HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada

Old Posted Apr 19, 2024, 8:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by acottawa View Post
The three projects reviewed by the PBO are a total of $43.6 billion, which is a plausible cost for a mixed HSR/conventional system.
That's the number I was thinking though the timeline and likelihood of not paying anything close to that because the US is likely to cancel their subsidies does make the math quite a bit different.

Old Posted Apr 20, 2024, 4:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Truenorth00 View Post
For all the Liberal failings on this file (and there have been many), the fact that this project is finally getting interest from experienced rail developers like DB and SNCF does bode well.

Sadly, I can't see the CPC interested in anything but revisionism where they do everything possible to rip out anything with a Liberal smell to get back to 2015. I hope I am wrong. But our history is full of both major parties behaving this way. Guess we'll see in 2 years.
Lets face it, the CPC does not want to spend money on "green" infrastructure especially if it is owned and operated by a crown corp.

The only hope to get this project to the point of no return prior to the next election or into some form of joint federal/provincial project that is extremely difficult and painful to undo.

If Go was to be a "user" of the tracks leading into Toronto and the Montreal equivalent to became a user of the infrastructure near Montreal that may make it hard for the Conservatives to back out of it. But I don't think that is part of the plan.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada