HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations

Old Posted May 11, 2021, 2:19 PM
Ridin' into the sunset

Indeed, that is by design, and yes, the podium levels will be (mostly) wrapped in LED screens, similar to Circa next door.
"Then each time Fleetwood would be not so much overcome by remorse as bedazzled at having been shown the secret backlands of wealth, and how sooner or later it depended on some act of murder, seldom limited to once."

Against the Day, Thomas Pynchon

Old Posted May 12, 2021, 2:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pwright1 View Post

Wow, it's rising fast!

I noticed the 64 story tower is 5 or 6 floors up as well.

Old Posted May 12, 2021, 3:10 AM

Any updates on Brookfield and 8th and Figueroa Towers?

Old Posted May 12, 2021, 6:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blesha13 View Post
Any updates on Brookfield and 8th and Figueroa Towers?

Old Posted May 12, 2021, 7:07 AM

42 story Mitsui apt tower u/c at 8th and Fig.

Old Posted May 12, 2021, 12:15 PM

Adjaye associates and studio one eleven to reshape downtown LA with 'fourth & central'

Design Boom
May 11, 2021

"Adjaye associates teams with studio one eleven to reimagine a downtown gateway site in los angeles with their ‘fourth & central’ development. presented by denver-based developer continuum partners, the 7.6-acre site at 4th street and central avenue will be transformed into a resilient, sustainable community that will provide a variety of housing options and jobs. the project will introduce to the california city over 1,500 residential units, creative office space, retail and restaurants, and a 68-room hotel. overall, the masterplan comprises ten distinct buildings, ranging in height from 2 to 42 stories. the spirit of the development is in line with plans to rejuvenate the city’s transit system, bringing it into the 21st century to better connect the neighborhoods of LA.

Alan pullman, founding principal of studio one eleven notes: ‘fourth & central’ provides an unmatched opportunity to leverage major transit improvements in a way that responsibly uplifts the community with increased housing and commercial opportunities. working with david adjaye and his team, we’ve designed an open, street-level plan that incrementally connects with the neighborhood, providing diverse buildings, a rich mix of uses, and abundant green space — all human-scaled and accessible.’"

https://www.designboom.com/architect...ia-05-11-2021/

Last edited by 202_Cyclist; May 12, 2021 at 12:47 PM.

Old Posted May 13, 2021, 12:31 AM

^^^ I know everyone is pessimistic when it comes to anything getting built in LA but I really really hope this one gets built. Can do a lot for the area and tip the iceberg for proposals in the arts district and surrounding areas. The new 6th street bridge is already helping in that department I feel. I just hope before that area is built out that the streets get realigned before its too late. The street grid in that area is soooo all over the place.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scania View Post

That would be great for Broadway Center. That corner will be awesome.

https://commercialobserver.com/2021/...-office-hotel/

Found the article. Not sure if I'm reading it right though lol, still an interesting read. Maybe somebody can explain it in Layman's terms.

I might get chewed out for saying this but am I the only one who feels the Broadway trade center should have gotten a tower or two sticking through its roof? its massive enough. I think that should be the goal for a lot of those big/older buildings in the historic core. Keep the façade (something like the Hearst Tower in NYC) but the interior should be fair game if its not toooo impressive.

Last edited by caligrad; May 13, 2021 at 1:37 AM.

Old Posted May 13, 2021, 1:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by caligrad View Post
^^^ I know everyone is pessimistic when it comes to anything getting built in LA but I really really hope this one gets built. Can do a lot for the area and tip the iceberg for proposals in the arts district and surrounding areas. The new 6th street bridge is already helping in that department I feel. I just hope before that area is built out that the streets get realigned before its too late. The street grid in that area is soooo all over the place.

https://commercialobserver.com/2021/...-office-hotel/

Found the article. Not sure if I'm reading it right though lol, still an interesting read. Maybe somebody can explain it in Layman's terms.

I might get chewed out for saying this but am I the only one who feels the Broadway trade center should have gotten a tower or two sticking through its roof? its massive enough. I think that should be the goal for a lot of those big/older buildings in the historic core. Keep the façade (something like the Hearst Tower in NYC) but the interior should be fair game if its not toooo impressive.
That’s a very good read...that rooftop was supposed to be used for dining, and a couple of other things.

Old Posted May 13, 2021, 4:44 AM

Yeah, I'm not sure if that means they secured more funding or that they don't have to payback their loan until the end of the year. Either way, I think we can all agree the Broadway trade center is probably the most important project in the historic core at the moment.

Old Posted May 13, 2021, 6:38 PM

https://urbanize.city/la/post/finall...ory-dtla-tower

11th and Olive project approved by planning

Another great addition to South Park imo

4 year development plan and great neighborhood contributions

Quote:
According to the staff report, the developer will now be required to make an approximately $10.6-million contribution to the citywide affordable housing trust fund, while also setting aside $200,000 for the South Park business improvement district to build a parklet and dog run in the neighborhood. An additional $10.8 million would be invested into on-site improvements, including the proposed ground-level plaza.

Old Posted May 13, 2021, 8:27 PM
你的媽媽

^ Pretty nice looking tower, and I like they incorporated the podium into the design better than some other recent DTLA towers. Should really help the skyline extend further to the southwest. 15 stories of parking is a bit much though.

Old Posted May 13, 2021, 9:12 PM
DENNAB

Holy cow! Best news of the day

Have Angels Landing and Olympia also been approved?

Old Posted May 13, 2021, 9:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zapatan View Post
Holy cow! Best news of the day

Have Angels Landing and Olympia also been approved?
Olympia has been approved by the LA Planning Commission (not sure about the City Council yet)
https://urbanize.city/la/post/city-p...ia-development

Angel's Landing released its draft environmental report in January (so I don't believe its been approved yet)
https://urbanize.city/la/post/2-bill...r-step-forward

Old Posted May 17, 2021, 1:21 AM

Untitled by Hugh B, on Flickr

THE GARLAND restoration

[/IMG]

[IMG]Untitled by Hugh B, on Flickr[/IMG]

Apple Store Street level facade revealed

Last edited by hughfb3; May 17, 2021 at 2:13 AM.

Old Posted May 17, 2021, 11:10 AM

yeah baby nice pics Hugh, those facades look classy!

Old Posted May 17, 2021, 10:13 PM

According to tht security guard at oceanwide, it should restart in June. Let's hope that's true

Old Posted May 17, 2021, 10:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LosAngelesSportsFan View Post
According to tht security guard at oceanwide, it should restart in June. Let's hope that's true
I was told the same thing....didn’t want to disappoint. Also, though it might be waiting longer due to Covid protocols, but the Apple store will be ready in 3 weeks.

Old Posted May 18, 2021, 1:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hughfb3 View Post
Apple Store Street level facade revealed

Untitled Hugh B on Flickr

First close up pics I've seen of the tower theater with the construction barricades torn down! I like the way that formerly rundown, increasingly abandoned...or totally abandoned...places like that in dtla have a comeback story.

I think this will be one of the more original, more self identifiable apple stores in the world.....most of the others have become a bit too much of the same ol, same ol. The minimalist format for apple is now too much a case of been there, done that. so the tower theater store should be a nice change.

Video Link

Old Posted May 18, 2021, 2:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LosAngelesSportsFan View Post
I was looking at the website rental listings today for the park fifth apt tower across from pershing sq. When it opened over a yr ago, leasing had slowed to a crawl. The pandemic has obviously been crunch time for various businesses...but the apt bldg's current occupancy rate...although not SRO...looks fairly decent right now. that surprised me since when I looked at their page late last yr, I could tell their leasing office was fairly quiet.

other devlprs in dtla have to be keeping track of what their competitors are doing. So a park fifth may make them less hesitant about moving forward.

What's that saying? a rising tide lifts all boats.

Old Posted May 18, 2021, 4:22 AM

Wow, those new lights on Broadway look pretty awesome!

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations