HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > General Development

Old Posted Jun 3, 2023, 2:19 PM
Show me the blueprints

With all the race horses dying left and right maybe they could turn Arlington into an an equine rendering plant?

Asking for a friend.

There is no goodness in him, and his power to convince people otherwise is beyond understanding

Old Posted Jun 3, 2023, 3:15 PM

My wager is that none of this works and they eventually slink back to the city government and demand they pay for a dome over Soldier Field.

Old Posted Jun 3, 2023, 3:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JK47 View Post
Depends on the half-life of whatever it is that's in the "remediated" soil that keeps scaring people away.
I’d love to see the city or state buy the area and plant a bunch of trees. Create a new park and clean the air.

Old Posted Jun 3, 2023, 5:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by moorhosj1 View Post
I’d love to see the city or state buy the area and plant a bunch of trees. Create a new park and clean the air.
While that's not a bad idea, I would want to aim higher for this location (if the Bears indeed back out). Given there's a Metra stop right there, and it's on the highway, it's prime for a dense mixed-use development.

Old Posted Jun 3, 2023, 5:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by twister244 View Post
While that's not a bad idea, I would want to aim higher for this location (if the Bears indeed back out). Given there's a Metra stop right there, and it's on the highway, it's prime for a dense mixed-use development.
They were referring to Southworks not Arlington regarding the park.

Arlington should focus on making their property more dense and productive.

I’ve suspected from the start that the Bears have been lying about the mixed use development, and it’s a bait and switch to get their stadium and entertainment mall paid for by taxpayers.

Can you imagine the McCaskey family managing actual properties where families would live if they’re already crying about taxes? I’d prefer a random Naperville office park interstate property to suffer that fate instead of the nice Arlington grounds.

Old Posted Jun 3, 2023, 7:38 PM

Probably just co-incidental, but hardliner Lightfoot is gone and suddenly the possibilities are at least open to discussion concerning the Bears location. Or it could be a ploy by the Bears to put pressure on Arlington Heights officials. I guess we will find out soon. But Chicago, it's not over till it's over.

Old Posted Jun 3, 2023, 8:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by skysoar View Post
Probably just co-incidental, but hardliner Lightfoot is gone and suddenly the possibilities are at least open to discussion concerning the Bears location. Or it could be a ploy by the Bears to put pressure on Arlington Heights officials. I guess we will find out soon. But Chicago, it's not over till it's over.
It’s because the tax agreements just came out, and the Bears are throwing a tantrum. It’s a pathetic display.

There is no deal to be made with Chicago. Either the Bears have the money and they build wherever or they don’t and have to stay in Soldier Field.

Quote:
District officials confirmed the schools and Churchill Downs Inc. reached the agreement May 31, though the Cook County Board of Review still must approve it.

But because the settlement is only good for one year, the Bears — new owners of the 326-acre property as of February — will have to re-negotiate the value of the land if they want to bring down their 2023 property tax bill. The 2023 taxes will be assessed by the end of this year then be payable in 2024.
https://www.chicagotribune.com/subur...lta-story.html

Old Posted Jun 3, 2023, 9:06 PM

The "Bears" are having a tantrum? The "Bears" are whining? Really? Arlington Heights all of a sudden jacks up the property tax bill from 7.8 million to 16.2 million after the sale of a dead and forgotten race track.

Criminal

Old Posted Jun 3, 2023, 11:38 PM
Becoming Chicago-fied!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhawk66 View Post
The "Bears" are having a tantrum? The "Bears" are whining? Really? Arlington Heights all of a sudden jacks up the property tax bill from 7.8 million to 16.2 million after the sale of a dead and forgotten race track.

Criminal
My heart just bleeds for the poor Bears organization. Oh woe is me, the poor, starving Bears. If they can't pay this tax bill, imagine what a tantrum they'll their once their taxes rise when the stadium and all of that planned entertainment district stuff is built.

Jesus, they're pathetic.

Aaron (Glowrock)

Old Posted Jun 4, 2023, 1:47 AM

Maybe the whole thing will blow up and their face and then they will finally sell the team.

Old Posted Jun 4, 2023, 1:53 AM

Quote:

Criminal
Considering that the Bears just spent the past year trying to get the state to freeze their current property taxes in perpetuity at the rates of a dead and forgotten race track that was getting a tax break to help it stay in operation, they shouldn’t be complaining.

Its Interstate land right down the road from O’Hare, it’s worth the higher tax bill. Arlington school districts even compromised with the Bears for 9.7 million instead of 16 million.

If they don’t have the money, they should sell the team instead of begging for handouts.

Old Posted Jun 4, 2023, 1:59 AM

Quote:

Criminal
Taxes are based on value, if the Bears wanted to pay lower taxes they shouldn't have paid so much for the land

Old Posted Jun 4, 2023, 2:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by glowrock View Post
My heart just bleeds for the poor Bears organization. Oh woe is me, the poor, starving Bears. If they can't pay this tax bill, imagine what a tantrum they'll their once their taxes rise when the stadium and all of that planned entertainment district stuff is built.

Jesus, they're pathetic.

Aaron (Glowrock)
Are you glossing over the tax bill, then? No problem with that?

Last edited by bhawk66; Jun 4, 2023 at 2:59 AM.

Old Posted Jun 4, 2023, 1:11 PM
Becoming Chicago-fied!

Quote:
Are you glossing over the tax bill, then? No problem with that?
Yes, yes I am. I have no problem with the reassessment given their supposed plans for the land.

They bought the land, they are pushing for a new stadium and entertainment district, let them start posting some of the cost for their proposals.

Aaron (Glowrock)

Old Posted Jun 4, 2023, 4:14 PM

Quote:

Criminal
Here the bears would pay the real cost off the assessed value in AH The property may not be operational but it’s still valuable.

The NFL is a valuable business and their clubs receive the types of subsidies that all other private enterprises could only dream of.

Old Posted Jun 4, 2023, 8:57 PM

The "proposed" value? Nothing has been done yet. This is a complete overreach by AH. In addition further parading it in the guise to benefit schools. Ha! My sister has been an overworked school teacher in the northwest suburbs for 22 years and earns enough to pay a small mortgage. She uses her own money to buy necessary school supplies each fall for her students because government won't pay for it. There's probably, what, a thousand teachers in Arlington Heights? I'm pretty sure none of them would receive a raise because these crooks in city hall amped up the property tax bill by over 100% on a whim because they saw the opportunity. The Bears don't deserve any handouts, agreed. But this particular issue is malarkey, plain and simple. The despise for ownership here is blatantly obvious, but it still doesn't mean AH isn't being obnoxiously greedy.

Last edited by bhawk66; Jun 4, 2023 at 11:37 PM.

Old Posted Jun 5, 2023, 2:54 AM

Quote:
The "proposed" value? Nothing has been done yet. This is a complete overreach by AH. In addition further parading it in the guise to benefit schools. Ha! My sister has been an overworked school teacher in the northwest suburbs for 22 years and earns enough to pay a small mortgage. She uses her own money to buy necessary school supplies each fall for her students because government won't pay for it. There's probably, what, a thousand teachers in Arlington Heights? I'm pretty sure none of them would receive a raise because these crooks in city hall amped up the property tax bill by over 100% on a whim because they saw the opportunity. The Bears don't deserve any handouts, agreed. But this particular issue is malarkey, plain and simple. The despise for ownership here is blatantly obvious, but it still doesn't mean AH isn't being obnoxiously greedy.
Lol woah didn’t know simps for dynastic sports franchise owners existed. The idea that the Bears deserve some kind of special assistance for their plans of further self-enrichment is insane.

Old Posted Jun 5, 2023, 2:28 PM
Plenary pleasures.

^^There are PLENTY of people who are blindly devoted to their sports gods, regardless of how objectively greedy and apathetic the organizations are.

Old Posted Jun 5, 2023, 2:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sentinel View Post
^^There are PLENTY of people who are blindly devoted to their sports gods, regardless of how objectively greedy and apathetic the organizations are.
I wonder sometimes.

Hearing the overly online Bears fans of suburban Chicagoland is like, “What brainworms are munching on your gray matter?”

“It’s leverage. So smart. Super Bowl, Final Four, Wrestlemania”

They’re bragging about being scammed out of millions, possibly billions of taxpayer money for the sake of the McCaskey failsons.

When the easy answer is, “No, sell the team to a real rich family that can afford a stadium.”

Old Posted Jun 5, 2023, 8:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Handro View Post
Lol woah didn’t know simps for dynastic sports franchise owners existed. The idea that the Bears deserve some kind of special assistance for their plans of further self-enrichment is insane.
None taken. Simps? lol Yea, the Bears have done fuck all with the property yet. Nothing. But sure double the property tax in one month of buying the place. Based on what "we think" will be there maybe 5 years from now. The Bears don't deserve any handouts. But this is not one, is it? It's land right now. Nothing more. The Bears brought the issue to the state, I wonder where the "simp" minds will land on this one.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > General Development