HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations

Old Posted May 11, 2016, 4:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by StethJeff View Post
Do yourself a favor and just stop.
Seth,
why the hostility? I don't get it.

Old Posted May 11, 2016, 5:07 AM

Old Posted May 11, 2016, 5:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilcal View Post
Seth,
why the hostility? I don't get it.
I think Seth, like others, are spotting obvious flame bating/sarcastic comments and getting tired of it. Especially since some of us are getting hounded by the mods, while others skirt by with their snarky comments without even a wave of a finger in their face.

That being said, I was downtown today. The cranes, The Cranes ! THE CRANES ! its like the city is being completely rebuilt after some crazy Hollywood type disaster.

Seeing how Hollywood has destroyed Downtown in almost every way possible, I'm sure they're salivating at all the new additions coming online. Cant wait for the Wilshire Grand, Metropolis and others to make their film debut in the next disaster flicks HAHA.

If I remember correctly, Onnis "The Level" (or 888 olive) made her film debut in San Andreas. Swaying so elegantly haha.

Last edited by caligrad; May 11, 2016 at 6:32 AM.

Old Posted May 11, 2016, 5:29 AM

I'll be waiting with bated breath for "4.0" where the glass slide falls off of Library Tower. Hopefully Summer 2017.

Old Posted May 11, 2016, 5:55 AM

^^^ LMFAO!

You read my mind, I was going to say that but I figured you would see where I was going with it and would chime in .

I swear somebody needs to add like and dislike buttons on these posts.

Last edited by caligrad; May 11, 2016 at 6:30 AM.

Old Posted May 11, 2016, 6:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LosAngelesSportsFan View Post
Yup, heres the article

http://www.labusinessjournal.com/new...n-los-angeles/

I know a building owner downtown that owns multiple large properties and he told me this was a done deal last week. Looks like the Broadway transformation will get into full gear ASAP
Anyone else considering the homeless and mentally ill camped outside of this new Apple space?

Old Posted May 11, 2016, 7:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LosAngelesSportsFan View Post
I know a building owner downtown that owns multiple large properties and he told me this was a done deal last week. Looks like the Broadway transformation will get into full gear ASAP

Brigham yen last yr mentioned about hearing rumors to that effect, which I thought were too fanciful to be plausible. Prior to that there had also been talk about apple getting involved with the large renovation proj of the former may co bldg further south on broadway.

I'm getting so spoiled by all the good news....by all the new devlpt.....that now if a day goes by without hearing something new & exciting taking place in dtla, it seems like a big lull in the pace of change.

But there has been talk for quite awhile about groundbreaking finally occurring in April on the apt proj at 5th & olive....one of the biggest gaps in dt that has long bothered me....& start of work on the apt tower at the corner of 4th & hill st. That's very important if only cuz it means that the tatty little taco house bldg on Hill st will have to be torn down & that grand central mkt will finally have a nice neighbor to its south.

then there's the apt tower proposed for 4th & broadway. Of course, waiting in the wings...& long overdue...is the grand ave proj controlled by the related cos up on bunker hill. Disney Hall has long deserved something nice across the major street from it.

Old Posted May 11, 2016, 11:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by caligrad View Post
I think Seth, like others, are spotting obvious flame bating/sarcastic comments and getting tired of it. Especially since some of us are getting hounded by the mods, while others skirt by with their snarky comments without even a wave of a finger in their face.
I admit, I reacted to a sarcastic comment with a sarcastic comment. Don't mean to rub anyone the wrong way, I'll refrain from taking the bait next time.

Old Posted May 11, 2016, 3:41 PM

Giannini Place now being NoMad LA

As many are already aware, the former office building is becoming a 241-key lifestyle hotel. Redesign by Killefer Flammang.

Old Posted May 11, 2016, 4:02 PM
Ridin' into the sunset

Anyone on the ground in downtown able to see the parapet glass going up on Metropolis Tower 2? From the web cam, it appears to be a darker color, but that may just be the angle of the camera.
"Then each time Fleetwood would be not so much overcome by remorse as bedazzled at having been shown the secret backlands of wealth, and how sooner or later it depended on some act of murder, seldom limited to once."

Against the Day, Thomas Pynchon

Old Posted May 11, 2016, 4:50 PM

[QUOTE=LosAngelesSportsFan;7437405]Yup, heres the article

When looking at this article I found this one in the same publication. Although this does concern an area of the city "very" outside of downtown it is interesting nevertheless. So please read.

http://www.labusinessjournal.com/new...rises/?page=1&

Old Posted May 11, 2016, 5:57 PM

Guess it wasn't about Palmer's horrible architecture after all...

http://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/l...nap-story.html

Old Posted May 11, 2016, 6:05 PM

GCM to open till 10 every night with market wide happy hour! Moruno (from the farmer's market) opening June. Awesome news.

http://www.latimes.com/food/dailydis...nap-story.html

Old Posted May 11, 2016, 6:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChelseaFC View Post
Guess it wasn't about Palmer's horrible architecture after all...

http://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/l...nap-story.html
To be fair, this article didn't say exactly why he burned down that project. All it does is report was that a roommate of the arsonist reported that the arsonist was mad at cops for treatment of blacks.

There's still some time for him to explain why he chose that project.

Old Posted May 11, 2016, 7:11 PM

Quote:
Anyone else considering the homeless and mentally ill camped outside of this new Apple space?
It's going to be a party!

The more I investigate this silly story the more I admire the one who planted it. Retail has been slow to lease in the area (though there are a few tenants still looking for space on Broadway south of 7th - Foot Locker, Nike Outlet, Guess Outlet), so what do you do?

Plant a story with the biggest click-bait you can find. Historic Theatre, Apple, DTLA. Tenants will be calling the downtown brokers within 24 hours asking if its happening - and what their options are for nearby spaces.

Make sure the article primes potential tenants by saying things like 'Part of the splash would be to push up the surrounding rents, which currently range from $1.50 to $4.50 a square foot, depending on the block.

“When it becomes fully known, the pricing is going to skyrocket,” said Kadosh.'

I love it. If I were an agent tasked with leasing on Broadway this is exactly the kind of game I'd be playing.

Tower Theater disrepair (East Clock) by Hunter, on Flickr

Old Posted May 11, 2016, 7:40 PM

Not specifically about DTLA persae, but it does show the success of a DTLA original restaurant Eggslut, which is making its first expansions into Vegas and Venice
http://www.reviewjournal.com/neon/ea...tan-next-month

Old Posted May 11, 2016, 8:13 PM
life is good

I don't follow Denizen.. Whole Foods is 3 blocks away and several new pricey high rises are as well. Hardly a retail no man's land.

Great news about GCM!

Old Posted May 11, 2016, 8:44 PM

Quote:
Naw man its perfect. They'll be hired to stand in line whenever the next iphone comes out.

Old Posted May 11, 2016, 8:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eightball View Post
I don't follow Denizen.. Whole Foods is 3 blocks away and several new pricey high rises are as well. Hardly a retail no man's land.

Great news about GCM!
Yeah, well it's just classic Hunter. Remember how according to him Acne and Urban Outfitters were supposed to close months ago. As well as probably everything else. He's such a Debbie Downer and often so flat out wrong it's just not even worth reading his posts. He should just stick to pictures as he keeps claiming he will and then…

Old Posted May 11, 2016, 9:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThomJames View Post
Yeah, well it's just classic Hunter. Remember how according to him Acne and Urban Outfitters were supposed to close months ago. As well as probably everything else. He's such a Debbie Downer and often so flat out wrong it's just not even worth reading his posts. He should just stick to pictures as he keeps claiming he will and then…
To correct the record I never put a date on Acnes closing. I simply said I heard they will be. And I never said Urban was closing - just that they're doing very poorly.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations