HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada

Old Posted Jan 23, 2020, 3:57 AM
recession proof

^Your migraines could be from eating gluten. I used to get migraines all the time, really awful. Since going gluten free, I've had maybe 4 migraines in 14 months (2 weather related, 2 from not following the diet properly.)

Old Posted Jan 23, 2020, 4:08 AM

Hope that this things can be legalized but need to regularized cause some people wont it for medical purposes but or addiction.

Old Posted Jan 23, 2020, 5:56 PM
Sex Marxist of Notleygrad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Runt View Post
Canucklehead...
Help me out. Where can I get straight CBD gell caps. If they exist?
I get migraines all the time. Took 2 pills but they did have some TCH in them.
Pain was gone but I didn’t like the high.
If someone came up with straight CBD pills they’d put Tylenol and the like out of business.
Yes you can and I highly recommend them. Ironically prior to legalization you could pick them up at any natural health food store because they were non-psychoactive. After legalization? You must be 18/19+ and bought through the legal dispensary system for some reason. (They want the dispensaries to be profitable, I get it even if people aren't getting "high").

The pure CBD capsules tend to be pricey and in demand only because from Day One the boomers who have virtually unlimited money have been clearing out the supplies. Hand to god the truth. Every time I visited a store I'd watch boomer after boomer walk in, ask, be told they were sold out, then sulk and stalk out of there. I would too but knowing how popular cannabis is here? Fugetaboutit...

Here are the most popular ones that I know of. Pricey as all hell at $49.99 for 15 pills but at 20 mg of pure CBD per shot, it should do wonders to reduce your pain and inflammation. Hopefully...

https://www.leafly.ca/cannabis-store...Item=232081025

Btw, I feel for ya. I have severe liver damage partially due to overusing over the counter daily pain relief and partially from a now banned antacid linked to cancer. Cannabis is the least of my worries when it comes to body function.

Old Posted Jan 23, 2020, 5:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FredrickHarris View Post
Hope that this things can be legalized but need to regularized cause some people wont it for medical purposes but or addiction.
https://www.nytimes.com/2020/01/08/n...-cuomo-ny.html

Welcome to the forum. I've read that your governor is going to legalize cannabis by the end of 2020 so also welcome to the TRULY free world! ;-)

Old Posted Jan 23, 2020, 7:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Runt View Post
Canucklehead...
Help me out. Where can I get straight CBD gell caps. If they exist?
I get migraines all the time. Took 2 pills but they did have some TCH in them.
Pain was gone but I didn’t like the high.
If someone came up with straight CBD pills they’d put Tylenol and the like out of business.
I've seen the pure CBD gel caps in most stores here, there's a spray form and an oil form as well. In Alberta you can order it online through the AGLC as well. Not sure about other provinces but I'm sure there is a similar setup.

Old Posted Jan 23, 2020, 8:30 PM

Legality of cannabis worldwide as of Jan 1, 2020

Credit: cannigma.com https://cannigma.com/regulation/cann...und-the-world/

Last edited by canucklehead2; Jan 23, 2020 at 8:32 PM. Reason: Image doesn't load

Old Posted Jan 23, 2020, 8:35 PM

Talking

All images from dist.cannigma.com https://cannigma.com/regulation/cann...und-the-world/

Old Posted Jan 23, 2020, 8:43 PM

Another interesting stat that I no doubt believe to be true, Canadians are the highest per capita regular users at 32.7% of adult Canadians partaking at least once in 2016 according to the UN Office on Drugs and Crime. http://www.unodc.org/unodc/index.html
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Annual...use_by_country

And for adult lifetime use? #2 only to the USA...
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Adult_...use_by_country

Old Posted Jan 24, 2020, 6:15 AM

I am happy about legalization. Even though I don't use it very often I still think it was the best thing to do.

One thing I noticed is the packaging they use for cannabis is kind of wasteful. I bought one gram and it came in a big bulky plastic container. Seemed like it was a bit of over kill on the packaging. A little baggie would be much better. I bought a prerolled joint and it also came in too much packaging.

I hope they legalize shrooms soon.

Old Posted Jan 24, 2020, 8:25 AM
be nice to the crackheads

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luisito View Post
I am happy about legalization. Even though I don't use it very often I still think it was the best thing to do.

One thing I noticed is the packaging they use for cannabis is kind of wasteful. I bought one gram and it came in a big bulky plastic container. Seemed like it was a bit of over kill on the packaging. A little baggie would be much better. I bought a prerolled joint and it also came in too much packaging.

I'd wager mushrooms containing psilocybin, and MDMA will mostly likely see some kind of legalization before 2030. Both are in the testing phase, and have had great result with people suffering from PTSD and depression.

Old Posted Feb 9, 2020, 11:28 AM

I have same device for smoking Berkshire CBD oil purchased at https://berkshirecbd.com/shop/.

Last edited by Ricardos; Feb 9, 2020 at 3:35 PM.

Old Posted Feb 9, 2020, 3:30 PM

An exchange in the check-out line at the local NSLC Store (Nova Scotia Liquor Commission).....they have a separate enclosed area to purchase cannabis products in the store and its signed as such.

A customer ahead of me picking up some beer (and with a obvious US accent) asks the clerk

“Cannabis.....is that marijuana?”

“Yes”

“And the Government lets you sell it?

“We are the Government!!”

Old Posted Feb 12, 2020, 7:46 PM

Castlegar BC will become home to Canada's first craft cannabis park.

https://bit.ly/2UJuGtg?fbclid=IwAR2U...j7Tm40OmHQbS50

Old Posted Feb 12, 2020, 7:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luisito View Post

The packaging is ridiculous and it most of it doesn't keep the moisture in. Pretty much every store here has a recycling container in the front. I just throw packaging in with the rest of my recyclables. That being said, I don't see a lot of waste packaging around, so I'm impressed by that part at least.

What I would love to see is to either get rid of the packaging and sell it like the grey market stores (a big jar they measure product out of and baggie it) or come up with a refund exchange system like beverage containers.

Old Posted Feb 16, 2020, 7:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calgarian View Post
The packaging is ridiculous and it most of it doesn't keep the moisture in. Pretty much every store here has a recycling container in the front. I just throw packaging in with the rest of my recyclables. That being said, I don't see a lot of waste packaging around, so I'm impressed by that part at least.

What I would love to see is to either get rid of the packaging and sell it like the grey market stores (a big jar they measure product out of and baggie it) or come up with a refund exchange system like beverage containers.
That's exactly what needs to happen! I have a plastic storage tub filled with empty containers. Luckily there are deposit containers at virtually all stores and some even have a 10% off promo offer for every container your bring in. Hence why I've been keeping mine just in case...

This week's selection?
https://lift.co/cannabis/strains/col...ost-train-haze

Old Posted Feb 20, 2020, 10:01 PM

After burying my grandma this week at the age of 97 and having to deliver the eulogy, needed a little calmative... This grown in Alberta strain is doing the trick rather nicely...

https://lift.co/cannabis/strains/sun...is-berry-bliss

Strawberry Cream is the generic strain name but it`s marketed as Berry Bliss by Sundial. Sometimes the cutesy names are a bit much but at least the product is solid...

Old Posted Mar 8, 2020, 4:14 PM

I recently started smoking cbd flower and I love it. Not too much info on it online but it gives me all the same calming effects as cbd oil withoutn having to wait 1-2 hours to kick in. The site im using to buy my flower is https://organiccbdnugs.com/collections/cbd-hemp-flower

Old Posted Sep 13, 2021, 6:53 PM

The government and the police in Sweden look at cannabis as a hard drug that get's everyone addicted, wonder if we ever see a legalization over here? :-P

But looking on the CBD market over here it's really growing fast, we can buy legal CBD Buds online but we can't smoke it in public. If we do we risk being arrested and harassed.

Old Posted Sep 14, 2021, 12:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calgarian View Post
I've seen the pure CBD gel caps in most stores here, there's a spray form and an oil form as well. In Alberta you can order it online through the AGLC as well. Not sure about other provinces but I'm sure there is a similar setup.
in BC you cab get the gel caps for CBD, THC or a mix of balanced CBD & THC.

My mom has been taking the CBD oil in the droplet form and takes some every day and it has helped immensely. The BC Cannabis stores here in BC are great, much better than the private ones. Prices are decent an dthey have a good selection. Edibles btw are useless, with the cap they put on them they dont get you high at all.

Old Posted Sep 14, 2021, 12:24 AM

CBD was strangely made an 18+ product in Canada even though it doesn't contain ANY ingredient that could make you high. A strange decision to make it seem like an equal product to that of THC which of course it isn't... Having said that, CBD should be made almost universal as an all-purpose anti-inflammatory. It does pretty much all the work of aspirin or Advil without the risk of liver damage...

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada