HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Southwest

Old Posted May 8, 2007, 11:43 PM

Damn hippies... Always takin pictures and causin trouble...

Old Posted May 9, 2007, 12:50 AM

This is the first I've ever heard of Palmwalk.com. Funny how the ASU cop didn't mention that to me. I think my run-in with him was back in 2004, because I graduated in December 2004 and it was after I got my first dSLR, which I think was in October 2004.

I should go find those pics. I never posted them and there were some hotties in them.

I did find a blog about ASU that had me roaring:

Wednesday, April 19, 2006
Sluts R Us
Well the summertime heat is upon us once again and that can only mean one thing: time for ASU students to bust out the slut gear. Not that winter temperatures kept them from baring skin before. Now it is a free-for-all; the women of ASU are walking advertisements for Charlotte Russe or Forever 21 or whoever makes the shortest skirts of all time.

Students meet with professors wearing LESS than what I wear to bed...and I am notoriously hot when i am sleeping. WHY NOT wear a black bra under a skimpy white top? Stilletto heels across campus? Of course! Don't forget your Coach tote in one hand and your tall non-fat soy latte creamsicle dream drink from Starbucks in the other hand. If you put books in the tote they will, like, totally unbalance you as you walk to class in your 3" heels.

The girls here dress SO SKANKY that there used to be a website called www.palmwalk.com (shut down now) that would feature pictures of girls taken while walking to class. Except nobody knew who or where the photographer was. If you were hot/slutty enough your picture would be posted (without your consent) and people could even rate you! Too bad it was shut down...because now you will have to make do with simply mentally picturing the exponential skank value this place exudes daily.

A ha ha ha....

--don

Old Posted May 9, 2007, 1:09 AM
BANNED

thats effing halarious

Old Posted May 9, 2007, 2:30 AM

Damn I miss being on campus. I loved this time of year, anywhere on campus.

Old Posted May 9, 2007, 5:52 AM
tempe_native

Quote:
Originally Posted by Upward View Post
Those incidents still blow my mind. I take photos at takeoff and landing every time I fly, and I've never had a problem. I also never had problems at ASU (or here at UCI, or any other time I've taken pictures at a university).

I guess I somehow look less suspicious than you do, which I really don't understand now that I have long hair.
Yeah I don't think people in Downtown Phoenix get it yet. I doubt anybody would ever experience that in Tempe, ha the security guard at Hayden Ferry even came out and told us the story of the fountains there. And as for the airplane, I always take photos/video and use my iPod during take off/landing and they never say jack to me. I think the whole electronics thing during the flight is all lies anyway.

Old Posted May 9, 2007, 10:22 AM

That thing about the ASU chicks was the funniest thing I've read all week. UofA girls are pretty much the same way though.

Thanks for the laughs, Don.

Old Posted May 10, 2007, 7:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don B. View Post
Wednesday, April 19, 2006
Sluts R Us
Well the summertime heat is upon us once again and that can only mean one thing: time for ASU students to bust out the slut gear. Not that winter temperatures kept them from baring skin before. Now it is a free-for-all; the women of ASU are walking advertisements for Charlotte Russe or Forever 21 or whoever makes the shortest skirts of all time.

Students meet with professors wearing LESS than what I wear to bed...and I am notoriously hot when i am sleeping. WHY NOT wear a black bra under a skimpy white top? Stilletto heels across campus? Of course! Don't forget your Coach tote in one hand and your tall non-fat soy latte creamsicle dream drink from Starbucks in the other hand. If you put books in the tote they will, like, totally unbalance you as you walk to class in your 3" heels.
Freakin' Mormons... seriously, if it bothers whoever posted that blog that much, go to a different school. I'd recommend Brigham Young, or maybe U of North Dakota.
...People.

So what have you heard about the Business/Arts Gateway (Tempe Center) lately? My sources tell me that some of the current occupants (School of Sustainability, my sources are in the school) are moving out by like October to the old College of Nursing building, and that the Tempe Center will then be demolished. Has anyone heard anything about groundbreaking?

Old Posted May 10, 2007, 8:28 PM
Skyriser

Well, as my old adage goes: There's two guaranteed ways to get into ASU--but you have to be hot or Asian.

Old Posted May 10, 2007, 8:35 PM
under the influence...

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewkfromaz View Post
...moving out by like October to the old College of Nursing building, and that the Tempe Center will then be demolished. Has anyone heard anything about groundbreaking?
Err, people have been saying this for 15 years. They will move out, but then they'll just move other offices in there. I'll believe it when I see it...

Old Posted May 10, 2007, 9:58 PM
Desert Urbanite

Quote:
Originally Posted by combusean View Post
Well, as my old adage goes: There's two guaranteed ways to get into ASU--but you have to be hot or Asian.
LOL...that was pretty funny. Hmmm, makes me wonder how I got in (the Asian part, that is).

-Andrew

Old Posted May 12, 2007, 3:52 AM
tempe_native

um...

Quote:
Originally Posted by combusean View Post
so I guess that's how I got into the business school.

Old Posted May 12, 2007, 3:59 AM
tempe_native

Look what I found.

I know you guys have been clamoring for an updated map of the Tempe developments but in the mean time this should do. Go to tempe.gov/apacheblvd for a pdf version of this and some other info about the Apache redevelopment. We tend to put our focus a lot on Mill and Town Lake but it looks like there are some pretty exciting things on Apache too.

Old Posted May 12, 2007, 3:08 PM
Skyriser

^ Slick, I didn't even know about a whole bunch of those. That's like, what...1300 units...over only a few miles--wow. If all of these pan out and have sane entry prices as well, it could be, what, two decades of what Tempe planners have been asking for almost all at once. The Gray Development project is the one to watch--its the biggest, it's the most reputable, and it might be the best example of what could happen on every corner across the city if light rail took hold. One wonderful side effect from the train is its massive blade of urban renewal that they condemn and assemble for park-and-ride spaces now but major projects later. Who knows what could come down the line for Apache/101?

Old Posted May 12, 2007, 4:20 PM
Desert Urbanite

^I second that Sean. The past few years (in the Planning Department) saw a flurry of proposals on Apache, totally redefining the neighborhood. The Gray Development is TRUE mixed-use integrated into a park-n-ride facility. That project I am really excited for. That whole stretch of Apache will definately become an urban paradise once LRT rolls in and development kicks up a notch.

-Andrew

Old Posted May 13, 2007, 2:11 AM
Skyriser

Yep, and that's not even the half of it ... 1866 beds for American Campus Communities just a few blocks west on that map.

Apache Blvd is gonna look insane in a few years--the train will have no shortage of riders from all the TOD. How far along is the Gray Development project?

Old Posted May 13, 2007, 6:52 PM

The Gray development on Apache won't even start construction until light rail is finished. The reason I say that, unless the numbers/locations on the map are wrong, is because at #8, just east of the SEC of McClintock & Apache, is the field office for Valley Metro Rail LS5 and Sundt Stacey&Witbeck, the contractor. It was the old Tempe Commerce Park or some unoccupied large offices/warehouses building. I know this because that is where my office was for a year whilst I worked as an inspector for Valley Metro on the light rail. I highly highly doubt they'll switch field offices (the contractors had enough problems getting a C of O for that site as it were), and they've got a lot of that land that isn't the office buildings (their field office) for their storage yard and staging areas.

Old Posted May 14, 2007, 2:25 PM

Does anyone ken when the shops and stuff on the Hayden Fairy Lakeside boardwalk will start opening?

Old Posted May 14, 2007, 10:47 PM
Desert Urbanite

CENTERPOINT UPDATE:

The Phase 1 Tower is NOT topped-off yet as previously mentioned. They are now constructing the 22nd story of the tower: the penthouse floor (it's noticably higher than the other floors below). They still have to construct the parapet (shielding the mechanical units on top) above the 22nd floor, so that tower is still going up!

-Andrew

Old Posted May 14, 2007, 11:13 PM
under the influence...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azndragon837 View Post
CENTERPOINT UPDATE:

The Phase 1 Tower is NOT topped-off yet as previously mentioned. They are now constructing the 22nd story of the tower: the penthouse floor (it's noticably higher than the other floors below). They still have to construct the parapet (shielding the mechanical units on top) above the 22nd floor, so that tower is still going up!

-Andrew
Oh yeah.

I can't wait for them to drop the Klieg lights, I don't understand why they have to be on all freakin night.

Old Posted May 14, 2007, 11:49 PM

My bad on the topped off comment... I could've sworn I counted 22 floors... Are they skipping the 13th floor like 44 Monroe?

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Southwest