HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > Proposals

Old Posted Feb 6, 2021, 2:57 AM
Tony V / ValuezTV

[QUOTE=3rd&Brown;9182236]I'm moving back to Philly even though my job is at the WTC in NYC. Plan is WFH until Labor Day and then 2-3 days a week in the office in NYC (permanently). Given that the house I'm building is in Fishtown, I'll just drive to Trenton and take Amtrak from there (rather than circling back to 30th St Station).

The only way to catch Amtrak in philly is 30th st or going over to NJ?

No stops by Fishtown?

Old Posted Feb 6, 2021, 3:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyTone View Post
I'm moving back to Philly even though my job is at the WTC in NYC. Plan is WFH until Labor Day and then 2-3 days a week in the office in NYC (permanently). Given that the house I'm building is in Fishtown, I'll just drive to Trenton and take Amtrak from there (rather than circling back to 30th St Station).

The only way to catch Amtrak in philly is 30th st or going over to NJ?

No stops by Fishtown?
North Philadelphia () and Cornwells Heights () are both closer to Fishtown than Trenton.

Last edited by mcgrath618; Feb 6, 2021 at 4:03 AM.

Old Posted Feb 6, 2021, 3:28 AM
Tony V / ValuezTV

[QUOTE=mcgrath618;9182372]
Quote:

North Philadelphia () and Cornwells Heights () are both closer to Fishtown than Trenton.
I thought there were more stops. Im more familiar with the subways than the Amtrak lines lol.

Old Posted Feb 6, 2021, 1:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcgrath618 View Post
I just realized I can leave from Cornwells Heights and it changed my life. 48 minutes $22 to Newark Penn (transfer to PATH from there). And free parking.

Very happy today.

Old Posted Feb 23, 2021, 4:16 AM

Quote:
I actually just thought of something.

Could more jobs be created in the post Covid world?

You can technically have jobs that can be done from home stay home and jobs that need to be in the office stay in the office and then have another option where you are working both in the office some days and home some days.

Thus creating a new branch of work even though WFH was already a think for some people and businesses but it could now be implemented on a wider scale freeing up office space for other business related tasks and etc.

We could see a even bigger boom in the economy Post cover due to things that were learned and a new way of life.

Not sure if I'm following. What would be these other "business related tasks"? And how would that even happen if people are coming in only half the week?

I've been working from home since I graduated from college eight years ago. Trust me its a terrible lifestyle and business operations choice (with the exception if you're a parent perhaps). Rolling out of bed and taking calls sounds nice at first but eventually you realize its harder to advance in your career and your social life begins to lag. I think people are going to eventually realize more human interaction (not less) is a good thing.

Old Posted Feb 23, 2021, 3:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by skyhigh07 View Post
Not sure if I'm following. What would be these other "business related tasks"? And how would that even happen if people are coming in only half the week?

I've been working from home since I graduated from college eight years ago. Trust me its a terrible lifestyle and business operations choice (with the exception if you're a parent perhaps). Rolling out of bed and taking calls sounds nice at first but eventually you realize its harder to advance in your career and your social life begins to lag. I think people are going to eventually realize more human interaction (not less) is a good thing.
I agree with everything you say except for the parent part. That makes it even more difficult. There is still a lot to be said for working in an office. They won't be the same as they were, but they will come back.

Old Posted Feb 23, 2021, 4:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Groundhog View Post
I agree with everything you say except for the parent part. That makes it even more difficult. There is still a lot to be said for working in an office. They won't be the same as they were, but they will come back.
I am a parent and my partner works. This would be very difficult for me if I didn't work from home (if I am looking back to my hour long commute days, a 10 minute walk to the office is a different story). To make it work, I'd likely have to stop going to the gym, and since I am the cook, takeout would be much more commonplace....I'd probably take years off my life.

That said, it most certainly can suck always feeling 'connected'. The office used to be for work, and home used to be for relaxation. Now the kitchen is for work, the family room is for work, I check email at night before I go to bed....it definitely takes a mental toll - once I am out of the toddler years and the world opens up again I will likely try to find a happy medium. I'm lucky in that I have an office I can go to if I get too stir crazy, but it has never been a requirement.

Old Posted Mar 4, 2021, 7:53 PM

PERMIT NUMBER: 1043264
PRELIMINARY APPROVAL

Quote:
Work Description
**BUILDING PERMIT FOR PROPOSED WORK ISSUED UNDER CP-2020-004850** **SEE MI-2020-001151; BBS RECOMMENDS GRANTING THE VARIANCES WITH THE FOLLOWING PROVISOS: 1. PROPOSED EASEMENT TO BE RECORDED TO ALLOW EXTERIOR WALL OPENING ON THE WEST SIDE OF THE BUILDING, IF ANY DEVELOPMENT IS PROPOSED WITHIN THE EASEMENT, THE EXTERIOR WALL OPENINGS ARE REQUIRED TO BE INFILLED FOR COMPLIANCE. 2. THE FIRE APPARATUS ACCESS ROAD REFUSAL ITEM WILL NEED TO BE SUBMITTED TO THE BOARD OF SAFETY AND FIRE PREVENTION FOR REVIEW.** FOR A PRELIMINARY REVIEW OF A NEW TWENTY-EIGHT (28) STORY HIGH-RISE MIXED-USE BUILDING (OFFICES, RETAIL, RESEARCH LABORATORIES, RESIDENTIAL), WITH FOCUS ON FIRE SEPARATION DISTANCES, FIRE DEPARTMENT ACCESS ROADS, AND VENTILATION OF THE DIESEL FIRE PUMP WITHIN THE BASEMENT.
Status
COMPLETED
https://li.phila.gov/#details?entity...KENNEDY%20BLVD

Old Posted Mar 5, 2021, 12:10 AM

I work at 3101 Market St. on the JFK side. Earlier this week they placed barriers and started some work and excavating the parking lot on the western side of the CSX train rails. According to those that were working there today, they are planning to up the work towards the end of this month.

Only word of mouth, but the other project on Market St. may start at the end of April.

Old Posted Mar 5, 2021, 7:01 AM
Philly Pholly

Shouldn't there be 2 separate threads now?
3001 & 3025 JFK

Old Posted Mar 5, 2021, 12:34 PM

Some photos would be really helpful

Old Posted Mar 5, 2021, 4:42 PM

If someone can post photos of site prep at 3025 JFK, we'll bifurcate the thread to make separate ones for each building.

Old Posted Mar 9, 2021, 2:24 AM

Brandywine (BDN) is on a roll. Up +5% today. Up ~15% in the last couple weeks. Is it just part of the market rotation we're seeing or is there any news? Schuylkill Yards is one of their largest prospective projects and it would be so nice to hear some news and make some progress.

Old Posted Mar 9, 2021, 2:52 AM
Philly Rising Up!

rotation out of tech due to higher yields. but BDN not that good of a play in REIT. There's better choices for REITs. If you picked it up low between 7-8 in Oct 2020 then double your investment isn't bad now. however, plenty of other stocks at their pandemic lows that 4-10x its low price if you picked it at the bottom.

Old Posted Mar 9, 2021, 7:02 PM

Old Posted Mar 9, 2021, 7:15 PM

Just talked to a worker, they're going underground on Monday and he said 3001 will start soon along with "another tower above the tracks" as he pointed towards the northern railyard

Old Posted Mar 9, 2021, 7:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TK2001 View Post
Just talked to a worker, they're going underground on Monday and he said 3001 will start soon along with "another tower above the tracks" as he pointed towards the northern railyard
He must either be referring to the Ultra Labs or some unknown 30th Street Tower.

Or he's just incorrect, and meant 3151 Market.

Old Posted Mar 10, 2021, 1:20 PM

Old Posted Mar 10, 2021, 2:21 PM

That is exciting!

Old Posted Mar 10, 2021, 4:24 PM

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > Proposals