HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan

Old Posted Sep 22, 2016, 9:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by yveseluj View Post
Chatters is moving to the main floor of the Cornwall across from American Eagle. This will leave Tim Hortons as the only remanining tenant occupying space in that entire South-East corner of the mall which previously had Smitty's and Havik. Anyone heard anything concrete yet?
...and Tim's is moving to the Second Cup space is it not?

When they finally do this, look for the whole 11th Ave street front to be re-done including the possible demo of the office building where Lulu is located. The Cornwall also owns that too.

Old Posted Sep 22, 2016, 9:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stormer View Post
...and Tim's is moving to the Second Cup space is it not?

When they finally do this, look for the whole 11th Ave street front to be re-done including the possible demo of the office building where Lulu is located. The Cornwall also owns that too.
It's gotta be for H&M! Or Forever 21. H&M would definitely be two floors regarding the lack of width available for the Cornwall floor plates.

Old Posted Sep 23, 2016, 3:34 PM

The new, bigger Costco for Aurora is a huge deal for that development. With all the other proposals around town for big box centres, including Harvard's own Acre 21 down the street, there will be plenty of competition for tenants. Retailers always want to be near the big boys like Walmart and Costco who draw in regional traffic.

Hopefully Costco gets a liquor store licence for this location.

Old Posted Sep 23, 2016, 5:43 PM

Stormer, have any design plans been released yet regarding the 11th avenue renovations? Is the plan to build a multilevel retail addition on the lulu lemon building floor plate once the office building is demolished?

Also hope they have plans for Hamilton Street and Sask Drive renovations.

I also was thinking that they could buy or lease out the main floor or first two floors of the sasktel building if there is space to put retail so that they could finally make that north section of the mall more active. Anyone know of the Sasktel building has extra space or are they full to the brim?

My other thought was a floor addition on top of Sears and escalators connecting through the center of the food court to that area.

Old Posted Sep 23, 2016, 8:51 PM

Replies in bold

Quote:
Originally Posted by one_brick_at_a_time View Post
Stormer, have any design plans been released yet regarding the 11th avenue renovations? Is the plan to build a multilevel retail addition on the lulu lemon building floor plate once the office building is demolished?
Don't know
Also hope they have plans for Hamilton Street and Sask Drive renovations.
That would be nice
I also was thinking that they could buy or lease out the main floor or first two floors of the sasktel building if there is space to put retail so that they could finally make that north section of the mall more active. Anyone know of the Sasktel building has extra space or are they full to the brim
SaskTel is due for a major reno or move. Building is 35 years old. Nothing will happen until the privatization is sorted out.
My other thought was a floor addition on top of Sears and escalators connecting through the center of the food court to that area.
It would be structurally possible as cars park on the roof now.

Old Posted Sep 24, 2016, 1:24 AM

Quote:
The new, bigger Costco for Aurora is a huge deal for that development. With all the other proposals around town for big box centres, including Harvard's own Acre 21 down the street, there will be plenty of competition for tenants. Retailers always want to be near the big boys like Walmart and Costco who draw in regional traffic.

Hopefully Costco gets a liquor store licence for this location.
The current slate of liquor licences are required to be operational in like 18 months. I don't think the new Costco will be happening that soon. But maybe in the future.

Old Posted Sep 24, 2016, 1:27 AM

Quote:
It would be structurally possible as cars park on the roof now.
While possible, malls typically hate third floors. I can't really see them ever doing that. Especially since Sears itself will probably be gone in the coming years.

Old Posted Sep 24, 2016, 3:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrannyMuffin View Post
Most of the stores have a grocery section. I assume it's been successful. The store near me just renovated and kept the grocery section. I find the selection is hit and miss. I forget what I was looking for the other day but it was something I was surprised they didn't have. They seem to have a bit of prepared foods, a decent (not huge) selection of fruits and vegetables. You likely. Like the do your grocery shopping there unless you had a very limited diet but it works well for stocking up between trips to the grocery store. Having said that, there is an Independent Grocer in the same shopping centre. I have a feeling that there would be more focus on grocery if there weren't a much larger store 100 feet away. I think the 14th and Broad location has been quite popular and I believe their grocery section is a bit bigger. Which makes sense given the neighbourhood and lack of options near by unless you have $$ to spend for organic at Nature's Best.

It would've been nice to see Cornwall expand into the old medical clinic next door and have a large grocery section. Though I can see why that might not have been appealing for a pilot project.
One of the unique things about Save On in Saskatchewan is they offer on-line groceries. Many of the major brands are doing online. But I think Save on is the only one in Saskatchewan. Which is odd given there is software that lets most grocery stores get in on it. http://www.mightyplus.com/

Old Posted Sep 24, 2016, 3:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by casper View Post
One of the unique things about Save On in Saskatchewan is they offer on-line groceries. Many of the major brands are doing online. But I think Save on is the only one in Saskatchewan. Which is odd given there is software that lets most grocery stores get in on it. http://www.mightyplus.com/
Superstore also has online ordering now, though I think you need to pick it up at the store.

Old Posted Sep 24, 2016, 3:41 PM

Well it looks like Costco is going forward in 2017 as Aurora is up to RPC.

I'm really nervous the existing Costco site will be left empty and we start to see the hollowing out of the western portion of Vic East.

Old Posted Sep 24, 2016, 3:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jigglysquishy View Post

I'm really nervous the existing Costco site will be left empty and we start to see the hollowing out of the western portion of Vic East.
I don't think it will be empty as Harvard would be required to purchase the old site and they'd work to fill/sell it.

Old Posted Sep 24, 2016, 7:50 PM

Mastermind Toys is open in the old River City Sports on Quance Street. Canadia company with some different stuff. Good addition.

www.mastermindtoys.com

Old Posted Sep 25, 2016, 12:51 AM

Quote:

Maybe IKEA could take the spot hehe

Old Posted Sep 25, 2016, 1:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Festivus View Post
Superstore also has online ordering now, though I think you need to pick it up at the store.
Loblaws has been making a lot of moves in that direction. The next big thing in grocery retail should be refrigerated lockers in neighborhoods. It has been the local trend in Europe, Australia and Asia. These things: http://www.omnioninc.com/grocery

Old Posted Sep 27, 2016, 7:33 PM

Aurora rezoning app goes to the RPC this week.

Old Posted Sep 27, 2016, 7:54 PM

Quote:
Aurora rezoning app goes to the RPC this week.
I would expect an official Costco announcement shortly after they go to council.

Old Posted Sep 27, 2016, 8:06 PM

Quote:
I would expect an official Costco announcement shortly after they go to council.
right, re-zoning is probably a condition.

Old Posted Oct 5, 2016, 5:49 PM

Quote:
Replies in bold
Response on Facebook from Cornwall Centre was that they hope to announce soon the plan for the Havik/Smitty's area plans. I am so interested in what they will be doing. Do you think they would ever want to extend the entrance all the way to 11th avenue to enlarge the enclosed 2 floor concourse footprint? I also hope they will do something to renovate the orange tile on Hamilton and Sask drive and maybe open up some of the brick.

Old Posted Oct 5, 2016, 6:21 PM

gg

Last edited by jigglysquishy; Nov 18, 2016 at 1:36 AM.

Old Posted Oct 5, 2016, 6:35 PM

can't they have 2 costcos?

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan