HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > General Development

Closed Thread

Old Posted Oct 27, 2022, 8:17 PM

Based on some reports I’ve been hearing (unknown contractors working a little too close to 16th Street Junction), I believe that work has started on the rehabilitation of 2700 North Broad! I also swore I saw a net over the back of the building while taking my afternoon train home.

Temple University '18 ']['

Old Posted Oct 27, 2022, 8:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhilliesPhan View Post
Based on some reports I’ve been hearing (unknown contractors working a little too close to 16th Street Junction), I believe that work has started on the rehabilitation of 2700 North Broad! I also swore I saw a net over the back of the building while taking my afternoon train home.
I hope so! I've admired that building for so many years. It's like the Divine Lorraine of the area in terms of potential.

Old Posted Oct 28, 2022, 12:09 AM
Tony V / ValuezTV

Wow thats a good project, should have some height at least equivalent to the Met, but it will do good for the area, hopefully the gas station next door will go soon.

Also what's funny is the sea of SFH in the backdrop. Luckily they are good for the people.

EDIT: I also renege on my above statement, the height is taller then the buildings across the street.

Old Posted Oct 28, 2022, 12:13 AM
Tony V / ValuezTV

Quote:
2700 Broad and the "Boner building" at Broad and Erie will really help those areas when they are finishing being rejuvenated.

I think the City should also look into Funding beautification programs for those corridors including Germantown Ave for the Small Businesses owned by many Black and Brown People.

Old Posted Oct 28, 2022, 3:21 AM

RACP Grants Info

https://www.budget.pa.gov/Programs/R...in%20Page.aspx

Not sure if anyone else saw this but the Redevelopment Assistance Capital Program (RACP) through the State announced their grant recipients today. At the link above, you can download an excel listing of all the projects throughout the state. You can scroll down to Philadelphia and not only see projects that were awarded money but also projects that applied and did not receive any grant funding. Might provide some info on projects that haven't been reported on much yet.

Old Posted Oct 28, 2022, 3:31 AM
Tony V / ValuezTV

City Hall Façade and Tower Lighting

Quote:
$4,262,380
Quote:
Nothing Awarded
Quote:
CCD proposes using RACP funds to reconstruct the lighting system by replacing all fixtures and related components, upgrading from metal halide lighting to efficient color-changing LED technology, as well as constructing a new network of program controls that allow remote access to program color coordination and changes. The work will include a significant improvement of lighting levels with reduced energy consumption and the addition of graze lighting of street-level portions of the building not currently illuminated.
This one is funny to me because they spent how much on those N Broad Light Sticks?

Quote:
The capital cost of the light fixtures and landscaping was about $8.7 million, but the entire project, including community outreach, came to a grand total of $12 million, Bumb said. The funding for this project came from a combination of money from both the state and the city.
Oh...

WOAHH Septa is sitting on that land across the street from FTC?!?!?!

Quote:
Frankford Transporation Center - Transit Oriented Development
Quote:
$3,500,000
Quote:
Nothing Awarded
Quote:
The FTC TOD project will consist of a mixed-use development, anchored by a supermarket, a municipal health center and mixed income housing. The site includes the parcels located at 5129-35 Frankford Ave, 5119 Frankford Ave, and 5113-17 Frankford Ave. Additionally, SEPTA has expressed interest in including some of their parcels in a future TOD project.The funds will be used towards the construction of the project.
This Project would activate Frankford Ave on a Different level, that area is pretty solid when it comes to businesses, and people so it can definitely thrive and help the neighborhood.

Frankford is definitely a calmer hood then most, but it still has its ills

Old Posted Oct 28, 2022, 6:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthCentralPA View Post
https://www.budget.pa.gov/Programs/R...in%20Page.aspx

Not sure if anyone else saw this but the Redevelopment Assistance Capital Program (RACP) through the State announced their grant recipients today. At the link above, you can download an excel listing of all the projects throughout the state. You can scroll down to Philadelphia and not only see projects that were awarded money but also projects that applied and did not receive any grant funding. Might provide some info on projects that haven't been reported on much yet.
For me, the best thing on here is a grant awarded for the renovation of the Troc back into a contemporary venue! I hadn't heard anything about it finally coming back.

Old Posted Oct 28, 2022, 1:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PurpleWhiteOut View Post
For me, the best thing on here is a grant awarded for the renovation of the Troc back into a contemporary venue! I hadn't heard anything about it finally coming back.
That had me excited as well! I was disappointed that Germantown City Hall and the Richmond Generating Station redevelopment didn't receive money, however.

I also couldn't help but laugh at the fact that both 1100 Walnut and 2000 Arch made the list.

Temple University '18 ']['

Old Posted Oct 28, 2022, 2:13 PM
Chris

What do people think on how this turned out?

A Shift to Short-term for Nearly Finished Project at Broad & Bainbridge
https://www.ocfrealty.com/naked-phil...#disqus_thread

I tried to add pictures, but I need another tutorial on how to share pics that aren't links.

Old Posted Oct 28, 2022, 2:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PHLtoNYC View Post

I tried to add pictures, but I need another tutorial on how to share pics that aren't links.
I walk by this almost every day and I think it looks fine. Obviously a huge improvement over what was there. I like that there will be retail on the street too because that section of Broad Street is still not great for retail options.

Old Posted Oct 28, 2022, 3:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PHLtoNYC View Post

Better than most contemporary-looking projects, but still leaves a lot to be desired both aesthetically and height wise.

Old Posted Oct 28, 2022, 3:50 PM
Midrise

Quote:
There are no current permits and the last ones issued were for 'make safe' work only. A couple of fresh fire code violations is all I see.

https://atlas.phila.gov/2700%20N%20BROAD%20ST/li

Violation number: VI-2022-080338 - F-901.6.4.2
+
Code
F-901.6.4.2
Type
SUBMISSION OF CERTIFICATIONS
Date
Oct. 20, 2022
Status
OPEN
Violation number: VI-2022-080337 - F-903.5
+
Code
F-903.5
Type
SUPPRESSION SYSTEM TESTING & MAINTENANCE
Date
Oct. 20, 2022
Status
OPEN

Old Posted Oct 31, 2022, 3:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyTone View Post
City Hall Façade and Tower Lighting

This one is funny to me because they spent how much on those N Broad Light Sticks?
City Hall is arguably the most POORLY LIT important building in the entire world? At night, it looks like an ominous, hulking gothic prison. It’s presence looking up South Broad Street is downright eerie, a shadowy specter within which resides a deformed creature.

Old Posted Oct 31, 2022, 6:16 PM
Tony V / ValuezTV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Londonee View Post
City Hall is arguably the most POORLY LIT important building in the entire world? At night, it looks like an ominous, hulking gothic prison. It’s presence looking up South Broad Street is downright eerie, a shadowy specter within which resides a deformed creature.
I actually like the Greenish lights, and ominous look with the yellow clock face, it really gives a downtown city feel.

I think upgrading the lights to LED will really ruin how it looks at night, now the color changing aspect of it is cool, but full bright LEDS will ruin how it looks at night, the current set up is fine, especially the spot lights across the street that point to billy and our Ghoul protecting the city.

Also my favorite view of City Hall is coming up West market toward it, that green glow on it at night is so cool.

Old Posted Oct 31, 2022, 6:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Londonee View Post
Yeah it's embarrassing, especially when it was on full display for the Phillies celebration on Broad St. Look at the difference between the Phillies last week and then Eagles in 2018.

Eagles 2018:

Old Posted Oct 31, 2022, 6:38 PM
Chris

^ Maybe I missed it, but why is City Hall so dark now compared to 2018?

Old Posted Oct 31, 2022, 6:45 PM

Because Philadelphia joined the lights out program and until Nov 15th, the skyline lights are turned off after like 10PM

Edit: actually that's not right on why the spotlights were not on during the recent NLCS championship photos. It was only like 6:30PM. But the lights have been being turned off earlier.

Old Posted Oct 31, 2022, 7:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TempleGuy1000 View Post
Because Philadelphia joined the lights out program and until Nov 15th, the skyline lights are turned off after like 10PM

Edit: actually that's not right on why the spotlights were not on during the recent NLCS championship photos. It was only like 6:30PM. But the lights have been being turned off earlier.
Can we please get rid of the City Hall Window AC units while we are at it??

Old Posted Oct 31, 2022, 7:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysb View Post
Can we please get rid of the City Hall Window AC units while we are at it??
Installing central air in City Hall would be pricey. Could it be justified?

Old Posted Oct 31, 2022, 8:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcgrath618 View Post
Installing central air in City Hall would be pricey. Could it be justified?
Just put the units on the inside windows and use all those window box fans they tried to install in the schools to blow the cool across the way.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Closed Thread

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > General Development