HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Diagrams & Database > Diagrams

Old Posted Feb 2, 2023, 1:56 PM

Why those Pyramids lost their primary positions ?

Delete

Last edited by CRKMRRMK; Nov 2, 2023 at 8:28 PM.

Old Posted Feb 2, 2023, 5:37 PM
Website Manager

The skyscraper diagrmas aren't currently optimized for structures that have change height and appearance over time. If someone submits a new drawing that is different I may make it primary just because it is new. Pyramids also don't show on the maps which should be changed someday.

Old Posted Feb 3, 2023, 3:14 AM
Intergalactic Barfly

The pyamid of Djedefre has been a ruin for centuries and only a couple of metres high. Descriptions of the pyramid from ancient times tell of dark stone at the base and a very large golden pyramidion at the top. The diagram by J. Eduardo Segundo Hernandez didnt show any of that. As far as what the pyramid actually looked like, nobody today knows. My diagram is almost pure speculation...

The pyramid of Menkaure - all of the other diagrams were the wrong height so I made one that is the proper height...

Also, my most recent pyramid drawing, the Pyramid of Taharqa, is a real structure, not in very good shape, that actually exists. It is not a pile of rubble as depicted by J. Eduardo Segundo Hernandez...

I do not mean to be negative towards him. He is an excellent illustrator with some damn fine drawings. But, the little details count. The height and width of structures must be accurate.

Last edited by koops65; Feb 3, 2023 at 3:30 AM.

Old Posted Feb 3, 2023, 5:31 PM

Delete

Last edited by CRKMRRMK; Nov 2, 2023 at 8:26 PM.

Old Posted Feb 4, 2023, 4:42 PM
I am the law!

Hmm, Those two screen captures illustrate the diagram's set scale are optimized for tall structures.

Old Posted Feb 4, 2023, 11:33 PM
Intergalactic Barfly

Now I'm really confused.

The primary is now showing what appears to be a ruin, but yet the outline is of a perfect pyramid, even coming to a point. This is completely unrealistic. The current ruin is only 11 metres high and certainly not a perfect pyramid...

If you're going to show the pyramid as it was before it became a ruin, why not be accurate? It's supposed to have dark granite at the bottom, limestone in the middle and an oversized pyramidion at the top.

I'm glad we're having this discussion about pyramids, they are one of my favorite topics. We meed more talk about them to get the details right on the diagram page...

Old Posted Feb 5, 2023, 1:21 PM

Delete

Last edited by CRKMRRMK; Nov 2, 2023 at 8:27 PM.

Old Posted Feb 6, 2023, 12:45 AM
I am the law!

It's a pyramid that no longer exists. Every single structure that no longer exists is shown how it looked when it existed. None are shown as a pile of rubble. Most don't have an opportunity to be a pile of rubble having been replaced by new development.

The database is right. A drawing of the completed pyramid with the status destroyed is what makes any sense.

Old Posted Feb 6, 2023, 1:39 AM
Intergalactic Barfly

Totally agree.. it's similar to say, the drawings of the original World Trade Center towers. They're shown as they were when first built.

Old Posted Feb 8, 2023, 4:22 PM

Delete

Old Posted Feb 8, 2023, 9:54 PM
I am the law!

I get it. The pile of rubble is all that is left of a destroyed pyramid. An alternative angle is that a drawing of the pile of rubble is what exists today. It should be marked as built. It's former self as a pyramid is just an anecdote. It's similar to drawing a modernist tower that stands today and marking it as destroyed because it was originally a 1915 Deco tower that was renovated in the 1960s. In my opinion, drawings of the rubble create a Pandora's box of contrary opinions and wouldn't you rather see a drawing of a Pyramid than a pile of rubble?

I'm sure there are many things I do that Dylan rather I don't do.

Don't fret about not being able to edit. Koops and I can do it for you.

Old Posted Feb 8, 2023, 10:16 PM
Intergalactic Barfly

The new drawing of the Great Pyramid by J. Eduardo Segundo Hernandez is very good, almost looks like a photo... well done! Seems to be the beginning of a new series of drawings of the pyramids.

Last edited by koops65; Feb 8, 2023 at 10:30 PM.

Old Posted Feb 8, 2023, 10:38 PM
Intergalactic Barfly

I was right, he made the whole series of big pyramids. Looks very professional. I'm impressed, even though it reduces my primary pyramid drawings to just 1. Oh well... here is a screenshot:

[IMG][/IMG]

Last edited by koops65; Feb 8, 2023 at 10:56 PM.

Old Posted Feb 8, 2023, 10:59 PM

Delete

Old Posted Feb 11, 2023, 2:08 PM
I am the law!

You fighting would be a nice change from all the whining over you not owning the site. All you do is undermine what Dylan has accomplished nitpicking every choice made. You wait for the day SSP goes offline. Emporis being taken off line must have been one of your worst days as SSP is now the most comprehensive online database. Obsession creates a thread over two defunct editors being removed from the list. This is some fucked up shit. hope Dylan has good security.

Images are coming back! A photo of the pile of rubble can compliment a fantasy drawing of how it may have looked completed in one card is an alternative to confusing multiple cads of the same thing

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Diagrams & Database > Diagrams