HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Completed Project Threads Archive

Old Posted Aug 11, 2019, 12:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhawk66 View Post
Hey, we all have an opinion, right? No big deal.

https://www.fastcompany.com/90387045...of-skyscrapers

Maybe it won't matter in the end, but just wait to see the effect WPS has on Wolf Point and WPE and the entire river corridor. It is what it is.

As long it's big though. Yay!

Oh, yea, ask the owners at WPW how they feel about WPS coming soon. So dumb, imo. /greedy
oddly enough WPW is all rental - almost like they planned it that way.

Old Posted Aug 11, 2019, 1:16 AM
you know where I'll be

^ No kidding. It's a rental tower.

Also, the owner of said tower is still (had been on the market in the last couple years but I do not believe it sold).......Hines (partial interest - not sure of exact percentage)........as in the Hines that is also the developer of WPS.

Sooooooo, all in all, I would venture they're ok with it!

Last edited by SamInTheLoop; Aug 11, 2019 at 1:38 AM.

Old Posted Aug 11, 2019, 2:23 AM

No one, so far has said anything to the contrary that it's bullshit design of the space. They are about to erect an enormous structure right up and against WPW, blocking every single view the "renters" had. And done so by the very same owners of the building they chose to build. F'ng idiocy. (And, just wait to see the effect WPS has on WPE) It's stupid design and clearly based on the almighty dollar with the knowing that there are plenty of idiots who may or may not continue to rent those spaces. WPW is a very fine building. As is WPS (per spec). But both need not be built. A clear money grab of epic proportions. Which, if I am being honest, hope bites them in the arse. It should have been a two building site. WPE, should have been moved west easily 20 to 40 feet (with additional reverence to the Merchandise Mart. A frickin pillar of Chicago which they just took a shit on...by 20' or so) WPW should have never been built. And WPS should have been moved over west as well. The increased land space should have been left to the people and beautified with landscape. But, yea, more and taller is always better. I'm rather surprised at this boards seemingly moronic viewpoint that more is better.

Old Posted Aug 11, 2019, 2:27 AM
you know where I'll be

Jarta(.)

Old Posted Aug 11, 2019, 2:42 AM

Yea, just move to NY and get it over with already.

Old Posted Aug 11, 2019, 4:06 AM

(.)

Last edited by bhawk66; Aug 11, 2019 at 4:19 AM.

Old Posted Aug 11, 2019, 3:28 PM

Quote:
Hey, we all have an opinion, right? No big deal.

https://www.fastcompany.com/90387045...of-skyscrapers

Maybe it won't matter in the end, but just wait to see the effect WPS has on Wolf Point and WPE and the entire river corridor. It is what it is.

As long it's big though. Yay!

Oh, yea, ask the owners at WPW how they feel about WPS coming soon. So dumb, imo. /greedy

Dude, the same people who own WPW are developing the other two buildings here...

Oh wait you already got called out on that and have now shifted your outrage from the poor condo owners in WPW who don't exist to "the almighty dollar"...

Quote:
No one, so far has said anything to the contrary that it's bullshit design of the space. They are about to erect an enormous structure right up and against WPW, blocking every single view the "renters" had. And done so by the very same owners of the building they chose to build. F'ng idiocy. (And, just wait to see the effect WPS has on WPE) It's stupid design and clearly based on the almighty dollar with the knowing that there are plenty of idiots who may or may not continue to rent those spaces. WPW is a very fine building. As is WPS (per spec). But both need not be built. A clear money grab of epic proportions. Which, if I am being honest, hope bites them in the arse. It should have been a two building site. WPE, should have been moved west easily 20 to 40 feet (with additional reverence to the Merchandise Mart. A frickin pillar of Chicago which they just took a shit on...by 20' or so) WPW should have never been built. And WPS should have been moved over west as well. The increased land space should have been left to the people and beautified with landscape. But, yea, more and taller is always better. I'm rather surprised at this boards seemingly moronic viewpoint that more is better.
Jeeze, no one tell him about LSE and their regime of view blocking or he might have a stroke.

Also this is real estate development buddy, it never has been about anything except the almighty dollar. That's literally the entire point of highrise spec development "a highrise is a machine to make the land pay"...

The only reason we have buildings that vary from square boxes of the cheapest materials is the secondary driver of highrise development: ego. Ego certainly isn't going to motivate people to not build a big ass skyscraper on the most prominent parcel in Chicago. So looks like we are stuck with a beautiful trip of towers generating massive tax revenue and filling in a giant vacant parking lot...

Old Posted Aug 11, 2019, 3:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LouisVanDerWright View Post
Dude, the same people who own WPW are developing the other two buildings here...

Oh wait you already got called out on that and have now shifted your outrage from the poor condo owners in WPW who don't exist to "the almighty dollar"...

Also this is real estate development buddy, it never has been about anything except the almighty dollar. That's literally the entire point of highrise spec development "a highrise is a machine to make the land pay"...

Who's outraged? It's a Skyscraper forum. Really? It's just an opinion, buddy. Also, I got called out on what exactly? I already mentioned that the owners of the land are behind all three structures. And yes, I know it's driven by the dollar. Duh. Does that mean I have to bend over as a critic and say nothing? Get over the "tax revenue" bs. You'll feel that where exactly? A city of, what, 2.8 mil, and a couple new folks in a already dense area makes shitty design feel better because a few extra tax dollars. Ok. Enjoy. Doesn't change my mind. I'll call it out every time. I already stated, imo, WPE is a stellar building. WPW is classy as hell. Looks like WPS will be a fantastic one, as well. No problem. I was commenting on the land space narrative. Now tell me again who's having the stroke?

Old Posted Aug 11, 2019, 4:07 PM
The City

Quote:
Who's outraged? It's a Skyscraper forum. Really? It's just an opinion, buddy. Also, I got called out on what exactly? I already mentioned that the owners of the land are behind all three structures. And yes, I know it's driven by the dollar. Duh. Does that mean I have to bend over as a critic and say nothing? Get over the "tax revenue" bs. You'll feel that where exactly? A city of, what, 2.8 mil, and a couple new folks in a already dense area makes shitty design feel better because a few extra tax dollars. Ok. Enjoy. Doesn't change my mind. I'll call it out every time. I already stated, imo, WPE is a stellar building. WPW is classy as hell. Looks like WPS will be a fantastic one, as well. No problem. I was commenting on the land space narrative. Now tell me again who's having the stroke?
Hi Jarta!

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC4W...lUKB1w8ED5bV2Q

Old Posted Aug 11, 2019, 7:16 PM
you know where I'll be

^ Definitely would seem to be a Residences at Riverbend resident. Clearly, WPW did not block east views, however, WPS will, or at least substantially so.

Quite possibly Jarta. Some of the same nonsense arguments. Would need to examine a sampling of posts side-by-side for me to assess with a high likelihood that it is indeed our friend. Just not motivated to do so right now....

Old Posted Aug 11, 2019, 7:31 PM

8/11 Looks like they are starting to complete the riverfront portion

Old Posted Aug 11, 2019, 9:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamInTheLoop View Post
^ Definitely would seem to be a Residences at Riverbend resident. Clearly, WPW did not block east views, however, WPS will, or at least substantially so.

Quite possibly Jarta. Some of the same nonsense arguments. Would need to examine a sampling of posts side-by-side for me to assess with a high likelihood that it is indeed our friend. Just not motivated to do so right now....
Please let us focus on the arguments - not those who are presenting them. There are threads for trolling in the current events section.

Old Posted Aug 11, 2019, 11:43 PM
you know where I'll be

^ Not to veer too off-topic here, but an examination of motivations is always germane. The trolling comment is not.

Old Posted Aug 11, 2019, 11:48 PM

I don't think its Jarta. He ONLY posted in the Wolf Point threads, although it's fun to imagine he gave up the fight and rented at WPW, confident WPS woundn't get started this cycle

Many agree with bhawk that it's not an A+ development but I think he lost everybody at views and shadows. Trees "throw shade" as well, but I don't hear people complaining about them in parks.

Old Posted Aug 12, 2019, 12:31 AM
BANNED

Wow glazing goes up as the tower rises. This is a very fast building going up.

It will be sealed by winter.....

I talking to you Vista.

Old Posted Aug 12, 2019, 9:47 AM

is that slotted setback the amenity level with a balcony for all residents a la OneEleven?

"Helmut Jahn has never suffered a failure of nerve."

Old Posted Aug 12, 2019, 2:37 PM
you know where I'll be

^ Yep. I'm sure it's a pretty sweet amenity level as well.

Old Posted Aug 12, 2019, 7:36 PM

[QUOTE=harryc;8654435]

Gotta love the zoomed in shots by HC. Really shows the craftsmanship by Walsh.

Yeah, the upper amenity floor should be something. The views alone, sure.... but also they're going to have a dog run up there somehow which will help for walking Fido during the winter months. Co-working area on the east side....The whole floorplate is a lot of space that high up.

Old Posted Aug 12, 2019, 7:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Lurker View Post
Many agree with bhawk that it's not an A+ development.
I must have missed the early threads. May I ask why Wolf Point as a whole is not an A+ development?

I mean, other than the height and maximum capacity not used.... What else is a problem? or is that it.

Cheers,

WPWatcher

PS: For what it's worth, i won't be renting this Unit for another 3 years watching the construction of WPS (as interesting as it can be) while my view gets obstructed. I'm sure I'll be one of the first moving to the East side of WPE away from the commotion as much as possible.

Old Posted Aug 12, 2019, 9:07 PM
you know where I'll be

^ My guess is to the extent it's not those crying because the towers do not reach some imaginary meaningless height figures they havwere fixated on, it may have something to do with connectivity to the site? Just a guess....as I think the project team should be very pleased with the way it is turning out....I am.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Completed Project Threads Archive