HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Southwest

Old Posted Aug 16, 2022, 10:10 PM
Modulator

Phoenix | X Roosevelt | 234 FT | 19 Floors

Steady flow of permitting coming through now. Adding this one to our upcoming tower projects and should be on time for ground-breaking by end of year

I don't have any real renderings yet, but this is what I last had from my RR. Will update as soon as I find some better renderings.

Edit: Corrected height of X Phoenix. It will be 234', not 245'.

Last edited by CrestedSaguaro; Aug 17, 2022 at 6:48 PM.

Old Posted Aug 16, 2022, 10:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrestedSaguaro View Post
Steady flow of permitting coming through now. Adding this one to our upcoming tower projects and should be on time for ground-breaking by end of year

I don't have any real renderings yet, but this is what I last had from my RR. Will update as soon as I find some better renderings.

what were the cross streets of this guy? Pretty boring but solid infill.

Old Posted Aug 16, 2022, 10:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obadno View Post
what were the cross streets of this guy? Pretty boring but solid infill.
NEC of 2nd Ave and Fillmore (just north of the existing NAC apartments).

Old Posted Aug 17, 2022, 4:03 AM
Skyriser

It's slated for the dirt lot there. The parking lot is not part of the project...that's parking for the community college area on the other side of the alley. Now *that's* a hole to be filled...

Old Posted Aug 17, 2022, 4:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by combusean View Post
It's slated for the dirt lot there. The parking lot is not part of the project...that's parking for the community college area on the other side of the alley. Now *that's* a hole to be filled...
That Phoenix College building is actually a fairly nice scaled historic building, which unfortunately had a terrible renovation at some point (haven't they almost all?). If it only had the original windows, this is the type of building that blends well (IMO) and nicely offsets the new projects coming.

https://www.google.com/maps/@33.4561...7i16384!8i8192

But man, once First McKinley, X Roosevelt, 601 N. Central and Astra (fingers crossed) are built, this stretch is going to be awesome and really expand the core. The remaining portions that still aren't great will likely get some action.

Old Posted Aug 17, 2022, 4:20 PM
Skyriser

That building has not been identified by the city as historic. I wouldn't have guessed that it predates 1930 from the aerials, but it looks like they really did a number on it in the 50s or 60s.

Phoenix isn't at the point where semi-forgettable lowrises like that should be demolished for progress, but I wouldn't shed a tear if it were. Maybe there's some hidden history i'm missing.

Old Posted Aug 17, 2022, 4:28 PM

No Pool? Or just not in the renderings yet?

Old Posted Aug 17, 2022, 5:35 PM
Skyriser

If this is an X building I believe their residents can use the one at Society.

Old Posted Aug 17, 2022, 6:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASUSunDevil View Post
No Pool? Or just not in the renderings yet?
Originally there wasn't, but they now have a pool/amenity deck on top of the exposed garage in the SE corner of the building.

Old Posted Aug 17, 2022, 6:28 PM
Modulator

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndyAZ View Post
Originally there wasn't, but they now have a pool/amenity deck on top of the exposed garage in the SE corner of the building.
Hey Indy, do you have some updated renderings available? If so, I can post them at the top of this thread.

Old Posted Aug 17, 2022, 6:33 PM

I don't know if anything has been produced outside of the original rendering which was devoid of the parking garage levels, but the façade has remained essentially the same.

This is still the most current but is only 16 stories and is missing the 3 levels of parking garage that were added.

Old Posted Aug 18, 2022, 3:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndyAZ View Post
Smart move to add one IMO - big draw for younger tenants. Thanks for the info.

Old Posted Nov 9, 2022, 8:20 PM

Renders

I found this render on The X Deck website not sure if it's been posted here before

https://xdeck.thexlife.co/

Old Posted Nov 9, 2022, 9:14 PM
Modulator

The updated design includes a parking podium. So it will be taller than the rendering above.

Old Posted Dec 22, 2022, 9:20 PM
Modulator

A couple of construction vehicles and a water truck are onsite. Looks like they may start prep-work soon.

Old Posted Dec 22, 2022, 10:14 PM
Skyriser

Well that's an unexpected but welcome surprise.

Things have slowed down, but it's nice that there's some sustainable level of product regularly coming out.

Old Posted Dec 22, 2022, 10:42 PM

We might have like 5 projects going up at the same time within a few block radius!

Old Posted Dec 30, 2022, 1:27 AM

Building Permit was issued yesterday. They are starting work this week to underground the overhead electric lines in the alley. Apparently the utility work will not impede the start of drilling foundation, and that work will commence early January.

Old Posted Feb 7, 2023, 3:16 PM

Chicago developer set to start work on second downtown Phoenix apartment tower

Nothing we already don't know...

https://www.bizjournals.com/phoenix/...roosevelt.html

Quote:
Chicago-based The X Co. — which recently started construction on the second phase of its X Phoenix multifamily project in downtown Phoenix — plans to break ground nearby this spring on X Roosevelt.

With 506 beds spanning 20 stories, the first phase of X Phoenix is nearly 100% full, said Ben Brichta, partner of The X Co., which has 11 communities in the pipeline across the country. Construction on the second phase started about six months ago, he said.

Phase two of X Phoenix, which will add another 592 beds over 25 stories, is expected to be completed within two years, he said.

The $100 million project spans a full city block, bounded by Van Buren Street on the north, Second Avenue on the east, Monroe Street on the south and Third Avenue on the west.

While the apartment community includes traditional apartment units, a portion includes a "rent by bedroom" co-living program, where tenants are only responsible for their share of rents and utilities.

Clayco Inc., which took over the general contracting job after Katerra Inc. shuttered its doors in late 2021, also will serve as general contractor for phase two, Brichta said. In October 2021, Chicago-based Clayco moved its residential business unit headquarters to Phoenix.

However, Brichta said he's changing it up for X Roosevelt.

St. Louis-based Brinckmann Constructors has been selected to serve as general contractor for X Roosevelt, Brichta said.

Lamar Johnson Collaborative, which is handling phase two of X Phoenix, also will serve as architect for X Roosevelt, he said.

X Roosevelt will be 19 stories
X Roosevelt will include 400 beds spanning 19 stories on vacant land at 625 N. 2nd Ave. in Phoenix.

"We just see the writing on the wall for what the future of Phoenix looks like," Brichta said. "I've been coming here every couple of weeks for the last five years. The difference in what downtown looks and feels like compared with when I was coming five years ago is totally insane."

The apartment sector can't build enough units in downtown Phoenix to satisfy the demand over the next five to 10 years, he said.

"It's so clear that downtown is going to continue to grow and develop and be the place where young people want to live — not just young people, but a lot of people," Brichta said.

Connie Jiang, a project designer with Shepley Bulfinch, was the design/architect firm for phase one of X Phoenix. She said X Phoenix is helping to revitalize the downtown area.

"For the longest time, downtown Phoenix was a ghost town after business hours," Jiang said. "Now that Arizona State University is down there, if you go to ASU, now you have a reason to stay after you graduate. There are more employment opportunities. It's fun and it's a really good draw for Phoenix."

Old Posted Jun 13, 2023, 2:14 AM

Apparently this was delayed because some of the financing fell through at the 11th hour. However, the good news is they got new financing and have all permits in hand and will mobilize late July and start full construction the 1st week of August. Still working on some early utility relocations in the meantime.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Southwest