HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Transportation

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next

Old Posted Dec 7, 2022, 6:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmecklenborg View Post
I like this concept. I had the idea myself, years ago, to express the silver line from East Falls into the district. The only flaw I see in your description is that if the Yellow Line is to be deleted from the map, the Silver Line can't interline at all with the Green Line tracks through L'Enfant Plaza. There would have to be a separate platform built in its own station box somewhere adjacent or below the existing station box.
The Silver would run paralell to the Green, but not *with* it. Something akin to how both the (7) and 42st Shuttle both run under 42nd st without sharing anything.

Quote:
Having the Silver take over the Yellow would enable the Green line to be forked toward either terminus, if there are any viable expansions, enabling the yellow color to return.
On it. With the current Green Line all by itself, a new "Yellow" would break off after Columbia Heights and run up 16th St NW to Silver Spring, then along US 29 to Columbia, MD. On the southern end, I'd extend the Green down MD 5 to Waldorf with the Yellow splitting off before Naylor Rd to serve National Harbor.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Transportation