HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Ontario > Hamilton > Downtown & City of Hamilton

Old Posted Mar 6, 2022, 6:17 PM

I don't love it, and during construction I thought it was absolutely terrible. I find in person with some context around it though it looks a bit better. I posted a picture a while back taken from Main St near Kiwi Condos, looked ok.

Old Posted Sep 3, 2022, 6:27 AM
Forever forward.

Photos from Friday, September 2nd. They've now added black aluminum paneling under the second floor slab, because what this tower really needed was another poorly executed cladding material. They haven't bothered lining up any of the seams in the paneling with the seams of the precast or the mullions, though—that would've required some basic attention to detail that wasn't on the plate here.

Old Posted Sep 3, 2022, 8:33 AM
Exiled Hamiltonian Gal

Going to look better when more development surrounds it. Sticks out too much on the back side right now.

Old Posted Sep 3, 2022, 10:59 AM

Good to see the main st sidewalk finally poured, it still wasn’t done when I last passed by on Thursday.

Looks like there is a permit in the window of the large retail space under the parking area too.

Old Posted Oct 5, 2022, 4:19 PM

Cool photo of the complete building at night by Silviu Raducanu

source

Old Posted Nov 13, 2022, 9:31 PM

First floor is for lease, likely indefinitely:

Follow me on Twitter: https://x.com/ham_bicycleguy?t=T_fx3...SIZNGfD4A&s=09

Old Posted Nov 14, 2022, 1:53 AM
Hamilton Historian

Dear GOD does that front entrance ever look sterile.. Hopefully some trees will cover most of it up..

Old Posted Nov 14, 2022, 4:11 PM

Yes it's quite bad. That's not even the entrance hah, it's on the side, which is also just as stark. Definitely needs some landscaping enhancements.

Old Posted Nov 14, 2022, 6:47 PM
Hammer'd

Yeah its not great and as usual, Main Street doesn't help much.
"Above all, Hamilton must learn to think like a city, not a suburban hybrid where residents drive everywhere. What makes Hamilton interesting is the fact it's a city. The sprawl that surrounds it, which can be found all over North America, is running out of time."

Old Posted Nov 15, 2022, 5:53 PM

I assume they will post the address on the black facing.

Old Posted Dec 6, 2022, 8:37 PM

Went by, and it's encouraging to at least see for lease signs, no matter how unlikely these are to be leased out. I cannot overstate how ugly the parking garage is though. They really need to cover the concrete with something, even glass windows like the Marquee or Platinum. This is just terrible, and the unfinished concrete look around the garage entrance is terrible too, especially when compared with KiWi. All of Darko's builds miss out on the details leaving them looking 98% complete.

Old Posted Jul 17, 2023, 2:45 PM

Does anyone live here or visit here or otherwise have info on the occupancy of this building? Having never been inside, it appears from my observations travelling past that despite being completed a year ago, this building seems like it's half empty!

Old Posted Jul 17, 2023, 2:58 PM

it's definitely occupied. No idea on the occupancy rate. I see cars coming and going from the garage and people walking in and out of the lobby all the time. What makes you think it's half occupied?

It bothers the hell out of me that Vranich couldn't be bothered to even paint the exposed concrete at the garage entrance. It looks awful.

Old Posted Jul 17, 2023, 8:36 PM
Hamilton Historian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Innsertnamehere View Post
it's definitely occupied. No idea on the occupancy rate. I see cars coming and going from the garage and people walking in and out of the lobby all the time. What makes you think it's half occupied?

It bothers the hell out of me that Vranich couldn't be bothered to even paint the exposed concrete at the garage entrance. It looks awful.
I was JUST thinking that.

Old Posted Jul 17, 2023, 8:43 PM

Quote:

Vrancor isn't known for their perfectionism. Marquee apartments still has exposed exterior blue skin wrap where a panel was never installed, and it's been open now for at least what, 2 years?

Old Posted Jul 17, 2023, 9:18 PM

Quote:
What makes you think it's half occupied?
Relative lack of lights on at night, surprising lack of balcony furniture, and the awfully slow pace at which Vrancors preceding completion, Marquee, rented up.

Old Posted Jul 17, 2023, 10:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnyhamont View Post
Relative lack of lights on at night, surprising lack of balcony furniture, and the awfully slow pace at which Vrancors preceding completion, Marquee, rented up.
They're charging bonkers rents. With these they seem to want to keep the rental market high so they're just being patient until they fill. Same with Marquee. Charging market rent can mean it takes years to rent out hundreds of units. The units here are less nice too and in a less desirable area but aren't much cheaper if cheaper at all.

I don't get it, because you could easily discount the rents then raise them later as these buildings aren't rent controlled.

Old Posted Jul 17, 2023, 10:38 PM

Quote:

Take a look at the fine sidewalk work they did along Walnut Street its updated on Google Street View. Instead of moving the fire hydrant they built an aggressive curb around it for cars and snow ploughs to hit. Also bunch of random curb cuts that dont lead anywhere.

Old Posted Jul 17, 2023, 11:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaperSun View Post
Take a look at the fine sidewalk work they did along Walnut Street its updated on Google Street View. Instead of moving the fire hydrant they built an aggressive curb around it for cars and snow ploughs to hit. Also bunch of random curb cuts that dont lead anywhere.
Lol. What the heck is even going on there? The curb cuts look like the concrete guys had the wrong drawings.
Also agree this building is just dark any evening I’m around it which is not often but I’ve noticed it as well.

Old Posted Jul 18, 2023, 3:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crapht View Post
Lol. What the heck is even going on there? The curb cuts look like the concrete guys had the wrong drawings.
Also agree this building is just dark any evening I’m around it which is not often but I’ve noticed it as well.
I figured out what happened. They put the curb cuts back in the spots where the parking lot entrances were before the building.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Ontario > Hamilton > Downtown & City of Hamilton