HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > Proposals

Old Posted Jun 3, 2022, 10:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan1 View Post
Looks like it will be the largest Target in the city if they move forward. Any clues to the square footage?
That can't possibly be true. There are some big ass Targets around the city. City Line Ave, South Philly, a couple in NE Philly, Bridesburg, etc.

Old Posted Jun 3, 2022, 1:40 PM
Chris

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Duderino View Post
18,750 according to the recent docs. not sure how this compares to other stores in the city
That's comparable to other mini Targets. Most are around ~20k sqft.

Great store to have between 2 massive campuses though. I wish I was this spoiled when I attended Drexel, lol.

Old Posted Oct 7, 2022, 5:25 PM

This entire project depresses me. Of course I don't oppose change, but the International House was such an important landmark in West Philly. It's insane how much West has changed since I was a little kid growing up there. The international house was this cool brutalist building where cool cultural events were held, and now that's going to be replaced with a Target. Targets are useful no doubt, but I think this represents the changes going on in west really well. Almost everything I used to know, businesses I used to frequent now demolished for ugly student apartments, the parking lot of my high school being turned into apartments, etc... Like I said, change isn't bad necessarily, but West Philly's gentrification does make me sad at times. The area is cleaner and safer (relatively), but also less real if that makes sense

Old Posted Oct 7, 2022, 5:42 PM
Chris

^ It's not getting replaced though. Do you mean the addition will lessen the beauty of the building?

Old Posted Oct 8, 2022, 1:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PHLtoNYC View Post
^ It's not getting replaced though. Do you mean the addition will lessen the beauty of the building?
They’re saying they should have used the addition to dd to the cultural fabric of the neighborhood rather than a target that could go anywhere. They’re lamenting that as things change the character of the neighborhood changes as well and feels soulless to them. The target represents that.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > Proposals