HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Southwest

Old Posted Dec 2, 2022, 1:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by combusean View Post
I didn't realize Park Central was getting this.
There was an article a few months back saying they would open this winter. I don't see much progress, but the new navigation signs in the parking lot have arrows pointing to EoS, although they are rather confusing and seem to go in a circle since there is no sign up yet no the building.

Old Posted Dec 22, 2022, 7:39 PM

Park Central Hotel

They started to clear the site for the new hotel at Park Central this week.

https://flic.kr/p/2o7knNu

Old Posted Mar 31, 2023, 4:37 PM

Been a while but news on Park Central further development:

Wed seen the proposal but not timeline, wish it was faster. Also the Hotel portion is a few floors up and the new retail looks set to open

Quote:
At Park Central, Dinerstein is opening its 278-unit Aspire Park Central, with plans to begin construction on another 338-unit apartment community on that campus by mid 2024, Vasbinder said.

To be called 3rd & Flower, that eight-story apartment community will be built on a 2.5-acre parcel on the back side of Park Central at 3rd Avenue and Flower Street, Vasbinder said.

Park Central is home to Creighton University's $100 million Health Sciences Campus, with a 204-room Hilton Hotel under construction at Park Central, said Betts.

Old Posted Mar 31, 2023, 5:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obadno View Post
Been a while but news on Park Central further development:

Wed seen the proposal but not timeline, wish it was faster. Also the Hotel portion is a few floors up and the new retail looks set to open

By mid 2024? Ummm, maybe they mean to have complete by then? Also what retail are u referring to? The Starbucks is open already actually and the Pool Boy Taco should be opening soon

Old Posted Apr 1, 2023, 7:00 AM

Love how that monstrous garage will at least be hidden on a couple sides. The view from central looks great.

Old Posted Apr 1, 2023, 7:07 PM

So this is where that Hampton Inn is right? So I guess they are tearing that down?

Old Posted Apr 1, 2023, 7:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJPHXskyscraperfan View Post
So this is where that Hampton Inn is right? So I guess they are tearing that down?
The Hampton Inn is staying put as far as I know its not part of park Central, That angle is the corner of 3rd Ave and Earl, Basically the view from the Emergency Room door of St Joes. facing Northeast

Old Posted Apr 2, 2023, 6:48 AM

Quote:
The Hampton Inn is staying put as far as I know its not part of park Central, That angle is the corner of 3rd Ave and Earl, Basically the view from the Emergency Room door of St Joes. facing Northeast
Ok, so that must be a new parking garage then.

Old Posted May 22, 2023, 5:47 PM

Do any of our permit searchers know what’s going on with the old holiday inn at Osborn and 2nd ave? They are doing work there and have had an on site crane now for several days but I don’t recall hearing about any sort of conversion or new hotel moving in.

Old Posted May 24, 2023, 4:29 AM

Quote:
Do any of our permit searchers know what’s going on with the old holiday inn at Osborn and 2nd ave? They are doing work there and have had an on site crane now for several days but I don’t recall hearing about any sort of conversion or new hotel moving in.
Hopefully it’s a nice remodel. A lot of potential with the big windows there. They closed like a year ago or so, it said due to repairs.

Old Posted Aug 23, 2023, 5:16 PM

Barrow Neurological Institute to lease laboratory space @ Park Central bioscience hub

https://www.bizjournals.com/phoenix/...ience-hub.html

Quote:
Barrow Neurological Institute plans to build a 10,000-square-foot dry laboratory at Park Central, which recently received the designation as the city of Phoenix's third bioscience research hub.

Park Central's bioscience hub is called the Phoenix Medical Quarter, Global Advancement of Health and Education.

It is home to Creighton University's medical school and Alliant International University's inaugural nursing program, both of which plan future expansions on that campus.

Now, Peoria-based Plaza Cos. and Tucson-based Holualoa Cos. are planning to develop the 10,000-square-foot dry laboratory in the Lieb Building at Park Central — between Barrow's main campus on Third Avenue and Thomas Road and Creighton University Medical School.

To be called the Barrow Neuro Analytics Center, the new center will provide training for students from Creighton Medical School, Arizona State University and the University of Arizona College of Medicine in an effort to increase research capacity in the Phoenix metro.

The laboratory will house offices and workstations as well as conference and common spaces for students. The goal for that space is to foster collaboration among the 56 full-time employees and 16 student trainees.

Barrow scientists will conduct research in a variety of areas, including environmental epidemiology, advanced neuroimaging, global health, neurologic drug development, health services, health equity and data science focusing on administrative data and electronic health record research.

When fully occupied, the new center will house eight to 10 principal investigators, each of whom will have their own support staff to create a neurological disease research center of excellence.

Phoenix Bioscience Core at Seventh and Van Buren streets in downtown Phoenix and Discovery Oasis on the Mayo Clinic hospital campus in north Phoenix are the other two bioscience hubs within Phoenix.

Meanwhile, Plaza Cos., Holualoa and Phoenix officials are working with Grand Canyon University hotel operator Fayth Hospitality to launch a new program to offer hospitality workers hands-on training at the 204-room Hilton Hotel scheduled to open in 2024.

Old Posted Sep 7, 2023, 4:31 PM

https://www.bizjournals.com/phoenix/...-approves.html

Approval for Central & Indian School

Old Posted Nov 14, 2023, 9:59 PM

Anyone know what's going on with the restaurant pad at 7th ave on Osborn across from Mi patio?

its been empty for at least a decade about the size of a chilies or Applebee's type restaurant. I noticed it is now under some form of renovation. Hoping for a new bar or something that empty corner attracts riff raff.

Old Posted Nov 15, 2023, 3:58 PM

Quote:
Anyone know what's going on with the restaurant pad at 7th ave on Osborn across from Mi patio?

its been empty for at least a decade about the size of a chilies or Applebee's type restaurant. I noticed it is now under some form of renovation. Hoping for a new bar or something that empty corner attracts riff raff.
There have been a couple of items going through permitting on that building. 2021 and 2022 there were a few permits associated with a restaurant (Dave's Hot Chicken), but the last update I see is from November 2022 where they were attempting to appeal a DSD decision. Since there was nothing further, I'd bet they did successfully appeal it (and that it was outdoor dining, alcoholic beverage sales and/or drive thru decisions that was not allowed). I'm sure there's more info out there, but I suspect that effort has ceased.

More recently, August 2023, it looks like the new plan is for there to be a WSS Shoe Warehouse at that corner. Not... what I would have wanted. The Building Permit for WSS looks to encompass the entire building (permit remodel of 10,300 s.f. and the country records have that corner building at 10,500 s.f.), so betting it'll be only the Shoe Store. Permit does call for exterior remodel as well, so we'll see what it looks like in the end I suppose.

Old Posted Nov 17, 2023, 4:27 PM

Wss hiring banner now up on the building

Better than being abandoned but I would have really preferred a restaurant

Old Posted Nov 20, 2023, 5:01 PM

Quote:
Wss hiring banner now up on the building

Better than being abandoned but I would have really preferred a restaurant
Kind of a weird building for retail but we need more retail in the area! And shoes are still something people want to try on to make sure they are comfy. We have enough restaurants….

Old Posted Nov 20, 2023, 7:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJPHXskyscraperfan View Post
Kind of a weird building for retail but we need more retail in the area! And shoes are still something people want to try on to make sure they are comfy. We have enough restaurants….
Sure would be nice to see more oyster bars downtown or midtown.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Southwest