HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > Proposals

Old Posted Sep 3, 2020, 11:54 PM

Well, I checked too, but nothing to see here folks! However, I think something major is coming that we may not talked about or speculated on. Think around 800 feet is my guess or taller. They need a major trophy building as a grand statement to Schuylkill Yards. Besides, as we know, we are getting near the end of the 10 year tax abatement bonanza, so they have to get 'er done now!.........Or maybe I am being an over-excited YIMBY!

Old Posted Sep 12, 2020, 2:54 AM
User Since 2002

“ Brandywine has also completed the construction design documents and is seeking construction permitting for one new tower on JFK Boulevard, and it has completed design development documents for another. Construction is expected to begin this fall on the 500,000-square-foot West tower, which will consist of mainly residential units with office and retail space on the lower floors. The 750,000-square-foot East tower, which will consist of a mix of large corporate offices, retail space on the ground floor and, possibly, laboratories, will be constructed after the completion of the West tower, pending the closing of a large corporate tenant. Brandywine is planning for and is in the early design stage for a new stand-alone research lab building, with this project likely preceding the start of the East tower. The West tower will take approximately 30 months to complete.”

https://drexel.edu/now/archive/2020/...New-Timelines/

Old Posted Sep 14, 2020, 1:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhillyDreamsReturns View Post
“ Brandywine has also completed the construction design documents and is seeking construction permitting for one new tower on JFK Boulevard, and it has completed design development documents for another. Construction is expected to begin this fall on the 500,000-square-foot West tower, which will consist of mainly residential units with office and retail space on the lower floors. The 750,000-square-foot East tower, which will consist of a mix of large corporate offices, retail space on the ground floor and, possibly, laboratories, will be constructed after the completion of the West tower, pending the closing of a large corporate tenant. Brandywine is planning for and is in the early design stage for a new stand-alone research lab building, with this project likely preceding the start of the East tower. The West tower will take approximately 30 months to complete.”

https://drexel.edu/now/archive/2020/...New-Timelines/
The lab building is the one going next to the supposed supertall correct?

Old Posted Sep 22, 2020, 6:16 PM

Anybody have info on this unveiling? Why post about something coming soon and then just be radio silent on for two weeks. Pretty annoying.

Old Posted Oct 7, 2020, 9:09 AM

Old Posted Oct 7, 2020, 2:07 PM

I wonder when we'll get a 1000' in that area; the abatement is coming to an end soon and there needs to be a catalyst; something that says this is the spot to build and do business; something that moves the area from project stage to interest and reality. I wonder if there is interest enough to generation such a project?

Old Posted Oct 7, 2020, 2:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnIII View Post
I wonder when we'll get a 1000' in that area; the abatement is coming to an end soon and there needs to be a catalyst; something that says this is the spot to build and do business; something that moves the area from project stage to interest and reality. I wonder if there is interest enough to generation such a project?
If i was in control of a company that was considering a move to Schuylkill Yards I don't think a 1000 foot tower means anything to me.

1000 feet moves the needle on this board, but in the real world I'd assume that a handful of smaller buildings filled with tenants would do more to convince people this was a good location to move to.

The 1,000 footer was always viewed as one of the final buildings they would build and I doubt that would change if it's ever built.

Old Posted Oct 12, 2020, 1:17 AM
Philly Rising Up!

peek a boo on Spark:

Untitled by iheartphilly iheartphilly, on Flickr

Last edited by iheartphilly; Oct 12, 2020 at 3:04 AM.

Old Posted Oct 12, 2020, 3:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnIII View Post
The 10 year tax abatement is for residential buildings. And it will be along time before a 1000' apartment or condo tower is built here in Philly. Plus it might be a long time before then is a need for a 1000' tower of any sorts, unless Comcast changes directions.

Old Posted Jan 11, 2021, 5:32 PM

The Bulletin Building Nears Completion

Read/view more here:
https://phillyyimby.com/2021/01/the-...ladelphia.html

Old Posted Jan 12, 2021, 2:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by summersm343 View Post
The Bulletin Building Nears Completion

So, uh, when are we fixing JFK? Is it still being turned into a woonerf? I know a lot of construction is planned and most street improvements will wait until it's complete, but would love to see this corner cleaned up nowish.

Old Posted Feb 3, 2021, 11:24 PM
Midrise

Quote:
Originally Posted by thoughtcriminal View Post
Looks like 3025 JFK Blvd is ready to break ground:

[STOLEN INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY OMITTED]
If you're going to illegally copy and paste an entire Philadelphia Business Journal article, you should probably at least credit the source. Or on the other hand, you probably shouldn't do that at all.

Old Posted Feb 15, 2021, 3:45 PM

Build it and they will come....

It has been quite some time since I have posted on here.... I read all of the threads related to in and around the city of Philadelphia.

With that said, I have been following the development of University City and also Schuykill Yards as well. One thing I have not heard discussed is trying to get a number of Venture Capital Firms like an Andreessen Horowitz (proven and established VC firms) and let them set up shop in University City. The money is there, the entrepreneurs follow into University City to set-up shop. Partnerships with the Eds and Meds will proliferate and then expand into other types of industry areas.

If we can't get Apple to set-up their 2nd US HQ here, Amazon, etc. why not go after these firms that have money and let growth occur that way? Gerry Sweeney at Brandywine Realty Trust was onto something from a vision for this part of Philadelphia....Take the next step.

Old Posted Mar 12, 2021, 6:23 PM

Sorry to bump with no true information, but while doing some research into this project i cam across this, https://www.skyscrapercenter.com/bui...1-market/26938
Im not sure how up-to-date it is as it still shows the initial renderings for Schuylkill yards, but if it is in anyway correct, it looks like they still hope to start the supertall(or whatever is in its place) this year. But i must repeat, i dont know how up to date this is. But i figured it put it here just in case it is accurate

Old Posted Mar 13, 2021, 4:33 AM
DENNAB

Quote:
Originally Posted by arkitect13 View Post
Sorry to bump with no true information, but while doing some research into this project i cam across this, https://www.skyscrapercenter.com/bui...1-market/26938
Im not sure how up-to-date it is as it still shows the initial renderings for Schuylkill yards, but if it is in anyway correct, it looks like they still hope to start the supertall(or whatever is in its place) this year. But i must repeat, i dont know how up to date this is. But i figured it put it here just in case it is accurate
I thought the supertalls were just a concept, or if they ever did happen it wouldn't be until next decade.

If Philly could pull off another supertall soon that would be insane.

Old Posted Mar 13, 2021, 4:58 AM

^^ Honestly, id love to see it but if they do start soon im 45/55 on its chances of being a supertall, I would be satisfied with it hitting over 800ft honestly

Old Posted Mar 13, 2021, 6:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by arkitect13 View Post
^^ Honestly, id love to see it but if they do start soon im 45/55 on its chances of being a supertall, I would be satisfied with it hitting over 800ft honestly
Agree 100%

Anything over 800 FT as the tallest in Schuylkill Yards will be a win in my book.

Old Posted Mar 15, 2021, 1:28 PM

The height for the proposed building would be great and at that location it would really be great for the skyline and the city's image over all; but of course this is preliminatry to talk about it in detail. I wonder if they would have a tenant lined up? If they have any ideas for a tenant? Is Schuylkill Yards being marketed on a global scale? I'm not sure I haven't heard anything in a while.

Old Posted Jul 2, 2021, 6:04 PM

Schuylkill Yards Bulletin Building Is Completed At 3025 Market Street

Read/view more here:
https://phillyyimby.com/2021/07/schu...ladelphia.html

Old Posted Sep 18, 2021, 8:39 PM

Very sad to report that the new work being done on 3000 Market has completely botched the facade. I hope this is just so they can have another excuse to tear it down in a few years after Spark moves out and into their new offices on JFK.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > Proposals