HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan

Old Posted Mar 28, 2023, 12:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackDog204 View Post
The Jets may be in a slump since All Star break. However, we are going to knock the Fmales out of the playoffs.

This week.

Guaranteed.

Just like 1985. Just like 1987, Just like 1992.

If all else fails, count on the Jets securing that last Wildcard spot, and relegating the Flames to the golf course.

You can take that to the bank.
We never played calgary in the playoffs in 1992 we gave up a 3 games to 1 lead that year to Vancouver where the Canucks knocked us out.

Old Posted Mar 28, 2023, 3:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thurmas View Post
We never played calgary in the playoffs in 1992 we gave up a 3 games to 1 lead that year to Vancouver where the Canucks knocked us out.
In 1991-92, we were fighting for a playoff spot during the final month with Calgary. After the 10 day players strike ended in April, we eliminated the Flames from playoff contention by defeating them with only 3 or 4 games left in the schedule.

Old Posted Mar 28, 2023, 4:32 PM
Mooderator

The good ol' Teemu times.

Blue Jays were a powerhouse too.

Great time to be a sportsfan!

Old Posted Mar 29, 2023, 4:53 AM

I'm never predicting a Jets win again.

This team is pathetic.

Worst Power Play in the NHL.
Wheeler is getting more ice time than Ehlers.
The forward can't score to save their life.

The team is in big trouble, and if they can't beat a horrible Sharks team, there is no hope.

Old Posted Mar 29, 2023, 6:20 AM
There is always a way

Quote:
I'm never predicting a Jets win again.

This team is pathetic.

Worst Power Play in the NHL.
Wheeler is getting more ice time than Ehlers.
The forward can't score to save their life.

The team is in big trouble, and if they can't beat a horrible Sharks team, there is no hope.
Yeah I think the worst part is they keep getting « goalied » by a hot goalie. That starts to look like an inability to score. The crazy thing is other than not being able to finish, they look like the better team these days… there’s just no way thé jets shouldn’t be lighting up their opponents on a regular basis with the players they have, unless they truly are the unluckiest group of guys alive
Federalist #10, James Madison

Old Posted Mar 29, 2023, 11:49 AM
What could go wrong?

I have to say their play is making me start to believe there is a conspiracy at work here. I am not a conspiracy kind of guy, but there is really no other way to explain it. I have no idea what it would be, because if they wanted to tank, they have fucked that up by being to good early on. They will end up 17 or 18th...the worst spot to be in.

They were challenging for division lead and were flirting with being top 5 in the league before the all-star break. I can't remember a team falling so far or so quickly. They shouldn't be like this. Their top 9 (on paper) should be lighting it up. There is no explanation as to why they can't score. I get when a player is in a slump, sometimes they clutch their stick too hard and have troubles finding their way out. This is the whole team.

I used to get frustrated by this notion of "getting goalied". There is no way that a team can get goalied by as many teams as the Jets get goalied by. It is their ineptitude for scoring that is the issue. I think many have already checked out of this season.

It is too bad. 25 games ago we were considered a solid cup contender. Morrissey was going to challenge for the Norris Trophy, Hellebuyck had the possibility of top 3 Vezina finalist (no one was going to beat Ullmark in Boston), Scheifele and Conner were going to push for 40+ goals.

I have no faith that they will even win another game this season. I also have no ideas on how to fix what is wrong other than to blow it up.

They will not make the playoffs.
"But a city can be smothered by too much reverence for its past. The skyline must keep acquiring new peaks, because the day we consider it complete and untouchable is the day the city begins to die." - Justin Davidson - May 2010 Issue of New York

Old Posted Mar 29, 2023, 12:07 PM
What could go wrong?

...the last 17 games for the Sharks

2 wins and 15 losses.

Guess who their 2 wins were against?
"But a city can be smothered by too much reverence for its past. The skyline must keep acquiring new peaks, because the day we consider it complete and untouchable is the day the city begins to die." - Justin Davidson - May 2010 Issue of New York

Old Posted Mar 29, 2023, 12:50 PM

Blow this team up already medicority will not sell tickets.

Old Posted Mar 29, 2023, 2:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biff View Post
...the last 17 games for the Sharks

2 wins and 15 losses.

Guess who their 2 wins were against?
I watched about 2 minutes of the game last night. Long enough to watch the PP at the end of the first. They had one good shot, and it was a doozy that most nights would have gone in but Reimer stoned them. This team is snakebitten. Calgary to stumble into the playoffs because of Jets ineptitude? Or will Nashville catch them?

Old Posted Mar 29, 2023, 3:34 PM
There is always a way

Quote:
Originally Posted by VANRIDERFAN View Post
I watched about 2 minutes of the game last night. Long enough to watch the PP at the end of the first. They had one good shot, and it was a doozy that most nights would have gone in but Reimer stoned them. This team is snakebitten. Calgary to stumble into the playoffs because of Jets ineptitude? Or will Nashville catch them?
It's crazy that none of those teams seem particularly driven to make the playoffs if their records are any indication.... My money's on Nashville though, they beat Boston yesterday
Federalist #10, James Madison

Old Posted Mar 29, 2023, 11:11 PM

I have never felt such shame, to call myself a Jets fan, as I did last night.

The Jets could not even score against a team that is mailing it in, on the hopes they finish last place to land Connor Bedard.

I had hoped the Jets were just in a slump, and would right this sinking ship.

I was wrong.

Old Posted Mar 30, 2023, 4:19 PM
Mooderator

Bring Back Buff.

Old Posted Mar 30, 2023, 4:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by harls View Post
Bring Back Buff.
too busy hanging at Bass fishing tourneys!

Old Posted Mar 30, 2023, 6:23 PM
Mooderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by wags_in_the_peg View Post
too busy hanging at Bass fishing tourneys!

Damn I would love a fishing weekend with that dude, and I can't fish worth a f..

Old Posted Mar 30, 2023, 6:36 PM
What could go wrong?

Wow, never seen these line combos. Scheifele on the wing.

Line rushes from today's practice

Connor-Dubois-Scheifele
Ehlers-Namestnikov-Wheeler
Niederreiter-Lowry-Appleton
Barron-Stenlund-Maenalanen
Kuhlman-Gustafsson-Jonsson-Fjallby
Morrissey-DeMelo
Dillon-Pionk
Samberg-Schmidt
Stanley-Capobianco

Old Posted Apr 1, 2023, 1:13 AM

Jets are up 4-0 against the Red Wings, and if they hold on, the Jets March record will be 7-7-1.

The jets will be 4 points up on Calgary, heading into the final few games, with the tie-breaker. The Jets do not have it easy in April. Here is their schedule:

Apr 2: Devils @ Jets
Apr 5: Flames @ Jets
Apr 8: Predators @ Jets
Apr 10: Sharks @ Jets
Apr 11: Jets @ Wild
Apr 13: Jets @ Avalanche

The two huge game are against Calgary and Nashville. The Jets need to at least get a split. Other than that, they play a talented Devils team. They finish off their home stand vs the Sharks, which they should win.

The last two games are interesting. I don't expect the Jets to beat the red hot Wild. However, if Colorado has nothing to play for, they will rest all their star players, so if the Jets are in a must win game, this will help them.

Old Posted Apr 1, 2023, 9:33 PM

Quote:
Jets are up 4-0 against the Red Wings, and if they hold on, the Jets March record will be 7-7-1.

The jets will be 4 points up on Calgary, heading into the final few games, with the tie-breaker. The Jets do not have it easy in April. Here is their schedule:

Apr 2: Devils @ Jets
Apr 5: Flames @ Jets
Apr 8: Predators @ Jets
Apr 10: Sharks @ Jets
Apr 11: Jets @ Wild
Apr 13: Jets @ Avalanche

The two huge game are against Calgary and Nashville. The Jets need to at least get a split. Other than that, they play a talented Devils team. They finish off their home stand vs the Sharks, which they should win.

The last two games are interesting. I don't expect the Jets to beat the red hot Wild. However, if Colorado has nothing to play for, they will rest all their star players, so if the Jets are in a must win game, this will help them.
even if they make the playoffs this is a massively flawed team that needs major overhaul this offseason. Seeing divas like PLD and 55 out there you want those rotten attitudes out of here.

Old Posted Apr 2, 2023, 2:29 AM

Quote:
even if they make the playoffs this is a massively flawed team that needs major overhaul this offseason. Seeing divas like PLD and 55 out there you want those rotten attitudes out of here.
I was looking at the Flames schedule, and it looks like they will finish ahead of the Jets. They will be playing Chicago and Anaheim, while the Jets host the Devils.

After that the Jets still ahve a difficult schedule. Our saving grace will be to win 3 of 4 on our home stand, as we are playing New Jersey, Calgary, Nashville, and San Jose.

The only chance we have, is if we defeat the Flames, and win 2 of 3 games aside from that. Nashville has a tough schedule, and will not catch us.

Old Posted Apr 2, 2023, 2:49 AM

Quote:

PLD has been arguably the Jets best forward. It's not fair to compare him to Scheifele, who is not buying into Bones system, and is at odds with his second coach. I would trade him for prospects, and a high draft pick.

Old Posted Apr 2, 2023, 3:38 PM

Quote:
PLD has been arguably the Jets best forward. It's not fair to compare him to Scheifele, who is not buying into Bones system, and is at odds with his second coach. I would trade him for prospects, and a high draft pick.
Today is a huge game for for the Jets. When the national media turns their attention on a team and calls out their leadership, thats one thing. You see a reaction and the team turns it on. Today we will see if anything resembling urgency is still in their mindset. The Jets have the talent. This is a character test the rest of the way.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan