HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > General Development

Closed Thread

Old Posted Mar 30, 2021, 4:13 PM

^^Just stupid. I've said many times, and I'll say it again... Darrell Clarke HAS GOT TO GO. It's almost like he's trying to ruin Philadelphia and purposely halt it's momentum and forward progress every chance he gets.

If Jim Kenney was a good Mayor he would veto this... I doubt it though.... we've got to stop giving City Councilmembers so much control, ESPECIALLY over city planning and development. They're not developers. They're not professional urban planners, etc. etc.

Old Posted Mar 30, 2021, 7:51 PM

What a scourge on the city this guy is.

And he's got Kenney in his back pocket.

Old Posted Mar 30, 2021, 10:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PurpleWhiteOut View Post
I'm glad it's a big project so close to the El, but the aesthetics are disappointing
Just clicked on the site since the renderings weren't loading and it appears that the design is not done so they took the renderings down.

Quote:
UPDATE: a member of the development team reached out to us to say that the plans for this project are still being flushed out and that finalized plans should be available in the near future. Check back in the coming months for updated renderings and info.

Old Posted Mar 30, 2021, 11:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eixample View Post
Just clicked on the site since the renderings weren't loading and it appears that the design is not done so they took the renderings down.
Hopefully the new version looks better. I get that the micro-location here isn’t great - with that dumpy dollar store next door and all of the, let’s say, shenanigans that comes with the El stop - but the macro location is fantastic. I think you’ve gotta be more bold here with such a large, prominent site, like what you see on the other side of Girard in NoLibs and along the River.

Speaking of this area, looks like even MORE development is coming to the neighborhood. Looks like their was aneighborhood meeting yesterday about a 200-unit mixed-use development on the SW corner of 3rd and Girard. I think we’re approaching bonkers level of development in this vicinity.

Old Posted Mar 30, 2021, 11:42 PM

Heard today that the Dollar Store next to 7/11 on Front and Girard is not renewing its lease.

Old Posted Mar 30, 2021, 11:49 PM

Quote:
the plans for this project are still being flushed out
LOL well I hope so

Old Posted Mar 31, 2021, 6:51 PM

Permits have been issued for 3705 N Broad, which will replace the vacant Checker's location at the corner of Broad and Butler! This is part of Shift Capital's larger project to restore the Beury Building at the corner of Broad and Germantown:

ZP-2021-002872
Mar 31, 2021
3705 N BROAD ST Parcel A, Philadelphia, PA 19140-3607
3709 N BROAD STREET LLC 5

FOR THE ERECTION OF AN ATTACHED STRUCTURE WITH ROOF DECK FOR A VACANT COMMERCIAL SPACE AT FIRST FLOOR ( USE REGISTRATION PERMIT REQUIRED PRIOR TO OCCUPANCY) IN THE SAME BUILDING WITH MULTI-FAMILY HOUSEHOLD LIVING( 114 DWELLING UNITS) WITH FOURTY-FOUR(44) ACCESSORY SURFACE PARKING SPACES, TWO(2) VAN ACCESSIBLE SPACES; 11 COMPACT PARKING SPACES, THREE(3) ELECTRIC VAN SPACES ; TWO(2) RESERVOIR SPACES AND 44 1A CLASS BICYCLE SPACES IN AN ACCESSIBLE ROUTE.. SIZE AND LOCATION AS SHOWN IN THE APPLICATION.

Temple University '18 ']['

Old Posted Apr 1, 2021, 12:50 AM

"Also tucked into the package: $20 billion for communities like Philadelphia’s Chinatown and Wilmington’s West Side that were divided by highway projects.
Philly, with support from PennDot, the Federal Highway Administration and local foundations, has already put $225 million toward capping I-95 at Penn’s Landing but calls from Chinatown to cap the Vine Street Expressway have never advanced."

https://whyy.org/articles/new-trolle...tructure-plan/

Old Posted Apr 1, 2021, 2:18 PM

Willow Steam Plant

Willow Steam Plant is going to be an indoor arcade/amusement park type thing called iPlay. It looks similar to Dave and Busters. This is a great and unique development and I love that Willow Steam Plant is being saved. Hopefully they'll add some type of restaurant as well to fully engage the area. It's really close to the Electric Factory and could be a little entertainment area.

https://www.iplayamerica.com/

http://www.ocfrealty.com/naked-phill...generating-fun

edit: april fools

Last edited by Vince_; Apr 1, 2021 at 2:50 PM.

Old Posted Apr 1, 2021, 2:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vince_ View Post
Willow Steam Plant is going to be an indoor arcade/amusement park type thing called iPlay. It looks similar to Dave and Busters. This is a great and unique development and I love that Willow Steam Plant is being saved. Hopefully they'll add some type of restaurant as well to fully engage the area. It's really close to the Electric Factory and could be a little entertainment area.

April fools or real?

Old Posted Apr 1, 2021, 2:53 PM
Midrise

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vince_ View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigfish View Post
April fools or real?
Well, duh!

On the actual, factual side though, environmental remediation of the plant was completed last year by the current owner, with an Act 135 Conservatorship petition — filed in 2016 by Scioli-Turco Inc. — hanging over them in court. No idea of the owner's intent for the plant's future, which was acquired in 2016 for $1.1M.

Old Posted Apr 1, 2021, 2:54 PM
Tony V / ValuezTV

Quote:
April fools or real?
This man came with links, he's not to be reckoned with.

Old Posted Apr 2, 2021, 6:36 AM
Philly Pholly

Holy shit!

Quote:
April fools or real?

Old Posted Apr 2, 2021, 3:38 PM

Renderings Revealed 1640-48 North Hancock Street In Olde Kensington

Read/view more here:
https://phillyyimby.com/2021/04/8830.html

Old Posted Apr 2, 2021, 3:47 PM

Renderings Revealed For The Cecil At 1641-45 North 2nd Street In Olde Kensington

Read/view more here:
https://phillyyimby.com/2021/04/rend...ladelphia.html

Old Posted Apr 2, 2021, 6:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jawnadelphia View Post
"Also tucked into the package: $20 billion for communities like Philadelphia’s Chinatown and Wilmington’s West Side that were divided by highway projects.
Philly, with support from PennDot, the Federal Highway Administration and local foundations, has already put $225 million toward capping I-95 at Penn’s Landing but calls from Chinatown to cap the Vine Street Expressway have never advanced."

https://whyy.org/articles/new-trolle...tructure-plan/
Potential federal funds for a Vine Street Expressway cap???? Please, please, please

Old Posted Apr 2, 2021, 6:57 PM

Topgolf project to get underway in Northeast Philadelphia, with King of Prussia to follow

Article behind paywall here:
https://www.bizjournals.com/philadel...la-region.html

Old Posted Apr 2, 2021, 7:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by summersm343 View Post
Potential federal funds for a Vine Street Expressway cap???? Please, please, please
I think a cap would do so much to knit the neighborhoods the expressway carves through back together (not to mention the parkway and Logan square). It would no doubt bring a lot of development to the area as well, so here's hoping.

Old Posted Apr 2, 2021, 11:34 PM
Chris

Quote:
Originally Posted by summersm343 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skintreesnail View Post
I think a cap would do so much to knit the neighborhoods the expressway carves through back together (not to mention the parkway and Logan square). It would no doubt bring a lot of development to the area as well, so here's hoping.
That would be something. One of the most transformative projects in decades (IMO). Truly connecting Center City to its adjacent Northern neighborhoods and creating a promenade of parks and pedestrian spaces.

I do doubt this happening anytime soon though, so ridiculous capping wasn't done when the bridges were rebuilt.

Old Posted Apr 3, 2021, 12:00 AM

I forgot to post this, but I noticed more soil testing occurring at the Francisville Triangle during my morning walk to Tela's Market:

Temple University '18 ']['

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Closed Thread

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > General Development