areas.

Enforce the laws, from street to subway.

Old Posted Oct 8, 2022, 2:45 AM

Quote:
Good call. They would clean up here.

Old Posted Oct 8, 2022, 3:07 AM
Show me the blueprints

Quote:
Originally Posted by reparcsyks View Post
Touring with Sonic Death Monkey

There is no goodness in him, and his power to convince people otherwise is beyond understanding

Old Posted Oct 8, 2022, 4:54 AM

Quote:
From your lips to gods ears.

Old Posted Oct 8, 2022, 2:12 PM
Chris

Vesper Day Club meets the wrecking ball after a decade of boozy pool parties in Northern Liberties

https://www.inquirer.com/real-estate...-20221007.html

The city issued demolition permits in July to prominent developer Ori Feibush, whose firm acquired the two parcels that made up the venue earlier this year, according to public records. OCF Realty has submitted plans to build 36 single-family residential units replete with parking and roof decks on the site of the storied swim club. Construction is expected to break ground before the year’s end.

Vesper ownership could not immediately be reached for comment. According to the swim club’s website, however, the club is relocating for summer 2023.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Closed Thread

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > General Development