HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Completed Project Threads Archive

Old Posted Dec 30, 2019, 5:42 PM

Foggy as hell. Cant see.

Old Posted Dec 30, 2019, 5:44 PM
devout Pizzatarian

^ try the #2 camera on top of the OPO.

the #1 camera on sears is indeed not terribly useful today.

Old Posted Dec 30, 2019, 7:55 PM
NYC/NJ/Miami-Dade

Site from above. This parcel is massive on a side note.

Credit: Chicago Cityscape

Old Posted Dec 30, 2019, 8:42 PM

Hello Everyone. Long time site user decide to finally join and contribute. Happy New Year to all.

I have decent viewpoint for this one and post as much as time allow. Was happy to see drilling occure during walk to lunch today. Cheers!

-Franusch

Last edited by TheKeenEye; Dec 30, 2019 at 8:53 PM. Reason: Photo no load

Old Posted Dec 30, 2019, 10:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheKeenEye View Post
Hello Everyone. Long time site user decide to finally join and contribute. Happy New Year to all.

I have decent viewpoint for this one and post as much as time allow. Was happy to see drilling occure during walk to lunch today. Cheers!

-Franusch
Welcome Franusch!

Old Posted Dec 30, 2019, 11:49 PM

Congratulations Chicago on constructing another tall office building! It's currently the second tallest office building rising in Chicago, behind 110 N Wacker.

Old Posted Dec 31, 2019, 8:02 PM

Definitely under construction as of today. . .

. . .

Old Posted Dec 31, 2019, 8:19 PM

Old Posted Dec 31, 2019, 9:13 PM
All-American City Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by pianowizard View Post
Congratulations Chicago on constructing another tall office building! It's currently the second tallest office building rising in Chicago, behind 110 N Wacker.
Another building that makes the top 25 tallest in the city. It would be on the first page of the diagrams for Chicago, but no one made a diagram for this one yet.
4. Chicago Board of Trade - Chicago - Holabird & Root - Photo
5. Cathedral of Learning - Pittsburgh - Charles Klauder - Photo

Old Posted Dec 31, 2019, 9:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomrQT View Post
Another building that makes the top 25 tallest in the city. It would be on the first page of the diagrams for Chicago, but no one made a diagram for this one yet.
Actually Koodoo JUST added a drawing for this - I was even going to mention it here. However it's still only listed as 'proposed' and so you'd have to select that checkbox for it to appear. However the built/construction/proposed is horribly out of date by a couple of years.

Old Posted Dec 31, 2019, 10:10 PM

Speaking of which when you click proposed...what the hell is one grant park? That thing is ass ugly and funky looking. When did it ever get proposed, or is one of the artists just having fun?

Old Posted Dec 31, 2019, 10:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KWillChicago View Post
Speaking of which when you click proposed...what the hell is one grant park? That thing is ass ugly and funky looking. When did it ever get proposed, or is one of the artists just having fun?
That was added recently as another drawing for One Grant Park (now known as NEMA) - which has already been finished though is 'under construction' on the page (green).

If you click the 'all drawings' radio button (and also unselect built so you don't get 50 Willis towers) you can see the alternate/previous drawing. I am not a fan either. (of the drawing)

Old Posted Dec 31, 2019, 10:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomrQT View Post
This is interesting to think about. After Vista, 110 North Wacker, and One Chicago are complete, this building will set at #25 once finished (I think). However, with 1000M and possibly Wolf Point South not far behind, it probably won't be there for long. After this tower, any future tower will have to be nearly 750'+ to crack the top 25. Quite impressive.

Old Posted Jan 1, 2020, 3:40 AM
All-American City Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by rivernorthlurker View Post
Actually Koodoo JUST added a drawing for this - I was even going to mention it here. However it's still only listed as 'proposed' and so you'd have to select that checkbox for it to appear. However the built/construction/proposed is horribly out of date by a couple of years.

Nice. Didn't think to check the proposed items. Koodoo on the ball.

Old Posted Jan 1, 2020, 3:41 AM
All-American City Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheap_Shot View Post
This is interesting to think about. After Vista, 110 North Wacker, and One Chicago are complete, this building will set at #25 once finished (I think). However, with 1000M and possibly Wolf Point South not far behind, it probably won't be there for long. After this tower, any future tower will have to be nearly 750'+ to crack the top 25. Quite impressive.
We definitely are in a good city to be skyscraper enthusiasts.

Old Posted Jan 1, 2020, 4:58 AM
Illustrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by rivernorthlurker View Post
I would have added the drawing earlier but it wasn't actually added to the database until this week.

The Chicago diagram/database is kind of a mess at the moment. A lot of buildings are listed as U/C when they've been completed, Proposed when they're well above ground, etc. Not only that, but lots and lots of heights are incorrect as well. The height of a building can be revised so many times during planning and construction and the diagrams section can't always keep up with it.

Every once in a while I try to request corrections and new buildings, but the sheer amount of requests that would need to be sent in to fix everything is rather daunting.

Old Posted Jan 1, 2020, 3:41 PM

Quote:
Actually this will sit at #26. The height of 150 n Riverside on the diagram page is wrong. It's actually around 750 ft which would push this down one more spot.

Old Posted Jan 1, 2020, 6:02 PM

The Rock

Eye Opener for me: When i started high school in '61 at CVS, One Prudential was the 2nd tallest building at 601' after the Chicago Board of Trade at 605'. Then, the treat was to go to the Top of the Rock and view the city of Big Shoulders from the sky. With the BMO startup, One Pru will drop to 55th. To see all that growth in my lifetime in my hometown is a great feeling.

Last edited by Romero; Jan 1, 2020 at 8:08 PM.

Old Posted Jan 1, 2020, 7:59 PM
BANNED

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Romero View Post
Eye Opener for me: When i started high school in '61 at CVS, One Prudential was the 2nd tallest building at 601' after the Chicago Board of Trade at 605'. Then, the treat was to go to the Top of Rock and view the city of Big Shoulders from the sky. With the BMO startup, One Pru will drop to 55th. To see all that growth in my lifetime in my hometown is a great feeling.
Both incredible.

Old Posted Jan 1, 2020, 9:46 PM

Two angles just up looking at 320 South Canal Street. Happy New Year.

https://app.oxblue.com/open/clarkcon...erconstruction

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Completed Project Threads Archive