HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations

Old Posted May 1, 2007, 2:05 AM
HERO

ummm.. call me stupid but im new at this and i accidently added these 2 posts and i couldnt figure out how to delete them. could someone let me know? thx

How do i delete this?

Last edited by Plompy Lfeata; May 1, 2007 at 10:38 PM.

Old Posted May 1, 2007, 5:49 AM

the DIFC tower has (3?) big 'ole wind turbines in the top section there.

Old Posted May 3, 2007, 6:23 AM
You got a sense of place?

Can anyone help me find current news and photos for Dubai Marina District with all it's present and future supertalls?

Old Posted May 3, 2007, 8:36 AM
Rrrraaaahhhhh!!!!!

Thread on supertalls in the marina here

Old Posted May 3, 2007, 3:39 PM
Endless Moments...

Quote:
Originally Posted by malec View Post
400m, 66-storey tower for DIFC (a cheater but the extra height is there for a reason other than ego boosting).

I do like this building. It's different...

Old Posted May 3, 2007, 5:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagnumMike View Post
Let's face it, we - The United States are helping those Aye-Rabs build up their wealth and their skylines - We're paying higher gas prices, and they're building taller skyscrapers. Think about that the next time you fill up your gas tank and let's wonder about how much of the $3.00+ per gallon we're paying right now is going to those extravigant projects. These people don't want to live a comfortable and wealthy life, they want to live in excess by squeezing as much money out of the European Union and the United States. If they charged $30.00 a barrel for oil, they'd still be able to create the economic wealth for themselves, but unfortunately, they, like the rest of the OPEC nations, are getting greedy. I'd love to see the day when we are totally reliant on our own oil from the northern end of Alaska, which scientists say we have enough reserves to last us for about 40 to 60 years. All we need is politicians in Washington to have the guts to say we don't need your oil anymore and bring that kind of wealth here to the United States.

Without oil these people would still be living in tents and riding camels.
Mind ur language

Oil prices are still the most under rated/priced material, even mineral water and coke are more expensive than oil. It should go over $500 for a barrel

Old Posted May 4, 2007, 8:18 PM
The Space Pope

I wasn't gonna say anything but then again aw what the hell.........using the term Aye-Rab was really uncalled for MagnumMike, and not just because it's offensive and derogatory either. I can only imagine someone shoeless in stained overalls chewing snuff on a rotting porch in the Appalachians spewing filth like this......probably done for effect but still so fucking ignorant and the comment was worthless. I too have been frustrated with the events of the past years but how does that involve an entire culture and people. I appreciate and love Arab culture and don't let my judgement and perception become clouded by bigotry. And by the way we also contribute to the wealth of other questionable leaders: Hugo Chavez (dipshit), and Vladimir Putin to name a few. Also if we completely stopped buying oil from the Mideast, the Chinese would still be willing to buy even from Satan himself to fuel its ginormous appetite (see how they defend Sudan's leadership since it supplies oil to them threatening to veto any action against them).

Anyway this has nothing to do with Dubai, so I guess I'm sorry.

Old Posted May 7, 2007, 2:43 AM
ATXer

How tall is the Marina 101?

Old Posted May 7, 2007, 12:45 PM
FriskyDingo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Complex01 View Post
I do like this building. It's different...

Holy crap do i see some small and medium sized buildings in Dubai??? I thought this was against the law or something.

Old Posted Jun 12, 2007, 4:12 AM

I noticed the babes in the picture up above. I have to admit I get confused. Showing the face and all that skin is considered obscene, right? It's equivalent to a stripper on a stage with pasties and a pole in the U.S. Will the women be stoned when they leave the building and enter the public street?

Old Posted Jun 12, 2007, 6:08 AM
THAT Guy

^Is this a joke?

Old Posted Jun 12, 2007, 7:42 AM
designer&stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sight-Seer View Post
I noticed the babes in the picture up above. I have to admit I get confused. Showing the face and all that skin is considered obscene, right? It's equivalent to a stripper on a stage with pasties and a pole in the U.S. Will the women be stoned when they leave the building and enter the public street?
It's Dubai, not Saudi Arabia.
“Most planning of the past fifteen years has been based upon three destructive fallacies: the cataclysmic insists upon tearing everything down in order to design from an absolutely clean slate; the automotive would plan for the free passage of the automobile at the expense of all other values; the suburban dislikes the city anyway and would just as soon destroy its density and strew it across the countryside.” Vince Scully

Old Posted Jun 12, 2007, 9:55 AM

^^ Even in Saudi Arabia they wouldn't be stoned for such thing, they will only be harassed by the religious police

Old Posted Jun 17, 2007, 12:15 AM
BANNED

Quote:
Let's face it, we - The United States are helping those Aye-Rabs build up their wealth and their skylines - We're paying higher gas prices, and they're building taller skyscrapers. Think about that the next time you fill up your gas tank and let's wonder about how much of the $3.00+ per gallon we're paying right now is going to those extravigant projects. These people don't want to live a comfortable and wealthy life, they want to live in excess by squeezing as much money out of the European Union and the United States. If they charged $30.00 a barrel for oil, they'd still be able to create the economic wealth for themselves, but unfortunately, they, like the rest of the OPEC nations, are getting greedy. I'd love to see the day when we are totally reliant on our own oil from the northern end of Alaska, which scientists say we have enough reserves to last us for about 40 to 60 years. All we need is politicians in Washington to have the guts to say we don't need your oil anymore and bring that kind of wealth here to the United States.

You're a fucking idiot.

Go fall off a cliff.

Old Posted Aug 3, 2007, 2:48 PM
Rrrraaaahhhhh!!!!!

I updated the status of the towers in this thread. Don't think there are any new ones but a lot of the marina ones have started proper contruction (ie, beyond the foundation slab). 460m regent hotel has been canned and the big ben replica is being redesigned

Old Posted Aug 11, 2007, 7:47 PM

I will help updating:

Dubai's projects over next decade total USD 310 billion

The value of projects either planned or under way in Dubai will total $310,000 million over the next decade, according to The Dubai Real Estate Report 2007 launched by the Middle East Economic Digest (MEED)."Of this, close to $230,000 million, equivalent to almost three-quarters of the total, is planned in the property sector", added the in-depth report which provides insight into supply and demand trends in the Emirate's booming property sector.Dubai's real estate and business services, said the report, have recorded average growth of 25 per cent a year, driven in large part by government-empowered developers,.............. click here to continue.

Old Posted Aug 13, 2007, 2:00 AM

Quote:
I'd love to see the day when we are totally reliant on our own oil from the northern end of Alaska, which scientists say we have enough reserves to last us for about 40 to 60 years.
Will never happen. Better hope for more green buildings, more solar collectors and the inventiveness of those at Boeing who think they can build a zero-emissions airplane within 25 years.

Old Posted Aug 13, 2007, 2:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigKidD View Post
It's Dubai, not Saudi Arabia.
You mean there are Jews in the country?

Old Posted Aug 13, 2007, 9:32 AM

Quote:

true....once oil runs out, they will be desperatley depending on tourism to fund these gigantic projects and their city. also within 15 years or maybe less there will be an alternative to oil, so most of the middle east wont have anything to offer (dubai is an exception)

Old Posted Aug 14, 2007, 7:31 PM

All of the kingdoms are looking to diversify, and they seem to envision themselves as either tourist spots or second/retirement homes for European ex-pats.

Of course, with European residents come European social mores. Hope they're ready for that...

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations