HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Atlantic Provinces > Halifax > Halifax Peninsula & Downtown Dartmouth

Old Posted Oct 6, 2022, 8:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoshanMcG View Post

I'm curious... what is "R"?

Old Posted Oct 6, 2022, 9:42 PM

R is a gym..
also why is the crane coming down when concrete work isnt done yet?? wondering if it has anything to do with a lawsuit. based on what ive heard anyways..

Old Posted Oct 6, 2022, 9:57 PM

Thanks!

Old Posted Oct 7, 2022, 8:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pc123 View Post
R is a gym..
also why is the crane coming down when concrete work isnt done yet?? wondering if it has anything to do with a lawsuit. based on what ive heard anyways..
It's not finished. On the right you can see they are still building the other half of the building.

Old Posted Oct 7, 2022, 3:08 PM

but the crane is being taken down today. it also hasn't been used for the last couple months

Old Posted Oct 7, 2022, 3:55 PM

Quote:
but the crane is being taken down today. it also hasn't been used for the last couple months
Yes... I think this crane is one that's related to the lawsuit. If this is it, the news reports suggest the crane belonged to "Optimo Group," but the crane and other assets were purchased by "IFORM Works Inc" (Navid Saberi's company). IFORM is suing the developer for unauthorized use of the crane and other items at the site, saying the equipment was used without consent and without paying rental fees. Back in August, a judge ruled the crane should be returned to IFORM... and the developer sought, and lost, a legal stay of that order. The stay was requested because the developer said it would suffer irreparable harm if the crane left the site mid-construction, but the judge did not agree.

It all seems pretty messy... the developer has argued that it DID pay for the crane because it advanced Optimo money previously, to assist with alleged cash flow problems related to the construction site... eventually, the developer took Optimo to court over failure to perform its duties on-site and held the crane as security. Then, IFORM purchased Optimo and acquired the legal issues...

Old Posted Oct 7, 2022, 5:35 PM

clearly the problem is with i form because they are being sued at a bunch of sites.. including one in dartmouth with same developer.

Old Posted Oct 7, 2022, 8:40 PM

Quote:
clearly the problem is with i form because they are being sued at a bunch of sites.. including one in dartmouth with same developer.
Based on what I’ve heard, seems that the issues on both sites were with Optimo. iForm bought the assets (crane, formwork) and liabilities (lawsuits) of Optimo. Now they seem to be working through the lawsuits to recover their new but tied up assets. United Gulf (Saberi) is bulking up to do the full development start to finish. They recently started the earthworks side and bought the old Heffler Mill on Lucasville Road as a yard. They have lots in the queue so it will be interesting to watch.

Old Posted Oct 8, 2022, 1:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kph06 View Post
United Gulf (Saberi) is bulking up to do the full development start to finish.
I wish they'd bulk up and get off their asses with the Texpark site. What they've (not) done with that site for the last 18 years is an insult to the whole city. It's difficult for me to have any respect for Saberi at this point.

Last edited by Saul Goode; Oct 8, 2022 at 1:40 PM.

Old Posted Oct 8, 2022, 1:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saul Goode View Post
I wish they'd bulk up and get off their asses with the Texpark site. What they've (not) done with that site for the last 18 years is an insult to the whole city. It's difficult for me to have any respect for Saberi at this point.
Well said!

Old Posted Oct 9, 2022, 4:02 PM

Old Posted Dec 2, 2022, 7:28 PM
Cap the Cut!

Old Posted Sep 7, 2023, 1:49 AM

Old Posted Sep 7, 2023, 2:58 PM

Apparently there are only four 2-bedrooms left in this place. Two units for October and two units for November. Saw a Facebook marketplace listing with 2-beds ranging from $2,450 to $2,650.

I'll try and share the link to the posting, not sure if it will work.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Atlantic Provinces > Halifax > Halifax Peninsula & Downtown Dartmouth