HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > Proposals

PENN 15 in the SkyscraperPage Database

Building Data Page   • Comparison Diagram   • New York Skyscraper Diagram

Map Location
New York Projects & Construction Forum

Old Posted Jun 7, 2019, 5:57 PM

And the blue "crown" just kills it. Please, for the love of god, please don't give us this.

Old Posted Jun 7, 2019, 6:24 PM
DENNAB

Quote:
Originally Posted by citybooster View Post
And the blue "crown" just kills it. Please, for the love of god, please don't give us this.
Yea, God forbid they decide to mount the Facebook logo... then it'll just go downhill from there

Old Posted Jun 7, 2019, 6:55 PM

A moratorium on trees and stacked jenga boxes... I'm not against modern twists but please, some of these proposed towers are embarassing... it wouldn't take five years for the look to be out of favor, and you can't take things like these down on a whim.

Old Posted Jun 8, 2019, 12:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GertElim View Post
Looks like it does.

source (and great read) :
http://www.erictb.info/33passage.html
This should be fantastic for the Penn Station. 2 great subway stations, Amtrak, LIRR, NJ Transit Rail and in next future also Metro North and Path!!!

Old Posted Jun 8, 2019, 6:45 PM
New Yorker for life

Quote:
Originally Posted by manchester united View Post
Does mean this that will be reopen the passage under 32nd Street, connecting Penn Station to the 34th Street (New York City Subway) and 33rd Street (PATH) stations?

Yes, that's one of the transit improvements that have been held up with the delay in taking down this hotel. The new version with some opening to the sky looks better than what was originally planned, though that wasn't bad.

“Office buildings are our factories – whether for tech, creative or traditional industries we must continue to grow our modern factories to create new jobs,” said United States Senator Chuck Schumer.

Old Posted Jun 8, 2019, 6:51 PM
New Yorker for life

Quote:
A moratorium on trees and stacked jenga boxes... I'm not against modern twists but please, some of these proposed towers are embarassing... it wouldn't take five years for the look to be out of favor, and you can't take things like these down on a whim.

I don't think they care as much about "visual" trends so much as they care about what the demand from tenants create. And these days, it's all about what amenities you are bringing to the table. Even the old buildings are adding terraces where possible.

“Office buildings are our factories – whether for tech, creative or traditional industries we must continue to grow our modern factories to create new jobs,” said United States Senator Chuck Schumer.

Old Posted Jun 8, 2019, 10:22 PM

This Thing is just as ugly as the 2WTC Proposal...

and then this horrible Monster next to beautiful ESB. I hope somebody will stop this from happening.

Old Posted Jun 8, 2019, 11:18 PM
NYC/NJ/Miami-Dade

And thats just it as stated in post #1306. All about what the potential clients/tenants want. Sometimes, visual is desired in the event of a HQ looking a certain way. But IMO, not a fan of the design, nor of Tower Fifth. All over 1400 ft btw, with Tower Fifth in theory being the 2nd tallest when built in the city, in event 80 South doesn't rise, which is another 1400+ tower.

Old Posted Jun 9, 2019, 9:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris08876 View Post
And thats just it as stated in post #1306. All about what the potential clients/tenants want. Sometimes, visual is desired in the event of a HQ looking a certain way. But IMO, not a fan of the design, nor of Tower Fifth. All over 1400 ft btw, with Tower Fifth in theory being the 2nd tallest when built in the city, in event 80 South doesn't rise, which is another 1400+ tower.
It would be a shame to get all these 1,400-1,600ft towers and yet they are designed to what is being pushed as what tenants want, architecture be damned... that's a whole lot of eyesore when you inflict it on everyone else can't avoid having to see it. And block views of truly gorgeous, timeless architecture that will be affected by them.

And I'm not one of those who absolutely loathe the BIG design for WTCII. In some angles it's awesome, especially facing the Memorial. The one that I really cannot get into is the 15 Penn one, I want to see the Tower Fifth once again(if the render is available for view already here I'd love to be referred to the post number where I can see it if possible). 270 Park render hasn't been released yet and the Grand Hyatt replacement is if I'm correct way too early in its stages for any design vision?

Old Posted Jun 11, 2019, 1:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYguy View Post
Yes, that's one of the transit improvements that have been held up with the delay in taking down this hotel. The new version with some opening to the sky looks better than what was originally planned, though that wasn't bad.

When could be reopened this important passageway (Hilton corridor)?

Old Posted Jun 12, 2019, 3:01 AM
BANNED

https://nypost.com/2019/06/11/vornad...-pennsylvania/

Vornado pitching office building to replace Hotel Pennsylvania
By Lois Weiss June 11, 2019 | 10:08pm

Hotel Pennsylvania Daniel McKnight

Vornado Realty Trust is now actively pitching the proposed 1,400-foot-tall office building that would take the place of the battle-worn Hotel Pennsylvania at 401 Seventh Ave.

The Post revealed the first rendering of the 2.8-million-square-footer — designed by Rafael Viñoly — back in October.

Now, YIMBY has taken a peek at the marketing presentation, which is dripping with Facebook logos — all the better to tempt the social media site to the western realms of the island.

Facebook is already Vornado’s tenant at 770 Broadway, where it is busting out of the mortar. As I told you last month, the Steve Roth-led real estate investment trust is also pitching Facebook floors at the Farley Building, where Dentsu is likely to land and Amazon is exploring.

Last edited by JMKeynes; Jun 12, 2019 at 3:17 AM.

Old Posted Jun 12, 2019, 5:59 AM
New Yorker for life

Quote:
When could be reopened this important passageway (Hilton corridor)?
That will only happen when the hotel is redeveloped. It's part of the transit improvements to the area Vornado will make, in exchange for more development rights as-of-right.

Old Posted Jun 12, 2019, 12:43 PM
NYC/NJ/Miami-Dade

Quote:
It would be a shame to get all these 1,400-1,600ft towers and yet they are designed to what is being pushed as what tenants want, architecture be damned... that's a whole lot of eyesore when you inflict it on everyone else can't avoid having to see it. And block views of truly gorgeous, timeless architecture that will be affected by them.

And I'm not one of those who absolutely loathe the BIG design for WTCII. In some angles it's awesome, especially facing the Memorial. The one that I really cannot get into is the 15 Penn one, I want to see the Tower Fifth once again(if the render is available for view already here I'd love to be referred to the post number where I can see it if possible). 270 Park render hasn't been released yet and the Grand Hyatt replacement is if I'm correct way too early in its stages for any design vision?
I 100% agree btw. I'm always for aesthetics over height with respect to how it'll influence the surrounding dynamics. I'm just stating the reality unfortunately. With some of these towers, they are designed for the niche target audience, in some cases. I do hope with certain super talls, we do see a redesign, such as 15 Penn given its proxy to the ESB and its dramatic impact on the skyline.

But time will tell. I can somewhat stomach Tower Fifth, but not 15 Penn. Just not feeling. But a lot can happen between today and a year from now, and if history is anything to go by, possibly we might see certain elements tweaked.

Old Posted Jun 12, 2019, 4:15 PM
New Yorker for life

The thing about these office towers is that they will only be built according to tenant demand. So if no one wants the space, these larger office towers won't be built. But developers will always have to build to the market, whatever that market is. Architectural styles will adapt to the market as well. There are people who didn't like the modern international style type office towers that took off everywhere, and replaced the more classic office towers that were built and defined the skyline before then. But that's where the market was, and what the market supported. Times change, and things change within it.

Old Posted Jul 3, 2019, 12:37 AM

Will have this tower also an obs deck?

Old Posted Jul 3, 2019, 4:52 PM
New Yorker for life

Quote:
Will have this tower also an obs deck?

Doubtful.

Old Posted Jul 4, 2019, 3:07 PM

Will be demolished the Hotel Pennsylvania?

Old Posted Jul 6, 2019, 10:43 AM

trees up & down the facades of a 1400 ft building ? . .
in Manhattan ? . . the ugly Spiral & this junky-lookin' one . .
maintenance nightmares both . . it gets windy up there . .
dirt, broken branches & garbage flying . .
gnarly, bent, dead shit hanging every which way . .
a dead tree cracks off & kills 5 tourists atop a
double decker . .
at least the jenga downtown, has a pristine look to it . .

Old Posted Jul 8, 2019, 4:25 PM
cle/west village/shaolin

so, its to be a supertall vinoly 56 leonard clone?

with trees??

well ... we do know he can do tall.

it looks like he went cheap on designing the crown for some reason? maybe i am reading too much into that and its just a design choice? i dk.

hmm.

this is an odd one.

it gives off singapore or dubai vibes.

i kind of like it, or maybe the idea of what it wants to be, a very modern, open, jenga-lite tower.

that crown is hideous though.

Old Posted Jul 8, 2019, 11:47 PM

It would never happen, but a supertall art deco tower with a modern walker tower like facade to compliment the ESB would be better than whats proposed now

that and an art deco megatall on the site of msg.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > Proposals