HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Southwest

Old Posted Feb 21, 2022, 10:44 PM
Skyriser

^ 200 unit multifamily, case number is PL200239 you can google because Tempe hates direct links to their documents website.

Old Posted Feb 21, 2022, 10:50 PM

Thank you for the info.

Old Posted Feb 21, 2022, 11:03 PM

Old Posted Feb 22, 2022, 3:35 PM

https://www.azcentral.com/story/news...ll/6853015001/

Quote:
A development team's early renderings show how they want to restore Tempe’s iconic Hayden Flour Mill with several new buildings and a “sensitive” restoration of the mill and silos.

The plans envision restaurant and retail-anchored ground floor suites across several buildings, including the five-story mill. The upper floors could be converted into offices.

Visitors could grab a drink, listen to live music or shop at outdoor markets on planned green space throughout the property at Mill Avenue and Rio Salado Parkway.
Quote:
The mill could feature ground-floor retail and dining, office space on the upper floors and the roof could be used for events. The seven silos, each 10 stories tall, would be preserved to house a restaurant, host events and for education purposes, with developers eyeing a museum.

Preliminary plans show developers want to build up to 27,000-square-feet of new development spread out across six new buildings up to two stories tall.

One building, along Mill Avenue, would be anchored by a restaurant and a larger building along Rio Salado Parkway could see multiple dining and office tenants.

Venue Projects and Sunbelt Holdings said the new buildings are "secondary, subordinate in scale" to the mill and silos to ensure the historic buildings continue being the focal point of the property, according to the bid.
Quote:
The team said their vision for the project was inspired by the restoration of industrial sites like the American Tobacco Campus in Durham, North Carolina, and Magnolia Silos in Waco, Texas, into mixed-use spaces.

The Tempe property will be redeveloped in two to three phases with the first phase anticipated to be completed in the next three-and-a-half years, according to the proposal.

Old Posted Feb 22, 2022, 3:57 PM

Old Posted Feb 22, 2022, 10:11 PM

Pic from novus FB page

Old Posted Feb 23, 2022, 5:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by muertecaza View Post
Impressive project if they pull it off. Would be nice to see some office space also go up here too - but betting that is for the lots not up on the lake. (those details could be in that giant doc - but I skimmed it) Impressive renders with the Pier twin towers - if this all happens would be nice to see all 5 towers in a row there on the lake.

Old Posted Feb 23, 2022, 3:10 PM

Red zoning sign for 3rd St./Priest apartments.

Old Posted Feb 23, 2022, 3:56 PM

Big Surf seemed to be successful hosting events like edm concerts, I am surprised they don't keep the wave pool to host the events and redevelop the perimeter.

Price and Baseline will be a 4 story apartment development that was covered a few pages back.

Also looks like there is a proposal for an apartment development at the Emerald Center east of the Starbucks, south of the Target Furniture office. Pretty big parcel but I have a feeling it will be a lackluster garden apartment development. Maybe something from Mark Taylor.

Old Posted Feb 24, 2022, 6:34 AM

Tempe approves apartment complex geared toward working from home

Quote:
The Dwell:Work@Home Community was approved in a 7-0 vote during the Feb. 10 city council meeting. Boasting 129 units of studio and one-bedroom apartments, the complex will be geared toward the workforce and especially those who work from home.

The project at 430 South Farmer Avenue is being developed by Holualoa Cos., which has offices in Phoenix, Tucson, Los Angeles, Paris and Kailua-Kona, Hawaii.
Quote:
Originally Posted by azsunsurfer View Post
Also looks like there is a proposal for an apartment development at the Emerald Center east of the Starbucks, south of the Target Furniture office. Pretty big parcel but I have a feeling it will be a lackluster garden apartment development. Maybe something from Mark Taylor.
I've been saying for years that parcel was going to become apartments. About time.

Next big retail center parcel to keep an eye on would be Tempe Marketplace for the Sam's Club that has yet to make any traction aside from a fence the past few years. I'm willing to bet it ends up as a Costco (hope) or another hotel/apartment at some point.

ETA:

Was reviewing the DRC for South Pier linked above, and came across this:

Quote:
The mixed-use development site known as The Villas at Southbank adjoining the Site to the west planned for a 17-story senior living facility and a two-story commercial building;
Which led me to google and I found this:

https://www.apartmenthomeliving.com/...-85281-6098425

Has this been mentioned previously? I'm scratching my head at this one... I've seen the fence up for the longest but it was being used for storing the materials for ISTB7 for a while. This is the render on the website:

Going down a rabbit hole tonight since it seems a lot of developments are slipping past us somehow and the city map has not been updated to reflect current construction but looks like Hilo is prepping to start construction soon. Site is live and leasing is going to start soon, see the 2022 copyright at the bottom of the page: https://www.hilotempe.com/

I think Haven at Apache was mentioned previously, but I'm not sure... here's the render:

More renders here: https://www.edi-international.com/haven-at-apache

Cornerstone is undergoing construction currently. I'm not sure what exactly will all be done but I'm assuming we should expect a lighter grey brick tone and black accents similar to what Trader Joe's looks like.

There is also going to be a Press Coffee built at 100 Mill, and a brewery being built near the 202/Scottsdale Rd off ramp.

And Milhaus @ Apache is now titled Apache? Milhaus taps McShane Construction for 219-unit multifamily build in Tempe

Quote:
McShane Construction Company is again building for Milhaus within the municipal bounds of Tempe at a new site coined, Apache, a new 219-unit luxury multifamily development.

“We’re thrilled to work on another project in Tempe with Milhaus,” said Senior Vice President at McShane, Jim Kurtzman, in a prepared statement. “Located in an Opportunity Zone, Apache will bring luxury apartments to Tempe’s rapidly growing Cultural District.”

Atop a 4.5-acre site at 2125 E. Apache Blvd., the “Opportunity Zone” development will incorporate two four-story, wood-frame buildings. The exterior façade systems will feature a mix of stucco, fiber cement board, standing seam, and brick veneer, according to a press release.

Last edited by skiesthelimit; Feb 24, 2022 at 7:39 AM.

Old Posted Feb 24, 2022, 6:18 PM

South Pier Approved

Old Posted Feb 24, 2022, 6:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by skiesthelimit View Post
Going down a rabbit hole tonight since it seems a lot of developments are slipping past us somehow and the city map has not been updated to reflect current construction but looks like Hilo is prepping to start construction soon. Site is live and leasing is going to start soon, see the 2022 copyright at the bottom of the page: https://www.hilotempe.com/

There is also going to be a Press Coffee built at 100 Mill, and a brewery being built near the 202/Scottsdale Rd off ramp.
Great news about Hilo. Also, love the new brewery news. Details below.

https://mouthbysouthwest.com/2022/02...a-this-summer/

Old Posted Feb 24, 2022, 7:25 PM
Modulator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.RE View Post
It is me or is Tempe going to start looking like a Mini-Miami?

Old Posted Feb 24, 2022, 7:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrestedSaguaro View Post
It is me or is Tempe going to start looking like a Mini-Miami?
Stubby South Beach has a better ring to it

Old Posted Feb 25, 2022, 6:33 PM

Yes that senior tower has been in the works for years. ASU originally was going to work with the developer to brand that development as Mirabella but chose to develop the Chili's lot instead with a different developer. I believe this developer is still moving forward without ASU's commitment.

Old Posted Mar 3, 2022, 5:38 PM

There was an agenda item on the Joint Review Committee meeting that was scheduled for yesterday but was cancelled.

Topic was for "Novus Parcel 3G – Proposed New Multi-Family Development". For you ASU Football fans, I think this was the lone remaining grassy area where you could tailgate LOL it's Lot 4 (Grass)...right next to Verde Dickey Dome.

Hopefully it gets rescheduled soon and get to see some renderings. Nice to see Novus Corridor starting to build out on the other side of Rural Rd.

Old Posted Mar 4, 2022, 3:17 PM

$125 million Omni Tempe hotel on track for 2023 opening

The Omni has officially topped out.

https://www.bizjournals.com/phoenix/...3-opening.html
Quote:
After the Covid-19 pandemic delayed construction, the $125 million Omni Tempe Hotel at Arizona State University is on track to be open around May of 2023.

The hotel “topped out” on Thursday, meaning the last beam was placed in the structure. Construction officially began on the hotel, located at Mill Avenue and University Drive in Tempe, in September.

“The original timeline had us being very close to open (by now) had it not been for the pandemic,” Dan Piotrowski, senior vice president of operations for Omni Hotels & Resorts, said. “When the pandemic hit, we talked to our partners at ASU and the city and hit pause on the project.”

Old Posted Mar 4, 2022, 3:30 PM
Skyriser

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASU Diablo View Post
There was an agenda item on the Joint Review Committee meeting that was scheduled for yesterday but was cancelled.

Topic was for "Novus Parcel 3G – Proposed New Multi-Family Development". For you ASU Football fans, I think this was the lone remaining grassy area where you could tailgate LOL it's Lot 4 (Grass)...right next to Verde Dickey Dome.

Hopefully it gets rescheduled soon and get to see some renderings. Nice to see Novus Corridor starting to build out on the other side of Rural Rd.
https://www.novusasu.com/plan/

Seems like they've been pretty much sticking to their original designs for the stuff they've built so maybe this is a good idea of what the next phases of development will look like.

Old Posted Mar 4, 2022, 6:18 PM

The triangle parking piece south of the Mill has just been listed for sale. Looks like another lot with bite the dust soon.

Old Posted Mar 4, 2022, 6:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FighteroftheNightman View Post
The triangle parking piece south of the Mill has just been listed for sale. Looks like another lot with bite the dust soon.
Perfect spot for a decent sized apartment tower

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Southwest