HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > General Development

Old Posted Sep 15, 2018, 2:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in Chicago View Post
That $800 isn't out of line. Assuming the square footage is correct, that works out to $0.56 per square foot, and that building has door staff. I'm in a sort of similar building without door staff (which is a huge expense) and I'm paying $.54 per square foot, so about the same. That goes to: maintenance of common spaces, interior and exterior, garbage service, RCN 50mpg internet and basic cable, DVR included, payments into a reserve fund. Taxes and insurance on the common spaces, professional management services. Security system and maintenance on 2 elevators. The only special we've had was 10 years ago when we did roof replacement and city-mandated work on the building facade in the same year. The owners pay their own gas and electric - they run under $100 in the cold months, and more in the summer with the AC running.
$800 is insane for a property that you supposedly own. It's like adding rent on top of property taxes and a mortgage.

-Hunter S. Thompson (click for full quote)

Old Posted Sep 17, 2018, 2:15 AM
Urbane observer

Yes, Related tells me they're letting a couple of contractors use the property for staging areas. Those are indeed One Bennett Park panels.

Old Posted Sep 21, 2018, 2:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Downtown View Post
Yes, Related tells me they're letting a couple of contractors use the property for staging areas. Those are indeed One Bennett Park panels.
Makes sense since before they had about 2 acres of staging area but now that they're well into building the park the space available is substantially smaller.

Old Posted Sep 21, 2018, 5:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DePaul Bunyan View Post
$800 is insane for a property that you supposedly own. It's like adding rent on top of property taxes and a mortgage.
What the hell are you renting for $800/mo?

That seems pretty fair for common charges and maintenance to me. I’ve looked at 2 bedrooms in Brooklyn where the monthly maintenance is over $2k.
There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there always has been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that "my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge." - Isaac Asimov

Old Posted Sep 21, 2018, 3:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DePaul Bunyan View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in Chicago View Post
That $800 isn't out of line. Assuming the square footage is correct, that works out to $0.56 per square foot, and that building has door staff. I'm in a sort of similar building without door staff (which is a huge expense) and I'm paying $.54 per square foot, so about the same. That goes to: maintenance of common spaces, interior and exterior, garbage service, RCN 50mpg internet and basic cable, DVR included, payments into a reserve fund. Taxes and insurance on the common spaces, professional management services. Security system and maintenance on 2 elevators. The only special we've had was 10 years ago when we did roof replacement and city-mandated work on the building facade in the same year. The owners pay their own gas and electric - they run under $100 in the cold months, and more in the summer with the AC running.
No, it isn't, did you see the list of stuff that the assessment pays for? My homeowners insurance alone is a fraction of what it was when I owned a house. I added everything up before we moved, and the total outlay is less than we were paying for various services and utilities on the house. A roof replacement on the house cost the equivalent of at leave a couple years assessment on the condo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 10023 View Post

That seems pretty fair for common charges and maintenance to me. I’ve looked at 2 bedrooms in Brooklyn where the monthly maintenance is over $2k.

Old Posted Sep 22, 2018, 12:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 10023 View Post

My girlfriend and I pay $1300 for 2BR/1BA with new hardwood, granite/SS kitchen, in-unit W/D, dishwasher, gas and water included. Jetted soaking tub, big walk-in closet. Over 1000 square feet. Crappy studios and 1BR go for $800-1000/month around here (city and suburbs). I had a big 1BR (not updated) with garage parking for $939 a month back in 2015.

Different priorities I guess. I would never live somewhere with $800 a month in condo/HOA fees.

-Hunter S. Thompson (click for full quote)

Last edited by DePaul Bunyan; Sep 22, 2018 at 12:28 AM.

Old Posted Sep 27, 2018, 12:41 AM

Old Posted Sep 27, 2018, 1:04 AM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoLoop View Post
Anyone got a link beyond the paywall on this.

I swore I was a subscriber to the Trib and Crains.

Not sure why I'm being blocked out.

EDIT never mind I got though.

EDIT again

Nothing new in the link other than Amazon HQ2 re-visiting the site in the best month ever to see Chicago

Its possible HQ2 could be split 2 to 3 ways and see how things go before they totally leave Seattle ala Boeing.

Beasts the shit out of early March.

Old Posted Sep 27, 2018, 1:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoLoop View Post
That's good. I'm curious as to how many other cities they made return trips to..

Old Posted Sep 27, 2018, 1:37 AM
BANNED

God talk about an epic coup if it actually happens.

Old Posted Sep 27, 2018, 2:00 AM
He/his/him. >~<, QED!

It's a relatively good spot as far it goes (a short walk from the Red/Green/Orange Line, and would be a quick/easy shuttle ride from train stations down an extended Wells), but as someone who currently rents in the South Loop and may eventually want to buy something in the area... please go to Lincoln Yards!

Old Posted Sep 27, 2018, 4:18 PM

This would be very interesting for Chicago even if they did something like break the second headquarters up between 2 cities. Take out the states situation and Chicagoland would be a no brainer.

Old Posted Sep 27, 2018, 6:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SIGSEGV View Post
It's a relatively good spot as far it goes (a short walk from the Red/Green/Orange Line, and would be a quick/easy shuttle ride from train stations down an extended Wells), but as someone who currently rents in the South Loop and may eventually want to buy something in the area... please go to Lincoln Yards!
I think this just means you should buy now and cross your fingers a little harder.

Old Posted Oct 30, 2018, 6:21 PM

The 78 is going to be on November's plan commission:
Quote:
A proposed planned development submitted by Roosevelt/Clark Partners, LLC., for the property generally located at 101-213 W. Roosevelt Rd and 1200-1558 S Clark Street. The site is currently zoned DS-3 (Downtown Service); the applicant is proposing to rezone the site to a DX-5 (Downtown Mixed Use), and then to a Waterway Business Residential Planned Development. The proposal will establish four subareas (A, B, C and D) with a maximum of 10,000 dwelling units, allow for the development of several mixed-use buildings, allow for ground floor commercial space, publicly accessible open spaces, riverwalk and accessory parking spaces to be built in multiple phases. The applicant may seek 0.65 in bonus FAR (Floor Area Ratio) per the Neighborhood Opportunity Bonus Program, bringing the total FAR of the project to 5.65 (19686; 25th Ward)
https://www.cityofchicago.org/conten...018_Agenda.pdf

Old Posted Oct 30, 2018, 6:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randomguy34 View Post
The 78 is going to be on November's plan commission:

https://www.cityofchicago.org/conten...018_Agenda.pdf
So that comes to a maximum of 15.2 million sqft of buildings if I'm calculating that correctly. Roughly the size of Hudson Yards but spread out over a much larger site.

Old Posted Oct 30, 2018, 6:50 PM
BANNED

The Plan Commission is releasing coded notifications now....

"A proposed planned developMent submitted by Roosevelt/ClArk Partners, LLC., for the property generally located at 101-213 W. Roosevelt Rd and 1200-1558 S Clark Street. The site is currently ZONed DS-3 (Downtown Service); the applicant is proposing to rezone the site to a DX-5 (Downtown Mixed Use), and then to a Waterway Business Residential Planned Development. The proposal will establish four subareas (A, B, C and D) with a maximum of 10,000 dwelling units, allow for the development of several mixed-use buildings, allow for ground floor commercial space, publicly accessible open spaces, riverwalk and accessory parking spaces to be built in multiple phases. The applicant may seek 0.65 in bonus FAR (Floor Area Ratio) per the Neighborhood Opportunity Bonus Program, bringing the total FAR of the project to 5.65 (19686; 25th Ward)"

Old Posted Oct 30, 2018, 7:02 PM

But seriously though... Right on time for instant approval after the post-election announcement of the Amazon HQ2 location...

Old Posted Oct 30, 2018, 10:24 PM
1st Ward

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyguy_7 View Post

"A proposed planned developMent submitted by Roosevelt/ClArk Partners, LLC., for the property generally located at 101-213 W. Roosevelt Rd and 1200-1558 S Clark Street. The site is currently ZONed DS-3 (Downtown Service); the applicant is proposing to rezone the site to a DX-5 (Downtown Mixed Use), and then to a Waterway Business Residential Planned Development. The proposal will establish four subareas (A, B, C and D) with a maximum of 10,000 dwelling units, allow for the development of several mixed-use buildings, allow for ground floor commercial space, publicly accessible open spaces, riverwalk and accessory parking spaces to be built in multiple phases. The applicant may seek 0.65 in bonus FAR (Floor Area Ratio) per the Neighborhood Opportunity Bonus Program, bringing the total FAR of the project to 5.65 (19686; 25th Ward)"
I see what you did there

Old Posted Oct 30, 2018, 11:31 PM

City certainly is making it rain approvals of huge projects recently with the Trib site, LSE, and now this. LY is the only major thing outstanding that I can think of.

Old Posted Oct 30, 2018, 11:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyguy_7 View Post

LOL this made my day.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > General Development