HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations

Old Posted Dec 10, 2020, 11:02 PM
Everywhere all at once

Will 901 West Peachtree (Cousins) be the tallest thing between the AT&T Tower and 10th Street?

Old Posted Dec 11, 2020, 1:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYC2ATX View Post
Will 901 West Peachtree (Cousins) be the tallest thing between the AT&T Tower and 10th Street?
It might be depending on if it beats out Viewpoint at 501 feet.

Old Posted Dec 11, 2020, 1:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinyslam View Post
It might be depending on if it beats out Viewpoint at 501 feet.
It’s sitting at a much lower elevation than Trilogy I.

Old Posted Dec 11, 2020, 2:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayhem View Post
It’s sitting at a much lower elevation than Trilogy I.
Yup it looks like there is about a 40-50 foot difference in their elevations so it will need to be 550 feet to match Viewpoint. I don't think we have a definite height for this yet though.

Old Posted Dec 11, 2020, 2:31 PM

Speaking of "Trilogy," is there any chance that development will ever live up to its name, or did the later skyhouse parking deck eliminate the option for a 3rd tower?

Old Posted Dec 11, 2020, 2:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiffTheFox View Post
Speaking of "Trilogy," is there any chance that development will ever live up to its name, or did the later skyhouse parking deck eliminate the option for a 3rd tower?
Found a few images here, and it looks like the other two towers would've been at the corners where Skyhouse and the deck with the Ace Hardware are.

Old Posted Dec 11, 2020, 3:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3yonce View Post
Found a few images here, and it looks like the other two towers would've been at the corners where Skyhouse and the deck with the Ace Hardware are.
Wow, this would have been awesome...

Old Posted Dec 11, 2020, 4:40 PM

SCAD > announcement

SCAD Atlanta buys two Midtown towers for significant campus expansion https://bizjournals.com/atlanta/news..._editorschoice via
@AtlBizChron

The John Marshall Law School Building against the Midtown skyline. SCAD bought the building as it continues expanding its Atlanta campus.

Old Posted Dec 11, 2020, 5:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by West Peachtree View Post
Thank you !!!

More progress pictures PLEASE !!!!!

Old Posted Dec 11, 2020, 5:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlantis View Post
SCAD Atlanta buys two Midtown towers for significant campus expansion https://bizjournals.com/atlanta/news..._editorschoice via
@AtlBizChron

The John Marshall Law School Building against the Midtown skyline. SCAD bought the building as it continues expanding its Atlanta campus.
They're really taking over the north end of Midtown! I know they already have other projects on their plate, but I'd love if they did something with that parking deck and address Spring better than it does now. Though seeing the granite outcropping poke through is kinda cool...

Old Posted Dec 11, 2020, 6:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3yonce View Post
Thanks! I remembered seeing a rendering a while back, but couldn't find a copy.

Old Posted Dec 13, 2020, 3:57 PM

Hey all, I post infrequently on here but like to follow along (thanks for all of the info you guys post on here - it’s nice to follow along)

Anyhow, I’ve been wondering what’s going on with the progress at the Campanile building. I drive by that building often yet I never see work being done, any crew or equipment present, and progress seems stalled. I thought I’d read that Dewberry had secured financing. There may be some info buried in one of the threads on here, but I was wondering if anyone here knew what was going on with that project? Is it at risk of stalling out for a while or am I just being impatient?

Similarly, if anyone has heard any updates on plans for the FDA building on Peachtree and 8th - I’d love to hear if there is anything in the works (or even unsubstantiated rumors). My balcony, which is right next door, stares right at the top of that building - so I’m always imagining what could eventually end up there.

All in all, I’m pretty excited about all of the activity all around my place. Most recently, the site currently occupied by the Delta Community Credit Union across the street from the Margaret Mitchell House (and right across from my building) sold...so I’d imagine that’s prime for a large-scale development in the near future.

Last edited by atlvis; Dec 13, 2020 at 4:16 PM.

Old Posted Dec 14, 2020, 3:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by atlvis View Post
Hey all, I post infrequently on here but like to follow along (thanks for all of the info you guys post on here - it’s nice to follow along)

Anyhow, I’ve been wondering what’s going on with the progress at the Campanile building. I drive by that building often yet I never see work being done, any crew or equipment present, and progress seems stalled. I thought I’d read that Dewberry had secured financing. There may be some info buried in one of the threads on here, but I was wondering if anyone here knew what was going on with that project? Is it at risk of stalling out for a while or am I just being impatient?

Similarly, if anyone has heard any updates on plans for the FDA building on Peachtree and 8th - I’d love to hear if there is anything in the works (or even unsubstantiated rumors). My balcony, which is right next door, stares right at the top of that building - so I’m always imagining what could eventually end up there.

All in all, I’m pretty excited about all of the activity all around my place. Most recently, the site currently occupied by the Delta Community Credit Union across the street from the Margaret Mitchell House (and right across from my building) sold...so I’d imagine that’s prime for a large-scale development in the near future.
The Atlanta threads in the Southeast forum are much more active than this one. Check these posts: https://skyscraperpage.com/forum/for...hp?forumid=330

Campanile - stalled. Some dispute between the owners and the contractors, and they're probably also in no rush thanks to COVID.
FDA - I haven't heard anything recently. When vacated I would expect this prime property to be redeveloped into either an office or residential high-rise.
Margaret Mitchell lot - yep, I assume a residential high-rise will be proposed for this site. Nothing released yet!

Old Posted Dec 14, 2020, 5:10 PM

https://www.bizjournals.com/atlanta/...kyscraper.html

An 800,000-square-foot tower that could 'redefine' the downtown Atlanta skyline (Renderings)

Quote:
Quote:
A development group led by real estate fund giant Drapac Capital Partners is reviving plans for a downtown skyscraper, signaling its belief in Atlanta’s trajectory as an expanding Sunbelt tech hub.

The concept: The $450 million tower would rise at 50 Allen Plaza, the capstone site within the planned 9-block development that more than a decade ago revitalized abandoned downtown parking lots with new office and residential buildings and lured companies including Southern Co. and Ernst & Young. (Read more here.) Designed by Duda|Paine Architects, the proposed tower includes an amenity deck, restaurant and bar connected by an exterior elevator to street-level retail. The deck will be accessible to the public. Higher up, a “central park” is geared to office tenants in the post-COVID environment that want the flexibility of outdoor space.

Old Posted Dec 14, 2020, 5:14 PM
Back on the road again

Wow...that would be awesome. My first thought was "tall!" my second thought was "sort of looks like The Sovereign".

Old Posted Dec 14, 2020, 5:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ant131531 View Post
https://www.bizjournals.com/atlanta/...kyscraper.html

An 800,000-square-foot tower that could 'redefine' the downtown Atlanta skyline (Renderings)
This is awesome news!

Old Posted Dec 14, 2020, 6:23 PM

More renderings from WhatnowAtlanta:

https://whatnowatlanta.com/fifty-50-...rapac-capital/

Old Posted Dec 14, 2020, 6:49 PM

I love it
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ant131531 View Post
More renderings from WhatnowAtlanta:

Old Posted Dec 14, 2020, 7:25 PM

If it got built as the renderings depict, they would have spectacular views of the city.

Old Posted Dec 14, 2020, 8:53 PM

[QUOTE=Ant131531;9133356]More renderings from WhatnowAtlanta:

Very nice

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations