HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Texas & Southcentral > Austin

Old Posted Nov 11, 2022, 3:56 PM

Looking forward to more pics, Urbannizer!

Old Posted Nov 11, 2022, 4:13 PM

This one is partially visible on the Modern Austin Webcam.

https://app.truelook.cloud/dashboard...6jbnkrjjm9m9t0

Old Posted Nov 14, 2022, 2:58 PM

As much as I want to see this actually get built, surely there is a restriction on how much ongoing construction can occur in a set area at once, right? Once this starts up, there will be: (1) Waterline; (2) the Travis; (3) The modern; (4) Vesper; (5) the Cambia hotel; (6) Fairfield Inn; and (7) River St. residences all going within 100 yards of this property....

While Cambria and Fairfield are likely to finish within the next 6-8 months, the others will be U/C for at least another year, if not three...

Old Posted Nov 14, 2022, 5:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geckos_Rule View Post
As much as I want to see this actually get built, surely there is a restriction on how much ongoing construction can occur in a set area at once, right? Once this starts up, there will be: (1) Waterline; (2) the Travis; (3) The modern; (4) Vesper; (5) the Cambia hotel; (6) Fairfield Inn; and (7) River St. residences all going within 100 yards of this property....

While Cambria and Fairfield are likely to finish within the next 6-8 months, the others will be U/C for at least another year, if not three...
First come first served. Although I'm sure the Austin Utility Location Coordination Committee is having panic attacks. I feel for those (like you?) who live nearby though. Might be a good time to buy an e-bike and sell the car.

Old Posted Nov 14, 2022, 9:25 PM

I live at the Quincy. Construction noise sucks and a lot of residents are fed up & moving. Its annoying but I understand.

Old Posted Nov 14, 2022, 9:35 PM

View of 80 Rainey from my apartment. Last week they cut down 3 or 4 tress on the property. /Users/jacobhopkins/Downloads/IMG_5575.JPG/Users/jacobhopkins/Downloads/IMG_5872.JPG

Old Posted Nov 15, 2022, 4:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlakeHamrock View Post
View of 80 Rainey from my apartment. Last week they cut down 3 or 4 tress on the property. /Users/jacobhopkins/Downloads/IMG_5575.JPG/Users/jacobhopkins/Downloads/IMG_5872.JPG
You have to upload it to a website and paste the image as img]link here [/link (close it with [ ] )

Old Posted Nov 16, 2022, 2:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by H2O View Post
First come first served. Although I'm sure the Austin Utility Location Coordination Committee is having panic attacks. I feel for those (like you?) who live nearby though. Might be a good time to buy an e-bike and sell the car.
Oh I own a car, but I think I've only driven about 2500 miles in the last two years.

Either way, that's my understanding is that at least part of the chaos over here (especially with the Waterline) is getting these spaces hooked up to utilities. Though I'd have to imagine that 80 Rainey will both: (1) not have any trouble with utilities; and (2) not have much leeway in getting to close down streets outside of the alleyway behind.

Old Posted Nov 16, 2022, 6:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geckos_Rule View Post
Oh I own a car, but I think I've only driven about 2500 miles in the last two years.

Either way, that's my understanding is that at least part of the chaos over here (especially with the Waterline) is getting these spaces hooked up to utilities. Though I'd have to imagine that 80 Rainey will both: (1) not have any trouble with utilities; and (2) not have much leeway in getting to close down streets outside of the alleyway behind.
AULCC is as much about traffic control as it is the actual connections and routing of utilities. They do require all of the utility providers to review plans and make sure the engineers have not missed anything that might conflict with a new connection. Sometimes that review doesn't help much because there are a lot of old utilities, and the record drawings aren't always accurate. It is not uncommon for a conflict to be discovered after excavation for a connection is done, creating delays, requiring changes in the field, more reviews and as-built updates.

The traffic control issue is often more complex, especially when there are multiple construction sites in close proximity. Almost all utilities are located in the ROW, requiring excavation in the street to make connections. When there are a lot of projects trying to close a portion of a street, it becomes an elaborate choreography of location, schedule, duration and traffic engineering. Anytime there is a delay (whether related to the utilities or not), the dance has start over.

Old Posted Dec 2, 2022, 10:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by paul78701 View Post
With more than 600 units, this building may have somewhere in the range of 900-1000 people living in it.
TheRealDeal is reporting that the number of units in this decreased from 644 units to 557. Interesting that it lost 87 units but only one story. I'd guess that translates to a higher ratio of 2bdr and 3bdr units than initially proposed.

Old Posted Dec 6, 2022, 2:56 PM

I drove by the site yesterday and it looks like the bungalow formerly hosting House Party has been moved behind the one formerly hosting Reina clearing the site for construction of the tower to begin.

Old Posted Dec 14, 2022, 11:26 PM

The construction fencing around the site is gone. Good, bad, or neutral sign?

Old Posted Dec 15, 2022, 12:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by agsatx88 View Post
The construction fencing around the site is gone. Good, bad, or neutral sign?
I wouldn't take it as any sort of sign other than they are done with this stage of moving that bungalow and whatever other minor site prep.

Old Posted Dec 15, 2022, 9:18 PM

New fencing is up.

Old Posted Dec 28, 2022, 3:29 PM

I walked by here this morning. There is big digging equipment on site now. There were at least a half dozen workers there also. So it would appear that more serious site prep is beginning.

Old Posted Dec 31, 2022, 3:24 AM
Meh

FAA permit for the building - 570 feet. It lists the work schedule as 02/01/2023 to 02/01/2025.

https://oeaaa.faa.gov/oeaaa/external...6176370&row=15

Old Posted Jan 9, 2023, 8:45 PM

It looks like some excavation work on the actual site has started. It can be seen from the Modern camera.

Old Posted Jan 9, 2023, 9:49 PM

Good to see the increase in site prep. They replied to me on Instagram a few weeks ago that the official groundbreaking is in February.

Things will be great when you're downtown.

Old Posted Jan 12, 2023, 2:33 PM

This morning it looks like dirt which had previously just been piled up is being moved offsite by dump trucks. There is a mobile crane that arrived yesterday. A few days before I believe rebar was being delivered on a flat bed. Hopefully it won't be too long before we see some concrete trucks.

Old Posted Jan 13, 2023, 5:36 PM

From the Modern webcam it looks like a blue crane base is resting onsite. Blue for JE Dunn the GC. It is scheduled to go up at the end of this month.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Texas & Southcentral > Austin