HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > Supertall Construction

270 Park Avenue in the SkyscraperPage Database

Building Data Page   • Comparison Diagram   • New York Skyscraper Diagram

Map Location
New York Projects & Construction Forum

Old Posted Mar 28, 2023, 5:24 PM
New Yorker for life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zerton View Post
This is going to be insanely cool. Giant skylights!

Yes it is. Those top 4 floors of the first level will be connected by a 3-level escalator, according to documents.

I’ve also decided the heights of the various setbacks using the graphic. The official height they’re using is from the Park Avenue side, but the elevation from Madison Avenue is 2 ft lower. So using 60 instead of 62, I get these heights…

1st setback……425 ft

2nd setback….818 ft

3rd setback….1080 ft

4th setback….1255 ft

Top of bldg…..1390 ft

Subtract 2 ft for the Park Avenue elevation.

“Office buildings are our factories – whether for tech, creative or traditional industries we must continue to grow our modern factories to create new jobs,” said United States Senator Chuck Schumer.

Old Posted Mar 28, 2023, 5:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYguy View Post
....The official height they’re using is from the Park Avenue side, but the elevation from Madison Avenue is 2 ft lower.....

Top of bldg…..1390 ft
Good sleuthing, and this should be the actual official height since it's how it gets counted by the CTBUH (Council on Tall Buildings and Urban Habitat).

Old Posted Mar 28, 2023, 5:34 PM
New Yorker for life

Quote:
Originally Posted by DZH22 View Post
Good sleuthing, and this should be the actual official height since it's how it gets counted by the CTBUH (Council on Tall Buildings and Urban Habitat).
It should be, but you never know with those guys.

“Office buildings are our factories – whether for tech, creative or traditional industries we must continue to grow our modern factories to create new jobs,” said United States Senator Chuck Schumer.

Old Posted Mar 28, 2023, 11:44 PM
New Yorker for life

A look at those elevations again, and the stacking of the escalators...

Meanwhile, this tower is high enough that the tapering is noticeable. This will be a future icon, a skyscraper even non-skyscraper fans will become familiar enough with.

MARCH 26, 2023

Old Posted Mar 29, 2023, 1:07 AM

It's looking so damn good! I can't wait for it to really start being noticeable on the skyline at like 1,000 ft. Thanks for the update!

Old Posted Mar 29, 2023, 1:14 PM
New Yorker for life

^ It’ll be spectacular.

Video Link

I think I should point out that 270 Park is the wrong skyscraper to feature for that particular type of storyline or slant they used in the video. 270 Park is basically being built because JP Morgan Chase wanted a modern and consolidated headquarters. And it was made possible because of the midtown east rezoning, which itself was put in place to keep up with emerging business districts like the Hudson Yards. A better skyscraper for this type of video would have been One Vanderbilt, or even 50 Hudson and the Spiral, both of which are larger than 270 Park. But I get that its for entertainment, and was worth the watch.

Last edited by NYguy; Mar 29, 2023 at 1:52 PM.

Old Posted Mar 29, 2023, 5:51 PM

This is going to be in my top five favs. I just wish I could see it on the daily.

Old Posted Mar 29, 2023, 5:58 PM

Is it at half-way mark yet?

Old Posted Mar 29, 2023, 6:23 PM
DENNAB

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiger-cali View Post
Is it at half-way mark yet?
A bit past, it's about as high as MetLife which is 800+ feet.

Old Posted Mar 30, 2023, 11:17 AM

Old Posted Mar 30, 2023, 3:04 PM
New Yorker for life

Already a beast.

Old Posted Mar 31, 2023, 4:55 PM

With all the excitement about cladding, I only just noticed they took down the fourth crane.

Old Posted Apr 1, 2023, 2:39 AM
New Yorker for life

Old Posted Apr 3, 2023, 1:17 PM
New Yorker for life

https://therealdeal.com/new-york/202...workers-death/

JPMorgan HQ project still shut after worker’s death
Department of Buildings still investigating fatal fall by carpenter

By Kathryn Brenzel
March 31, 2023

Quote:
One week after a construction worker fell to his death at JPMorgan Chase’s new headquarters, the skyscraper project remains largely shut down.

On March 24, a carpenter in his mid 50s lost his footing while working on the 12th floor of 270 Park Avenue, according to the Department of Buildings. He fell 20 feet and was pronounced dead at the scene, triggering an investigation and a stop-work order.

The New York City District of Carpenters identified the worker as Wilbert Drummond, a 25-year member of the union who worked for Certified Interiors, a subcontractor that was doing core and shell work at the Park Avenue tower.

“To all who knew him, he was a quiet man, a talented carpenter, a hard worker and a dedicated member of our great union,” Joseph Geiger, executive-secretary treasurer of the District Council, said in a statement. “Day in and day out, Wilbert always looked out for the best interest of his crew, while producing some of the most iconic buildings in the city.”

Old Posted Apr 4, 2023, 11:56 PM
New Yorker for life

Old Posted Apr 5, 2023, 6:21 PM

has work started up?

Old Posted Apr 6, 2023, 3:00 AM
New Yorker for life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yackemflaber69 View Post
has work started up?
I believe they are, but I'll be out of town soon and won't be able to get pics for a week or two.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CqoxbvuOdpS/

Quote:
One of my favorites pieces- the Empire pouch and some future signature NYC building projects.

One of the reasons for the enduring popularity of Art Deco is its ability to adapt to different contexts and mediums. While it originated in the 1920s and 1930s, it continues to influence design today. Its bold, glamorous aesthetic has made it a favorite of designers and consumers alike, and it is likely to remain an important source of inspiration for #years to come.

At the time I was thinking about the new bag design, I also had a blurry vision of my future logo, that was beautifully executed by @helenmot.design
*** All similarities occurred in this post are accidental

Old Posted Apr 6, 2023, 3:17 AM
New Yorker for life

Old Posted Apr 6, 2023, 11:11 AM

This has to be one of my favourite photos of this building up to now.
I think this photo was taken from the News Corp. Building at 1211 Avenue of the Americas.

Source

Old Posted Apr 6, 2023, 4:17 PM
New Yorker for life

https://therealdeal.com/new-york/202...nyc-last-year/

JPMorgan shed 2M sf in NYC last year
Bank consolidating even before finishing Midtown HQ tower

April 6, 2023
Holden Walter-Warner

Quote:
JPMorgan Chase is developing one of the most prominent office projects in Manhattan — and slashing space left and right as it prepares to consolidate there.

JPMorgan cut its New York City office footprint by 22 percent last year, Crain’s reported. Regulatory filings revealed the depth of the bank’s office shift, a continuing trend from previous years.

The bank shrank its space by nearly 2 million square feet, a staggering amount for one of the city’s largest commercial tenants. The reductions include the subletting of 700,000 square feet at 4 New York Plaza and the sale of the 350,000-square-foot 3 MetroTech Center in Brooklyn, which New York University picked up for $122 million.

The bank is down to 6.8 million square feet of New York City offices, only three years after it occupied 9 million.
Quote:
JPMorgan is focused on centralizing its operations around one office, 270 Park Avenue. The 2.5 million-square-foot development is expected to be completed in 2025.

“We remain committed to New York City and are planning for the next 50 years with our new headquarters,” a bank spokesperson told Crain’s.

The 60-story, 1,388-foot-tall tower in Midtown East will be able to accommodate up to 14,000 employees, more than half of the bank’s total. It will have flexible floorplans, a nod to the remote and hybrid work patterns that have emerged since the pandemic scattered office workers to wind.

The tower project was paused last month by the Department of Buildings after a carpenter fell to his death at the site. The stop-work order was partially lifted to allow for safety-related measures to be enacted, but it’s not clear when work will fully resume.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > Supertall Construction