HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > Skyscraper & Highrise Construction

Old Posted Sep 28, 2022, 2:49 PM

So Is the taller
of the 3 towers yet to be built? Confusing to get your bearings cause of how large the project is.

Old Posted Oct 5, 2022, 8:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadhattersLT View Post
So Is the taller
of the 3 towers yet to be built? Confusing to get your bearings cause of how large the project is.
I believe they're talking about the dark colored building in the top left of the first image in this article. If you look at the drone pictures that Tony posted, that building is supposed to be built on top of the flat white roof directly adjacent to the Acme parking garage.

As far as I can tell, that building and the white building that wraps around the pool parking garage are the only structures left to be built. If the tallest building is being shelved for now, this project could be topping out pretty soon.

Old Posted Oct 8, 2022, 2:53 PM
i heart philly

Old Posted Jan 13, 2023, 3:43 PM
Chris

Nice to see a good article from the Inquirer.

This project is shouting for a Wegmans, Whole Foods or Trader Joe's to compliment the Giant Heirloom and Acme.

70% of the units in the new first phase have been rented. Contrary to the Negadelphian anecdote that no one is moving into new construction. Also mentioned the next phase will start in Q2 of this year.

Northern Liberties grows up as high rises for families come to Philly’s most gentrified neighborhood
https://www.inquirer.com/real-estate...-20230113.html

...the neighborhood has gone through more rises and falls than the Roman Empire. But its current ascent is seeing 5,200 new homes in mostly mid- to high-rise projects permitted over the last four years, according to the Northern Liberties Neighbors Association (NLNA).

The centerpiece of the action is a 1,126-unit apartment complex from the Post Brothers, a high-end development that the neighborhood hasn’t previously seen.

Dubbed Piazza Alta, the project’s scale sets it apart in the neighborhood. The first phase was completed at the end of 2022, with almost 700 rental units and amenities such as a state-of-the-art co-working space already open. A swim club is scheduled to debut next month.

Rents run from $1,850 a month to almost $13,000 a month for the penthouse, and 70% of delivered units have been leased, Post Brothers said. More than 400 units are planned for the second phase of the project, which they say will begin construction as soon as the second quarter of this year despite rising interest rates.

Old Posted Jan 13, 2023, 3:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PHLtoNYC View Post
Also mentioned the next phase will start in Q2 of this year.
What is the next phase? It seems pretty built out already.

Last edited by mcgrath618; Jan 13, 2023 at 5:39 PM.

Old Posted Jan 13, 2023, 4:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by japmes View Post

I think it refers to the project on Hancock?

Last edited by mcgrath618; Jan 13, 2023 at 5:39 PM.

Old Posted Jan 13, 2023, 4:17 PM

NoLibs is basically becoming a second downtown area at this point. It's so fun to see

Old Posted Jan 13, 2023, 4:18 PM
Chris

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcgrath618 View Post

I think it refers to the project on Hancock?
Latest summary I could find...

Two 12-story high-rises (one on Germantown Avenue and another at the block interior),
A 200-foot-tall, 16-story building at 1104 North Hancock Street, at the site’s northeast corner.
Two eight-story buildings, one on Germantown Avenue at the site’s southwest corner and another at the site’s eastern edge along North Hancock Street, cantilevered over the public promenade.

So they may be referring to the 16-story tower?

Last edited by mcgrath618; Jan 13, 2023 at 5:38 PM.

Old Posted Jan 13, 2023, 6:30 PM

Quote:
It's almost built out but the retail is yet to mature. With area demographics, NoLibs should have a much stronger retail corridor, esp immediately around the Piazza.

The article does mention schools as the key to keeping more young families, and this is one of the reasons why Northern Liberties I think has been bypassed by Fishtown in some ways.

The core of Northern Liberties (what I'd call Front to 6th, Spring Garden to Girard) is split between 3 elementary school catchments. Thus, although Kearny (at 6th & Fairmount) is the de facto neighborhood school, only a 3rd of the neighborhood is actually zoned to it.

North of Poplar is zoned to a school in South Kensington and the very northeast portion of the neighborhood (like Hope Street/Allen Street) is zoned to Adaire in Fishtown.

Thus, there has never been any full sale neighborhood adoption of Kearny.

I know the city is doing an extensive review of elementary school catchments but this one is in desperate need of an overhall. It would be hard to dump the streets from Adaire into the Kearny catchment, as Adaire is a better school and the families would be furious, but it would be super logical to collapse all of the balance of NoLibs between Front all the way out to say 8th, between Spring Garden and Girard into Kearny.

Old Posted Jan 13, 2023, 7:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3rd&Brown View Post
It's almost built out but the retail is yet to mature. With area demographics, NoLibs should have a much stronger retail corridor, esp immediately around the Piazza.
The streetscape redesign for 2nd that the BID is working on would be so massive if it actually happens. PDF warning. I legitimately think this could be the best retail corridor in the entire city if that project happens and is done correctly.

Old Posted Jan 13, 2023, 7:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by philly_account12 View Post
The streetscape redesign for 2nd that the BID is working on would be so massive if it actually happens. PDF warning. I legitimately think this could be the best retail corridor in the entire city if that project happens and is done correctly.
Woah - I had no idea they were planning on redoing 2nd street as well. If this and the spring garden improvement project actually get done

Old Posted Jan 13, 2023, 7:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gatorade_Jim View Post
Woah - I had no idea they were planning on redoing 2nd street as well. If this and the spring garden improvement project actually get done
Truly game changing. I just hope these don't get the Washington Ave treatment.

Old Posted Jan 13, 2023, 8:14 PM

Quote:
Latest summary I could find...

Two 12-story high-rises (one on Germantown Avenue and another at the block interior),
A 200-foot-tall, 16-story building at 1104 North Hancock Street, at the site’s northeast corner.
Two eight-story buildings, one on Germantown Avenue at the site’s southwest corner and another at the site’s eastern edge along North Hancock Street, cantilevered over the public promenade.

So they may be referring to the 16-story tower?
In addition to the 16-story tower, the other piece not yet built which is shown in the renderings is the second 8-story building along Germantown facing the Piazza. They did one story of concrete pour and then haven't touched it since. So my best guess is those two elements combined equal phase 2.

Old Posted Jan 17, 2023, 6:13 PM

Quote:
Nice to see a good article from the Inquirer.

This project is shouting for a Wegmans, Whole Foods or Trader Joe's to compliment the Giant Heirloom and Acme.

70% of the units in the new first phase have been rented. Contrary to the Negadelphian anecdote that no one is moving into new construction. Also mentioned the next phase will start in Q2 of this year.

Northern Liberties grows up as high rises for families come to Philly’s most gentrified neighborhood
https://www.inquirer.com/real-estate...-20230113.html

...the neighborhood has gone through more rises and falls than the Roman Empire. But its current ascent is seeing 5,200 new homes in mostly mid- to high-rise projects permitted over the last four years, according to the Northern Liberties Neighbors Association (NLNA).

The centerpiece of the action is a 1,126-unit apartment complex from the Post Brothers, a high-end development that the neighborhood hasn’t previously seen.

Dubbed Piazza Alta, the project’s scale sets it apart in the neighborhood. The first phase was completed at the end of 2022, with almost 700 rental units and amenities such as a state-of-the-art co-working space already open. A swim club is scheduled to debut next month.

Rents run from $1,850 a month to almost $13,000 a month for the penthouse, and 70% of delivered units have been leased, Post Brothers said. More than 400 units are planned for the second phase of the project, which they say will begin construction as soon as the second quarter of this year despite rising interest rates.

Old Posted Jan 17, 2023, 7:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by New2Fishtown View Post
In addition to the 16-story tower, the other piece not yet built which is shown in the renderings is the second 8-story building along Germantown facing the Piazza. They did one story of concrete pour and then haven't touched it since. So my best guess is those two elements combined equal phase 2.
There's also a plan to replace Liberties Walk.

Old Posted Jan 17, 2023, 8:34 PM

Quote:
There's also a plan to replace Liberties Walk.
replace it from American to 3rd.. for now. other observations Germantown ave is now a pedestrian walkway except it's not it's a driveway for the parking garage, genius. And they kicked out a couple of the original piazza businesses with a couple months notice, nice guys.

Old Posted Jan 18, 2023, 12:43 AM

As an aside, I was walking around on the streets behind the Piazza yesterday in that triangle of streets between Northern Liberties and Fishtown, and this building has completely changed the feel of that pocket.

1. Where the backsides of these buildings meet the street, they are very much treated like the front facades. There are what look to be townhome units with front doors (and first floor windows) directly opening onto Hancock Street.
2. They look really really expensive and well done.
3. There is what looks to be a corridor (currently closed) that will provide direct access to the courtyard/public space of this phase from Hancock.
4. Post Brothers are obviously maintaining this side of the development. The streets felt much cleaner and attended to than they have in the past.

Overall, it feels borderline posh. Whereas this little pocket of NoLibs always felt like the bastard child of the neighborhood, it's moving in the direction of being its hidden gem.

Old Posted Jan 18, 2023, 12:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ok-ez View Post
other observations Germantown ave is now a pedestrian walkway except it's not it's a driveway for the parking garage, genius.
went through all that effort to reprogram Germantown Avenue and didn't bury the powerlines. honest to god. they threw a few flowers around them though.

Old Posted Jan 18, 2023, 6:08 PM

Quote:
went through all that effort to reprogram Germantown Avenue and didn't bury the powerlines. honest to god. they threw a few flowers around them though.
I also walked around there earlier this week and noticed the exact same thing. They literally landscaped the powerline poles

Old Posted Jan 24, 2023, 5:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ok-ez View Post
replace it from American to 3rd.. for now. other observations Germantown ave is now a pedestrian walkway except it's not it's a driveway for the parking garage, genius. And they kicked out a couple of the original piazza businesses with a couple months notice, nice guys.
Hey, it is the Post bros. sort of what I've learned to expect.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > Skyscraper & Highrise Construction