HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > Proposals

Old Posted Apr 6, 2021, 11:59 PM
New Yorker for life

Quote:
Originally Posted by BXFrank View Post
This is ridiculous, they’re going against tall buildings even in dead middle of New York City the original crowded skyscraper capital of the world. Grand Central been over shadowed since god knows when!? To be frank and honest all buildings around it look the same from ground level looking up, no matter the height at street level Grand Central does not look over shadowed. In fact it Grand Central looks way better surrounded and not just because I’m a skyscraper fanatic. That’s the reason I don’t get exited when new proposals are up, not until they place the first beams. It’s NYC for Christ sakes that’s the beauty of the city, you find hidden gems amongst the sea of skyscrapers.

These people are just idiots on the loose. And Grand Central is a fine building to grace the cityscape, but everyone knows that it is best experienced from within, where you can appreciate the true beauty of the building, and it's expanse. What's visible from the street will always be visible, no matter how many tall buildings you put up around it, which by the way, it's already maxed out in tall surroundings. Absolutely nothing will change, except we will get even more views of Grand Central from the street. The morons who speak of it being overwhelmed should all take a walk east (or west), and find a nice river to jump in.

“Office buildings are our factories – whether for tech, creative or traditional industries we must continue to grow our modern factories to create new jobs,” said United States Senator Chuck Schumer.

Old Posted Apr 7, 2021, 3:17 AM
cle/west village/shaolin

whining about height in midtown manhattan -- can you imagine? people just like to hear themselves talk. this building has one of the most beautiful bases i have ever seen and could ever imagine for it. it is what the majority of the public will see day to day. it is a work of art. zip it and get out of the way lol!

Old Posted Apr 7, 2021, 12:59 PM
New Yorker for life

Meanwhile, LPC hasn't seen any problems with it.

“Office buildings are our factories – whether for tech, creative or traditional industries we must continue to grow our modern factories to create new jobs,” said United States Senator Chuck Schumer.

Old Posted Apr 7, 2021, 3:31 PM
BANNED

This project is going to be absolutely amazing and fitting for the greatest city in the world.

Old Posted Apr 7, 2021, 5:48 PM
Registered (Nimby Ab)User

Location: At a computer, wasting my life on a skyscraper website
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMKeynes View Post
This project is going to be absolutely amazing and fitting for the greatest city in the world.
Im still holding my breath... im scared to jynx it

Protesting all development is a fashion statement for young leftists and old conservatives alike, and since this will be connected to grand central, it is perhaps the highest-profile development in the entire country as of now (the only possible higher-profile development would be if 2wtc starts)... and to be frank, all the media that is consumed by everyone except idiots and wackos is on the side of the young leftists. So this could get ugly. I have nightmares about giant protests in front of grand central and stupid NYT headlines like SAVE OUR STATION or other nonsense

I heard the UN is moving its HQ there. The eiffel tower is moving there soon as well. Elon Musk even decided he didnt want to go to mars anymore after visiting.

Old Posted Apr 7, 2021, 6:00 PM
New Yorker for life

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbermingham123 View Post
Im still holding my breath... im scared to jynx it

Protesting all development is a fashion statement for young leftists and old conservatives alike, and since this will be connected to grand central, it is perhaps the highest-profile development in the entire country as of now (the only possible higher-profile development would be if 2wtc starts)... and to be frank, all the media that is consumed by everyone except idiots and wackos is on the side of the young leftists. So this could get ugly. I have nightmares about giant protests in front of grand central and stupid NYT headlines like SAVE OUR STATION or other nonsense

It’s too late for all of that. The time to protest was when they were putting the midtown east rezoning into place. Even then it would have fallen on deaf ears because no one wants to save the Grand Hyatt.

Old Posted Apr 7, 2021, 10:18 PM

These are the same people who leave their meal half uneaten but then throw a bitch fit if you offer to finish it off yourself.

They're deranged.

Old Posted Apr 8, 2021, 12:35 AM
DENNAB

Quote:
These are the same people who leave their meal half uneaten but then throw a bitch fit if you offer to finish it off yourself.

They're deranged.
Yea it's sad anyone even pays attention to them.

Could this be approved by later this year? Since demo may start next year.

Thrilled this has a chance of happening and Tower Fifth perhaps not. That's how it should be.

Old Posted Apr 8, 2021, 12:52 AM
New Yorker for life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zapatan View Post
Could this be approved by later this year? Since demo may start next year.
It should be approved before the end of the year. The process is supposed to begin this spring. It takes about 6 months to completion.

Old Posted Apr 14, 2021, 4:49 PM
New Yorker for life

To be clear, the shorter version of the tower we've seen in the presentation is 1,486 ft., about 160 ft shorter than the proposed version. We'll continue to assume things haven't changed until told otherwise.

But there are lots of graphics to look at...

15. We see an older version of 270 Park Avenue, (as well as some version of 343 Madison)

Old Posted Apr 14, 2021, 5:13 PM
BANNED

Old Posted Apr 14, 2021, 6:16 PM

a design like this deserves to at least be taller than Central Park Tower. I'd be bummed if it isn't.

Old Posted Apr 14, 2021, 6:47 PM

Why did this presentation say 1,486 ft? Seems like the height has indeed been reduced, no?

Old Posted Apr 14, 2021, 7:00 PM
BANNED

Mine eyes have seen the glory of the coming of the Lord!

Old Posted Apr 14, 2021, 7:56 PM
DENNAB

Quote:
Originally Posted by pianowizard View Post
Why did this presentation say 1,486 ft? Seems like the height has indeed been reduced, no?
Yea, hopefully it's not the final height and they go with the taller one, maybe they're scared of backlash? (They shouldn't be they could probably pull of a 1600er)

Tower is gorgeous either way, 1,486' is a good height too. I like that 1,393' is the last floor.

Old Posted Apr 14, 2021, 7:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pianowizard View Post
Why did this presentation say 1,486 ft?

Old Posted Apr 14, 2021, 8:07 PM
DENNAB

^^ Design almost looks better though, could you imagine this 150+ feet higher?

Quote:
To be clear, the shorter version of the tower we've seen in the presentation is 1,486 ft., about 160 ft shorter than the proposed version. We'll continue to assume things haven't changed until told otherwise.
Why are you assuming this? Not saying there's no reason to, just curious.

Old Posted Apr 14, 2021, 8:35 PM
BANNED

1,650’ would be nice, but I’m glad that it’s the same design.

1,486’ of this is pure Heaven!

I hope that Morgan Stanley anchors this.

Old Posted Apr 14, 2021, 8:52 PM
I like Skyscrapers 🏙

Well, that sucks. Now Tower Fifth took back the crown... I hope there should be another rival of both Central Park Tower and Tower Fifth. Maybe the rival should be like 1,580’ or 1,690’. The taller the new skyscrapers gets, the brighter the future will be.

Old Posted Apr 14, 2021, 8:53 PM
DENNAB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raysiri View Post
Well, that sucks. Now Tower Fifth took back the crown... I hope there should be another rival of both Central Park Tower and Tower Fifth. Maybe the rival should be like 1,580’ or 1,690’. The taller the new skyscrapers gets, the brighter the future will be.
Tower Fifth will likely not be built, perhaps the Penn Station area can yield a 1600 footer?

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > Proposals