HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > City Discussions

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next

Old Posted Jan 9, 2022, 10:47 PM
hähnchenbrüstfiletstüc

Quote:
Originally Posted by the urban politician View Post
In other irony, the three females in our office have been most cautious about Covid—double masking, sanitizing everything, etc) and they GOT Covid. Meanwhile, I and the other male who have not taken such drastic steps are the two who haven’t gotten it (as far as we know).
I wonder how much of this effect is driven by the more nervous people getting tested more often.

I'm not surprised that omicron being milder has little to no impact on the perceived danger for a lot of people. Many of them got vaccinated, dropping their risk of serious illness by 10-20x, often from a low base rate, and this made little difference to how they live (they tend to think in terms of "doing what we can", or "making people do whatever might help"). No matter the evidence a lot of people won't give up on the idea that children are super vulnerable and all sorts of measures need to be taken to keep them from getting infected, even though a lot of them were already infected and even if you slow the spread their odds of infection will tend toward 100% over time given the way things are going.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > City Discussions