HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Atlantic Provinces

Old Posted Jan 17, 2024, 1:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DB_in_Cbus View Post
According to the town newspaper, a new development in Hebbville (which borders Bridgewater on its southern side) proposes 1,412 new residential units (15 apartment buildings, 156 townhouses, and 208 houses). Should it pass, it will be built on the land where William Wile Road butts into Century Drive.

For reference, Hebbville (where I grew up) currently has about 800 residents and has seen no major developments that I can ever remember - two large apartment buildings going up in the 70s (just outside of town limits) would likely be the last ones.

I haven't kept exact track, but that must make at least 5,000 new residential units announced for Bridgewater and immediate surrounding villages over the past couple of years.

Incredible! Bridgewater has a population of about 9000, correct? These developments will increase the town population by over 50%!

Old Posted Jan 19, 2024, 3:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spitfire75 View Post
Incredible! Bridgewater has a population of about 9000, correct? These developments will increase the town population by over 50%!
It is definitely benefiting from Halifax spillover, perhaps more than anywhere else. I'd love to know if Truro and Kentville are seeing similar announcements, because they'd be the most comparable.

Old Posted Mar 1, 2024, 11:37 PM

Seeing on Facebook it looks like there's a massive fire at the Covered Bridge Chip Company in Hartland Saw various pictures in the comments and it looks like the building is a total loss.

Hopefully it's covered by insurance and they can rebuild fast. Never is a good time to have a fire like this, but this time of year might be a better time; since the planting season will be starting soonish they should be rebuilt in time before the harvest comes in.

Old Posted Mar 1, 2024, 11:40 PM
I Rise Again

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taeolas View Post
Seeing on Facebook it looks like there's a massive fire at the Covered Bridge Chip Company in Hartland Saw various pictures in the comments and it looks like the building is a total loss.

Hopefully it's covered by insurance and they can rebuild fast. Never is a good time to have a fire like this, but this time of year might be a better time; since the planting season will be starting soonish they should be rebuilt in time before the harvest comes in.
Wow, that is absolutely terrible! They have a good product too. I wish them the best in rebuilding fast and hope that the families affected fair well.

Old Posted Mar 5, 2024, 1:44 PM

AllNB says there's plans to merge the Town and County Municipality of Antigonish. The combined entity would have a population of 24,000 almost exactly, and unite all non-reserve parts of the county in one municipality. Questions, comments, thoughts, concerns?

I'm not deeply familiar with the area, but merging Mulgrave, St Mary's and Guysborough into a unified Guysborough County would seem like an easier lift. All three combined barely break 7,500 and unlike Antigonish they're shrinking. Maybe Mulgrave would stay independent, like Port Hawkesbury across the strait, which has managed to avoid annexation by Inverness County, remaining the last town on the island.

Old Posted Mar 5, 2024, 1:55 PM
Wildcats Rule!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamuptownsj View Post
AllNB says there's plans to merge the Town and County Municipality of Antigonish. The combined entity would have a population of 24,000 almost exactly, and unite all non-reserve parts of the county in one municipality. Questions, comments, thoughts, concerns? .
I'm familiar with the area. I think it would work. Antigonish County is a manageable size, and the county revolves around the town, which is centrally located.

Having said this though, I am not really a fan of regionalization of local governance. Once you get to a certain size, you get to a point where neighbourhood issues can get easily overlooked.

Old Posted Apr 22, 2024, 4:19 PM

AllNB says there's a massive 200MW wind farm planned by JDI between Juniper and Brighton Mountain. Apparently this will overlap with an extensive pulp wood plantation.

Old Posted Apr 22, 2024, 4:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamuptownsj View Post
AllNB says there's a massive 200MW wind farm planned by JDI between Juniper and Brighton Mountain. Apparently this will overlap with an extensive pulp wood plantation.
A non-paywall article about this: https://www.publicnow.com/view/6205B...6B6?1713790103

An a website for more info about the project: https://brightonwind.com/

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Atlantic Provinces