HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Transportation

Old Posted Oct 5, 2021, 7:40 PM
Registered (Nimby Ab)User

Location: At a computer, wasting my life on a skyscraper website
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nouvellecosse View Post
Seattle transit is very popular with some!

Video Link
Reese is a forum member btw! he posts more in the geography sections

I heard the UN is moving its HQ there. The eiffel tower is moving there soon as well. Elon Musk even decided he didnt want to go to mars anymore after visiting.

Old Posted Oct 5, 2021, 11:37 PM
Sex Marxist of Notleygrad

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbermingham123 View Post
He's easily our nations best transit blogger and I subscribe to his channel. Totally worth it! I hope a few more higher ups in Ottawa would give his shows a listen though since they're the ones who need to hear it the most. And of course Biden too with his legendary love of trains.

Old Posted Oct 6, 2021, 12:45 AM
Volatile Pacivist

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbermingham123 View Post
He often posts links to his videos in the Canada section but I assumed he just joined the forum to publicize the channel. I didn't know he had other forum participation.

Old Posted Apr 29, 2022, 5:08 PM

Well this isn't good.

Sound Transit Eastside light rail project delayed

Quote:
BELLEVUE, Wash. — Sound Transit's light rail extension project connecting Seattle to the Eastside is experiencing more delays.

The 14-mile-long, $3.6 billion East Link project is planned to have 10 stations from Seattle’s Chinatown-International District to Redmond. The extension was scheduled to open in the summer of 2023, but Sound Transit officials said a number of factors could push the date back.

Old Posted Apr 29, 2022, 7:42 PM
Never Dell

The teamsters strike really screwed a lot of projects in this region (specifically King County). It's over now, as the teamsters basically gave up after 14 weeks or whatever.

Then add some issues with the rail projects themselves...

Old Posted Apr 30, 2022, 1:06 PM

For some reason I feel like there is less info out there about Seattle’s system then others - as far as expansion goes. Or maybe I’m missing out. So a few questions…

Does anyone have a map for what the system will look like when ST3 is completed? A map without the Commuter Rail line and BRTs. Just the LRT services - will they be color coded, numbers, letters?….

Also - if I’m reading right the Tacoma line will be a separate line? So raiders will have to get off in Tacoma and jump on a new line? Why not have one continuous line going through Tacoma?

How many of the new ST3 stations will be SUBWAY stations?

Old Posted Apr 30, 2022, 4:54 PM
Never Dell

Here's Sound Transit's current system: https://www.soundtransit.org/get-to-know-us/maps

The largest agency is actually King County Metro, which operates most buses (including some semi-BRT, with more coming) and two streetcars. Current system: https://kingcounty.gov/depts/transpo...ps/system.aspx

Sound Transit's expansion is outlined here. Current light rail expansions will go north and south (on the existing line) and east (co-locating on the existing line for a big segment). Future light rail expansions will to northwest (Ballard) and Southwest (West Seattle). They're also phasing in improvements to the existing north and south commuter lines, such as platform expansions to handle 10-car trains going south. https://www.soundtransit.org/system-expansion

Tacoma has a streetcar they call light rail. It's built for short streetcars, not 380' Seattle trains. It's operating in an initial segment, and a second segment will open next year with a switchback up the big hill the core city is built on. (Personally I hope they keep the current express buses to Seattle, which travel at freeway speeds, currently beat commuter rail, and will beat light rail.)

Back on Seattle's Link Light Rail, two subway stations opened in October, but they're the last for a while. Current construction includes two tunnel segments on East Link, one using the existing I-90 tunnel and the other a new tunnel in Downtown Bellevue, but the stations are just outside the tunnels. The next phases (ST3) will include a third train tunnel through Downtown Seattle for the West Seattle to Ballard Link Expansion.

Confusing enough?

Old Posted Mar 14, 2023, 6:04 PM
Show me the blueprints

There is no goodness in him, and his power to convince people otherwise is beyond understanding

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Transportation