HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Alberta & British Columbia > Edmonton

Old Posted Aug 9, 2007, 3:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edmonchuck View Post
While Houston does make the case against urban sprawl a good one (lived there too, couldn't wait to leave), it does have a good freeway system between Beltway 8, the 610 loop, and the interstates that intersect therein.

They do work well, even the Katy Freeway is OK, but it also explains why they have no mass transit and their downtown is a ghost town after 5. Take their ring road example of how to at least flow traffic around the city at specific points, but leave the multitude of interstates out.
The freeways are unlike anything I have ever seen anywhere. You should see the new interchange theyre building at the beltway and katy fwy. When I was there earlier this year I asked why such a huge reconstruction project, my friend said, "they had to put the stars are all the columns"
"Hey, Lama, hey, how about a little something, you know, for the effort, you know." And he says, "Oh, uh, there won't be any money, but when you die, on your deathbed, you will receive total consciousness." So I got that goin' for me, which is nice. Carl Spackler, 1980

Old Posted Aug 9, 2007, 3:55 AM
Calgreedian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasper and one o nin View Post
"they had to put the stars are all the columns"
Huh?
"The point is, ladies and gentlemen, that greed, for lack of a better word, is good. Greed is right, greed works. Greed clarifies, cuts through, and captures the essence of the evolutionary spirit. Greed, in all of its forms; greed for life, for money, for love, knowledge has marked the upward surge of mankind."

Old Posted Aug 9, 2007, 4:08 AM
Kevin Folds Five

I think he meant "on"

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Alberta & British Columbia > Edmonton