HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Southwest

Old Posted Jul 8, 2016, 6:37 PM
BANNED

I like.

Old Posted Jul 8, 2016, 6:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by exit2lef View Post
While I have no confirmation of this rumor, it wouldn't surprise me at all if this occurred. The land is much more valuable than the ale house, so for someone who doesn't seem to share the vision of many of his neighbors (although biggus will probably tell us there's a silent majority that agree with him), relocating the business and selling the land would be a logical outcome and not an entirely bad one.
Let's all be real with ourselves here, we know that the reason he's fighting the Derby is it will make his land harder to sell, he would then have a small piece of land up against a zero lot line high rise with windows, how would he ever sell it?

Old Posted Jul 8, 2016, 9:08 PM
Skyriser

I'm much more interested in the brochure:

https://cassidyturley.onehub.com/d/x6h2/

They're actively marketing the remaining development pads now.

Old Posted Jul 8, 2016, 9:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by combusean View Post

Dead link =(

Old Posted Jul 8, 2016, 9:19 PM
BANNED

Works fine.

Old Posted Jul 8, 2016, 9:24 PM

Quote:

Works fine for me too! Holy crap...love this vision and hopefully all pads are developed in near future.

Finally...a developer with the experience on how to possibly do the AZ Center right. Also, love the idea of ASU enhancing their presence with another building

Old Posted Jul 8, 2016, 9:30 PM
self-important urbanista

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obadno View Post
Dead link =(
Nothing displayed for me, and then I saw this message:

"Problems downloading? Try the direct link."

The direct link downloaded a PDF for me. It looks encouraging if Cushman & Wakefield can actually make it all happen.

Old Posted Jul 9, 2016, 3:28 AM

Didn't work for me.

Old Posted Jul 9, 2016, 4:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by airomero83 View Post
Works fine for me too! Holy crap...love this vision and hopefully all pads are developed in near future.

Finally...a developer with the experience on how to possibly do the AZ Center right. Also, love the idea of ASU enhancing their presence with another building
This is fantastic... even if half of this gets done! I'd think a residential tower would definitely be doable and could target the bio workforce. That would in turn help revive the retail and restaurants, which really shouldn't be struggling as much as they are with all the new nearby housing. But we've discussed endlessly the inward design is no help, especially with no easy access from the North for pedestrians from Roosevelt.

Old Posted Jul 10, 2016, 12:17 PM

More news from the front lines, well, Facebook, a coffee shop called Grand Central Coffee has opened in the old Amsterdam spot by Westward Ho. While news like this isn't really big, what seperates it from your average coffee shop like Lola is the beer on tap and part restaurant/general store mix this place brings. Best bit of news, they plan to be a 24/7 destination by August.

Excellent to see ambitious people flocking, with confidence, to the dynamic landscape of downtown. Hope this begins a trend of 24 hour spots for the restless and students to hang out at. Now if only the Derby and the Circles project would break ground...

Old Posted Jul 10, 2016, 3:10 PM

I went there Friday, it was fantastic.

Old Posted Jul 10, 2016, 10:10 PM

Quote:

Didn't work on my work computer but that plan looks great!!! I doubt it iwll happen though.

Thats three new high rises, plus, Barrister, Circles, Derby and the Hospital tower.

Its starting to feel like 2007 again

Old Posted Jul 10, 2016, 11:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obadno View Post
Didn't work on my work computer but that plan looks great!!! I doubt it iwll happen though.

Thats three new high rises, plus, Barrister, Circles, Derby and the Hospital tower.

Its starting to feel like 2007 again
Exciting! Off hand, do you have the proposed heights for these 7 towers?

Old Posted Jul 11, 2016, 2:15 AM
Modulator

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocksteady View Post
Exciting! Off hand, do you have the proposed heights for these 7 towers?
The heights vary from 16 to 21 floors. So off-and, I would guess between 175'ish to 255'ish. So, nothing spectacular in regards to height, but very good infill heights.

If a lot of this stuff pans out...with AZ Center showing proposed towers, we could see 8 or 9 tower over the next few years. Let's see how the market holds.

BTW, the Transwestern development next to Burton Barr is advertising Class A space for lease, but I can't find anything on what they are building. I'm guessing 3 or 4 floors? Anyone have any info on this?

Old Posted Jul 11, 2016, 2:49 AM
Skyriser

The Arizona Center pads aren't towers yet, they're simply high-rise development sites being marketed for sale. The massings in the brochure aren't representative of anything.

Old Posted Jul 11, 2016, 3:13 AM

There is a site plan review for the lot next to OCPE; Hampton Inn. I looked a few up and there are several in the midrise range in downtowns, so since a dual-brand is likely out (or it would be referenced), I hope this clears the 10-story barrier.

AZ Center... the theater entrance and new building on Van Buren are about the only two changes that seem to make this any less of a suburban strip. Yes, the video makes 3rd Street seem alive and busy, but look at the actual walls... all they have proposed is additional signage on the upper floors. If ASU reinvested into Taylor and a few entrances moved to Fillmore and 3rd streets, though, I do think this is a good - and only possible - spot for national retail. A mix of H&M, Apple, Zumies, Barnes & Noble (ASU branded), some smaller individual stores, and perhaps something like a Nordstrom Rack as one of the anchors would be great. The demographics are so diverse from poor + students to those living in the newer projects down 4th street.

VB would improve with the proposed mixed use hotel... a signature restaurant there and the new building opposite Hooters would be good book-ends. Fillmore looks like it'll continue to be totally disconnected from both the AZ Center itself and the adjacent residential area. Having no pedestrian entrance from the north is a mistake that needs to be corrected. The City owns the parking structure and lot at 4/Fillmore which account for the biggest dead zone on the site. With the new towers being built with their own garages, I feel like there is no functional use for that corner.

Old Posted Jul 11, 2016, 3:21 AM

There is a project by Hines called "The Canyon" being developed on Fillmore/Central. Any news on that? They are mostly office developers, no? That stretch is kind of 'meh' knowing the Ho will never be restored, ASU having no commercial presence, etc. I just hope it's tall in parts and not just one massive 5-story superblock.

The City continues to RFP the most random properties as Adams/Central, Knipe House, and the AZ Center lots sit empty. Up soon are the Deck Apartments on Moreland/3rd Street. No mention of a desire for density or mix of uses, so I don't really get it.

Oh, and wouldn't it have been nice for ASU to build their senior tower downtown, where they have an excess of land? It'd be the perfect residential component to the PBC, and if the politics could work out, might have been the only way to swap with the Ho.

Old Posted Jul 11, 2016, 3:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jjs5056 View Post
OCPE
Sorry, I'm sure this will be obvious once you spell it out, but I am lost...

Old Posted Jul 11, 2016, 4:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PHXFlyer11 View Post
Sorry, I'm sure this will be obvious once you spell it out, but I am lost...
I think it's for One Central Park East aka Freeport-McMoRan

Old Posted Jul 11, 2016, 5:29 PM

Monument on Jefferson

Haven't seen this one talked about I don't think.

https://www.phoenix.gov/pddsite/Documents/Z-23-16.pdf

"Monument on Jefferson," Planned for 12th St./Jefferson between light rail lines. It's a big proposal, filling out the rest of the block where "Washington Enclave" (8 stories, 100' of condos) is planned.

Looks like Monument is proposed 5 buildings over a total of about 5.5 acres. 4 buildings would be residential or mixed-use residential. One would be a hotel. Two residential and the hotel (total of 3) would be 10 stories. The other residential would be 7 and 8 stories. Highest building at 100'. 150 du/ac.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Southwest