HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > General Development

Closed Thread

Old Posted Apr 3, 2019, 2:47 PM

"Apartment complex at former Destination Maternity site to break ground"

https://www.bizjournals.com/philadel..._news_headline

Old Posted Apr 3, 2019, 4:36 PM

Another coliving projecting coming to Fishtown!

"Fishtown project to raise Philly’s growing stock of ‘coliving’ apartments"

Quote:
Common Living, which manages similar properties in six U.S. markets including New York, Chicago and the San Francisco Bay area, is working with locally based developer Elk Street Management on the development at 965 Frankford Ave. — facing the rear wall of the Filmore Philadelphia concert venue. The building will have space for 72 residents.
https://www.philly.com/real-estate/c...-20190403.html

Old Posted Apr 3, 2019, 4:58 PM
Cory Trevor Leahy

New stuff:

1300 S 24th: 12 units

1216 N Front: 4 units and office space

1731 Washington Ave: 4 stories 18 units

25th/Christian/Grays Ferry corner: 5 units

Old Posted Apr 3, 2019, 5:53 PM

Loving all of these low and mid-rise buildings popping up all over the city. It’s making Philly feel more and more European.

Old Posted Apr 3, 2019, 6:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaamazarite View Post
New stuff:

25th/Christian/Grays Ferry corner: 5 units
If this is the s**thole corner lot I'm thinking then, wow, this has been a looonnnggg time coming. I could be wrong, but aside from the dramatic eyesores on Broad Street, I think this is the last undeveloped parcel in all of G-ho.

Old Posted Apr 3, 2019, 6:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by summersm343 View Post
Loving all of these low and mid-rise buildings popping up all over the city. It’s making Philly feel more and more European.
Agree. And Philly is already one of the more European-feeling cities in the U.S. Perhaps second only to New Orleans. The co-living project looks nice.

Old Posted Apr 3, 2019, 8:10 PM

scaffolding has been erected on north side of FOP along the areas where the old panels still exist. I assume they will be removed or covered with another material very soon. Also something on the corner of 10th and Filbert seems well on its way towards opening. Ductwork, plumbing, etc. was being installed when I walked past. H&M sign is up on market street side as well.

Old Posted Apr 4, 2019, 8:59 PM
Philly -> Osaka -> Tokyo

The Soko Lofts site (whatever they're calling it anymore) is ACTUALLY UNDER CONSTRUCTION guyse!

Who knows but that, on the lower levels, I speak for you?’ (Ralph Ellison, Invisible Man)

Old Posted Apr 5, 2019, 2:32 AM

Speaking of South Kensington, any update on those three large lots to the North and Northeast of the Piazza. Those giant vacant lots really separate North Liberties/Fishtown/South Kensington. Once filled in those neighborhoods will be very connected and Girard in the low numbered streets could gain a lot of vibrancy.

Old Posted Apr 5, 2019, 1:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nimshady View Post
Speaking of South Kensington, any update on those three large lots to the North and Northeast of the Piazza. Those giant vacant lots really separate North Liberties/Fishtown/South Kensington. Once filled in those neighborhoods will be very connected and Girard in the low numbered streets could gain a lot of vibrancy.
yeah, there's been radio silence on that site.

Makes me think they're waiting for the next cycle.

Old Posted Apr 5, 2019, 2:34 PM

Quote:
New Penn building at 32nd and Walnut

Also Penn will be starting construction this year on a 70,000sf building at 40th and Sansom-- no renderings or anything yet.
Penn has received a $50m donation to build this, so I'd expect this to get underway soon. Between this, Tangen Hall, the new residential building, the new Wharton building, and of course the hospital, we'll be getting a nice handful of new buildings at Penn over the next 2-3 years. Wonder when was the last time Penn had 5 major new construction projects happening at once.

https://penntoday.upenn.edu/news/rec...ology-building

Quote:
Roy Vagelos, C’50, PAR’90, HON’99, and Diana T. Vagelos, PAR’90, have made a gift of $50 million to Penn Arts & Sciences for a new science center to house researchers focused on energy science. In support of the Power of Penn Arts & Sciences Campaign, the gift is the largest in the School’s history.

The new building will be named in honor of Roy and Diana Vagelos and located at 32nd and Walnut Streets. It will provide state-of-the-art research space that connects physical scientists and engineers. The new Penn Arts & Sciences and Penn Engineering facility will house the Vagelos Institute for Energy Science and Technology, which brings together researchers from both Schools to solve scientific and technological problems related to energy. It will also be a home for the Vagelos Integrated Program in Energy Research (VIPER), an undergraduate dual degree program run jointly by Arts & Sciences and Engineering.

Last edited by Urbanthusiat; Apr 5, 2019 at 2:46 PM.

Old Posted Apr 6, 2019, 3:25 PM
Me?!?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsbrook View Post
Agree. And Philly is already one of the more European-feeling cities in the U.S. Perhaps second only to New Orleans. The co-living project looks nice.
I would add DC into this mix as well.

Old Posted Apr 8, 2019, 5:23 PM

Quote:
Not a real substantial update, but they're mentioned in this perspective on the future of the Piazza:

https://www.phillymag.com/news/2019/...post-brothers/

Old Posted Apr 8, 2019, 7:37 PM

Quote:
What lots in particular are you talking about? Most of these lots are being built on currently, or have significant plans for them.

Old Posted Apr 9, 2019, 12:38 PM

Cavanaugh's, other Delaware River waterfront properties hit the market

https://www.bizjournals.com/philadel...aterfront.html

Quote:
Three high-profile properties along Delaware River have come up for sale, highlighting the increase in interest for the Philadelphia riverfront.

One of those properties is Pier 25, which is where Cavanaugh’s River Deck operates its nightclub. The seller is a partnership involving Adam Spivak, which acquired the property in 2017 for $4.1 million, according to property records. The 90,400-square-foot sit is located at 417 N. Columbus Blvd.

While the acquisition of Pier 25 would make sense for Durst Organization since it now owns several piers and properties leading up to it and would give it control of a contiguous stretch of the Delaware waterfront that gives it a critical mass, the company isn’t pursuing it, according to spokesman Anthony Campisi.

Even so, Durst is an example of how interest along the Delaware River has heightened over the last couple of years. The New York firm owns Piers 12, 13-15, 19 and 24. Earlier this year, Durst moved to buy a surface parking lot located between Vine and Callowhill streets on the west side of Columbus Boulevard from the Delaware River Waterfront Corp. with plans to build a mixed-use development. The 1.6-acre property is referred to as the Vine Street lot and located at 300-346 N. Columbus Blvd.

Michael Barmash, a broker with Colliers International, is marketing Pier 25 along with two other waterfront properties. “Things are heating up all over,” he said.

Ensemble Properties has put up for sale 933 North Penn St. at Pier 40, which was going to be developed but the deal didn’t happen, Barmash said. It’s zoned for 36 townhouses and an asking price has been set at $7.9 million. The pier on the property would be used for public space.

In addition, two undeveloped parcels that are part of Waterfront Square condominium community have also come in the market. Owned by Ullico Insurance, a developer could have the option complete the long-planned Waterfront Square project with these two properties.

In 2003, plans for Waterfront Square were unveiled to great fanfare. The project consisted of a gated condominium community of five residential towers ranging from 22 stories to 35 stories. In all, 780 condominiums and 1.3 million square feet were planned on 10 acres on Piers 36-39 along the Delaware River north of the Benjamin Franklin Bridge. Just three of the buildings were constructed and the third, which was completed in 2009, went into receivership.

“What is nice is you don’t have to go through the approval process,” Barmash said. "They are shovel ready."

Old Posted Apr 9, 2019, 4:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boku View Post
Cavanaugh's, other Delaware River waterfront properties hit the market

https://www.bizjournals.com/philadel...aterfront.html
if they complete WS I sure hope the other buildings arent as ugly

Old Posted Apr 11, 2019, 8:11 PM
Cory Trevor Leahy

New stuff:

3029 Glenwood 5 stories 49 units

2046 N Front 5 stories 17 units

1300 S 24th 3 stories 12 units

and......

I've just learned of a small but important new development coming to Center City!

Old Posted Apr 11, 2019, 8:18 PM

Quote:
New stuff:

3029 Glenwood 5 stories 49 units

2046 N Front 5 stories 17 units

1300 S 24th 3 stories 12 units

and......

I've just learned of a small but important new development coming to Center City!
This game again. (not sarcastic btw)

Let me guess... another overbuild on Walnut?

Old Posted Apr 12, 2019, 8:35 PM

Quote:
and......

It's gotta be this: https://www.philly.com/real-estate/c...-20190412.html

Wendy's at 11th and Walnut is being demolished and sold to a developer!

I never thought I'd see the day.

Old Posted Apr 12, 2019, 8:46 PM
Cory Trevor Leahy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urbanthusiat View Post
It's gotta be this: https://www.philly.com/real-estate/c...-20190412.html

Wendy's at 11th and Walnut is being demolished and sold to a developer!

I never thought I'd see the day.
You're right. I thought it would take longer to get noticed, but apparently I'm not the only one who keeps track of that corner!

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Closed Thread

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > General Development