HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Photography Forums > My City Photos

Old Posted Dec 14, 2023, 3:55 AM
Hong Kong

839. Aberdeen's typhoon shelter is turning increasingly upscale. Once full of fishing vessels, there are now a lot more yachts and luxury buildings popping up to savour the views.

More photos on my website : Drone Above HK Gallery

Old Posted Dec 17, 2023, 5:21 AM
Hong Kong

851. Wong Chuk Hang on Hong Kong Island's southern coast is slowly shedding away its industrial past into a cheaper alternative office district.

Old Posted Dec 20, 2023, 7:08 AM
Hong Kong

861. The southern district is traditionally a wealthy area with houses overlooking various bays and the South China Sea.

More photos on my website : https://globalphotos.org/hk-droneflight.htm

Old Posted Dec 20, 2023, 10:54 PM
Great White Norf

Thanks for the HK updates. One of the first cities (besides NY, Chicago, Toronto) that made me interested in tall buildings/skyscrapers

Old Posted Dec 21, 2023, 6:45 AM
Hong Kong

878. Wah Fu Estate has been on the news sporadically over the years as being ripe for redevelopment. The shovels are starting to appear on the ground and there is some activity happening. Who knows if a train line will ever make it to here though?

Old Posted Jan 3, 2024, 12:59 AM
Hong Kong

891. The seaside private estate Grand Victoria looks set for opening. This portion of coastline has never been a desirable location, being next to shipyards and waste handling facilities and plenty of public housing next door. Nevertheless, they have skyline and harbour views and many paid top dollar back when the market was hot a few years ago.

Old Posted Jan 11, 2024, 2:10 AM
Hong Kong

901. Despite featuring high on the wrong side of housing affordability surveys and a perception the city needs to be dense due to a lack of land, there are still many lowrise villages dotted around the city. The government doesn't want to frame this as a bad land management issue but instead prefers to keep prices "stable" or high so they can sell their inventory to developers at good prices. That in turn keeps our income taxes low, and we also don't have any sales or capital gain taxes. Here is one such village in the hills between Kwun Tong and Tseung Kwan O.

Old Posted Jan 29, 2024, 4:06 AM
Hong Kong

908. The Kwun Tong Ferry Pier is being redeveloped into office towers with an improved public space and transport interchange. Historically, the ferry connections out of here have been weak as now there are MTR connections and a cross-harbour tunnel nearby.

Old Posted Feb 16, 2024, 12:40 PM
Hong Kong

918. The area behind Happy Valley is just a stone's throw from the busy city, but yet is lowrise and quiet. An obvious choice for the city's rich, the lucky ones up along the hillsides can enjoy fireworks from the comfort of their windows.

Old Posted Feb 23, 2024, 2:53 PM
Hong Kong

933. Hopewell's new tower has been several decades in the making and is almost done. Its look screams the original's 1980s design and shares similar height in Wanchai's back-end. Let's see how much more traffic this hotel will bring to the area. The main roads fronting its sea level and hillside entrances are both 2-lane roads only.

Old Posted Feb 25, 2024, 4:21 PM
Hong Kong

944. The Western district is slowly being gentrified and gaining attention from expats. There are a lot of small shops and restaurants and it's got a good mix of a local and foreign vibe.

Old Posted Mar 16, 2024, 2:37 AM
Hong Kong

951. The Chinese University of Hong Kong occupies the hillsides overlooking Tolo Harbour, a beautiful setting but it's a long uphill walk from the train station to the main buildings.

Old Posted Mar 16, 2024, 2:37 AM
Hong Kong

958. The Science Park are remains disconnected with the city although it enjoys a beautiful seaside location. There is still some housing construction happening although it's on the other side of the highway just across from the main cluster.

Old Posted Mar 16, 2024, 8:55 PM
cle/west village/shaolin

nice to see — i was especially wondering about the old kai tak airport site and you covered it.

Old Posted Mar 28, 2024, 1:24 PM
Hong Kong

977. The area around Cha Kwo Ling will see a lot of change in the coming years. There is a river revitalization project happening and a new waterfront park has opened with an upstairs deck that has skyline views.

Old Posted Mar 28, 2024, 1:25 PM
Hong Kong

985. Hung Shui Kiu is a new planned community in the northwest New Territories that will be home to 226,000 residents. It is slated to get a new train station on the Tuen Ma Line and part of the Northern Metropolis that aims to further integrate with Shenzhen across the border. Development will take place over 2 phases with most of the land being developed in the second phase, slated for completion by 2030.

Old Posted Apr 8, 2024, 12:47 PM
Hong Kong

1001. The area around Kam Sheung Road station near Yuen Long is a huge construction site with the towers now rising visibly, a huge contrast to the houses and hills nearby.

Old Posted Apr 12, 2024, 2:31 PM
Hong Kong

1013. The suburb of Yuen Long is relatively flat and there are lots of lowrise village houses, while highrises pop up around the train stations. There is plenty of land to redevelop and house a whole lot more people.

Old Posted Apr 16, 2024, 4:43 AM
Hong Kong

1026. The former Anderson Road quarry is being transformed into a new residential area. Perched above East Kowloon on a hillside, it enjoys beautiful harbour views but most of the land will be public housing, with long escalators and elevators to take residents downhill to more established parts of the city. Initially, the government wanted a higher private housing mix, but in the end gave up, leaving the developer that had paid good money for their site up in arms.

Old Posted Apr 16, 2024, 1:32 PM
B!tchslapping Since 1998

Booming and booming!

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Photography Forums > My City Photos