HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada

Old Posted Jun 10, 2023, 10:41 PM
I am the law!

Quote:
Originally Posted by thurmas View Post
I would still give the edge to Quebec City. Peps stadium can be a temp home for around 18 or 19 k. I really feel Peledeau wants to recreate the battle of Quebec from the 80s but for football. Imagine a labour day classic in Quebec City and a Poutine bowl in Montreal the following week would be insane fun.
My line of thinking isn't Quebec City over Southwestern Ontario. It's Quebec City and Southwestern Ontario with London beating out Waterloo for the Southwestern Ontario team.

Old Posted Jun 11, 2023, 12:08 AM
Community Guy

Saskatoon, period.

Wake me up when I can see skyscrapers

Old Posted Jun 11, 2023, 1:05 AM

Daily mail in the UK reporting the xfl lost $60 million this season. They have cut jobs already for next season. Rock has a lot of upcoming legal issues. To think mlse wanted to join that league oy.

Old Posted Jun 11, 2023, 1:16 AM

Alouettes attendance 20,865 tonight off to a good start after the crazy off-season they had with the ownership change in the winter. Our lady peace concert and Peledeau putting the Quebecor entertainment division behind the team helps.

Old Posted Jun 11, 2023, 2:04 AM
Ham-burgher

Quote:
Originally Posted by elly63 View Post
I was watching on CFL+ (went off without a hitch) What got me was the very wide angle of the main TSN follow cams. C'mon guys we can shoot it a little tighter than that.

If you watch, one of the main differences between an NFL and a CFL broadcast is the framing of shots. NFL is right in their face while CFL is usually waist up, the tighter shot portrays more intimacy and brings you into the game.

The one tight shot was with the aerial camera. At one point I thought it interfered with play. The Lions? were killing off the clock at the end of the half and took a knee on both plays. What if the QB wanted to fake taking a knee and toss one downfield, the camera was right in the throwing lane (it looked like to me). Dead plays are the NFL's stock in trade not the CFL.
Wider shot gives one more perspective on the game though. Especially all the $hit that goes on after a play... TSN's feed of the Ticats@Bombers showed many of the "extra curriculars"

Old Posted Jun 11, 2023, 2:10 AM
Ham-burgher

Quote:
Nice win by the bombers 29,057 for attendance. Bo Levi was not good his shoulder is still cooked and has not been the same since 2019 I am doubtful he will finish the season healthy.
I think it was more a chemistry issue. He was launching good passes, but off the mark until later in the game. Too early to say. Perhaps a lack of pre-season playing time in live-fire was a good reason?? That one is on the coaching staff.

Winnipeg should have killed that one. If not for some great unexpected plays every CFL game can produce they would have (e.g., the Laurent sack that led to Collaros' fumble and Edwards' TD; the kick return ball that flew right into Sopik's hands; there were others like the blocked punt). A veteran team with great players used to playing together is going to be tough to beat early in the season, for good reason. Nice win by the Bombers

Old Posted Jun 11, 2023, 2:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScreamingViking View Post
Wider shot gives one more perspective on the game though. Especially all the $hit that goes on after a play... TSN's feed of the Ticats@Bombers showed many of the "extra curriculars"
It was much wider than normal, I used to contract to TSN, I notice these things.

Old Posted Jun 11, 2023, 2:26 AM
Ham-burgher

Quote:
It was much wider than normal, I used to contract to TSN, I notice these things.
I subscribed to TSN last year (having given up cable) but didn't watch much of the Ticats' away games. I'll do more this season, so I'll try to pay attention to this issue.

Old Posted Jun 11, 2023, 3:02 AM

Quote:
I subscribed to TSN last year (having given up cable) but didn't watch much of the Ticats' away games. I'll do more this season, so I'll try to pay attention to this issue.
I meant I used to work for them I'm hoping that game was a one off, the mid shots vs tights of the player's heads is usual, the very loose shooting by the main hard cam was not.

I'm still not happy with TSN coverage, it's stale. With technology today there should be stats and graphics keyed all over the field (used sparingly) and unmanned cameras everywhere (including on/in the goal posts)

I think the panel idea has passed its due date and something else done at the half. JMO

Old Posted Jun 11, 2023, 3:16 AM

Quote:
I subscribed to TSN last year (having given up cable)
Just curious, what do you have for TV. I bet one of these would do you nicely.

Video Link

Old Posted Jun 11, 2023, 4:15 AM
Ham-burgher

Quote:
Just curious, what do you have for TV. I bet one of these would do you nicely.
We had the subscriptions to Prime, Netflix, and I got us Crave. I've since left the house, but have kept my own Prime and signed up for Netflix. Crave stayed with me. I had TSN before and renewed. I'll watch stuff on YouTube too, having a Google account.

I'll look into other options, but for now those cover me well. I thought I'd watch more on TSN (hockey, other sports) but did not. That may change now that I have full control of the video.

Old Posted Jun 11, 2023, 3:32 PM
I am the law!

Agreed. The only subscription streaming services are Crave and Netflix. The free month of Prime offered once or twice a year is more than enough to catch up on the programming. Disney offerings for adults are the Marvel and Star Wars universes and long running network series concluded 10 year ago.

Old Posted Jun 11, 2023, 6:05 PM
Community Guy

Excited to see the boys get back on the field; here's hoping for a good start to the season over the farmers.

GO ELKS GO!

Old Posted Jun 11, 2023, 6:23 PM

I just realized that I never posted about Friday night's game. Amazing performance by the Bombers to jump out to a 29-4 halftime lead. They moved the ball pretty well at will. Only a few brain farts on special teams allowed Hamilton to make a game of it in the 3rd, but the Bombers locked it down. And this was without their best receiver Kenny Lawler in the lineup.

It was an absolutely perfect night for football and we were treated to an interesting halftime Darcy Oake performance. The crowd was rocking all evening... it was a great way to kick off what should hopefully be a very successful season for the Big Blue.

Old Posted Jun 11, 2023, 11:02 PM
Ham-burgher

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhipperSnapper View Post
Disney offerings for adults are the Marvel and Star Wars universes and long running network series concluded 10 year ago.
I forgot to mention Disney. I did get it, and while I didn't think I'd keep it there is actually a lot there that I do like aside from the Star Wars stuff and a few other things. E.g., to your point about concluded series, I started watching old NYPD Blue episodes -- I saw many of them in the 1990s, but they still appeal to me today. There are Wes Anderson films I love that aren't provided anywhere else, and some others.

Decisions about streaming is probably something I'll revisit when the subscriptions come up for renewal. I didn't do that with cable; I picked a package I liked and pretty much stayed with it for years.

Old Posted Jun 11, 2023, 11:48 PM
Community Guy

Decently exciting thus far.

Thinking 25,320?

Old Posted Jun 12, 2023, 1:05 AM

32,233 for Elks crowd tonight

Old Posted Jun 12, 2023, 1:32 AM
Community Guy

Quote:
32,233 for Elks crowd tonight
Actual or tickets bought.

Old Posted Jun 12, 2023, 2:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coldrsx View Post
Actual or tickets bought.
Looked like a decent crowd, seemed to be people in the far sections. I was only able to start watching the stream late in the 3rd quarter.

TV coverage was very good, a good variety of shots. From what I saw Cornelius sucks, bring on Ford. Terrible Esk play calling when they were on the goal line.

As I said the TV coverage was good, there was an overhead shot of the Riders, it was a veritable wall. There was no way anything would get through it. Disappointing for the Elks but this is no time for their fans to quit, they are on the brink of turning it around. Show some faith again like today and you will be rewarded.

Old Posted Jun 12, 2023, 2:20 AM
Community Guy

Another day, another loss.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada