HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > Proposals

Old Posted Jun 20, 2022, 5:51 PM
DENNAB

This building is gorgeous, is it actually happening? Can't wait to see how they pull off the facade if so.

Old Posted Jun 20, 2022, 5:54 PM
BANNED

The materials should be amazing. ODA does high-quality work.

Old Posted Jun 20, 2022, 6:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zapatan View Post
This building is gorgeous, is it actually happening? Can't wait to see how they pull off the facade if so.
Yeah it's fully approved. Idk the current status of the site tho, pretty sure it's just a pit

Old Posted Jun 20, 2022, 6:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMKeynes View Post
The materials should be amazing. ODA does high-quality work.
I believe this will be ODA's first supertall in NYC.

Old Posted Aug 24, 2022, 3:02 AM
BANNED

Does anyone know the address that the DOB is using? There are no recent filings under 41 W 57th.

Old Posted Aug 24, 2022, 6:14 PM
DENNAB

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMKeynes View Post
Does anyone know the address that the DOB is using? There are no recent filings under 41 W 57th.
I remember a ways back in the thread there were some applications stating 41-45 W 57th or 41-47 W 57th but I'm not sure if that makes a difference.

I'd just assume for now the official address is the title, but correct me if I'm wrong.

Would love for this to start this year (or even next). I wonder how likely that is.

Old Posted Aug 24, 2022, 6:26 PM
BANNED

Quote:
I remember a ways back in the thread there were some applications stating 41-45 W 57th or 41-47 W 57th but I'm not sure if that makes a difference.

I'd just assume for now the official address is the title, but correct me if I'm wrong.

Would love for this to start this year (or even next). I wonder how likely that is.
I'm sure it's on track. They have a commitment to a hotel. There aren't even that many apartments.

Old Posted Aug 24, 2022, 8:03 PM

I don't recall any commitments being agreed upon, the developers only expressed their intention for this to be mixed use with residential and hotel.

Old Posted Sep 6, 2022, 5:03 PM
BANNED

Can someone copy and paste this? It’s about market demand.

https://therealdeal.com/?_ptid=%7Bkp...aKWd45gGcBl4DA

Old Posted Oct 27, 2022, 6:07 PM
BANNED

Old Posted Oct 28, 2022, 12:37 AM
DENNAB

Nice, good to see this is still alive

Old Posted Oct 28, 2022, 2:30 AM
BANNED

Quote:
Nice, good to see this is still alive
Global financial Turbulence is good for high-end NY real estate because very rich people park their money in NY properties, which are a solid, safe haven. The aftermath of 2008 is an example of that.

Old Posted Dec 28, 2022, 2:39 PM
NYC/NJ/Miami-Dade

1,100-Foot Supertall Awaits Construction At 41-47 West 57th Street In Midtown, Manhattan

Quote:
The fourth-tallest building on our year-end countdown is 41-47 West 57th Street, a proposed 1,100-foot mixed-use supertall along Billionaires’ Row in Midtown. Designed by OMA and developed by Sedesco, the 63-story skyscraper will yield 119 condominium units spread across 237,000 square feet, a 158-room hotel spanning 205,100 square feet on floors two through 20, and a 10,212-square-foot restaurant. The tower is set to rise from an interior plot between Fifth and Sixth Avenues with frontage along both West 57th and West 58th Streets.

Recent photos show the site cleared of its three low-rise former occupants and awaiting the start of construction activity. 41-47 West 57th Street would become the fourth-tallest supertall skyscraper on 57th Street after the Central Park Tower, 111 West 57th Street, and 432 Park Avenue.

he main rendering shows the tower featuring a gradual taper on the northern elevation, complementing the look of SHoP’s nearby 111 West 57th Street. This profile is clad in a glass curtain wall, while the eastern face is depicted with an envelope composed of concrete surrounding recessed opaque windows that reduce in size to a sharp point at the tower’s parapet.

It was last reported that Sedesco will build two new elevators for the nearby 57th Street subway station along Sixth Avenue, servicing the local F train. These transit improvements will make the station fully ADA accessible and permit the developer to construct 1 additional acre of extra floor space. One elevator will be located at the southwestern corner of West 56th Street and Sixth Avenue, while the second elevator will connect the underground mezzanine to the platform. This allowance is part of a recently approved change in a zoning law, called Zoning For Accessibility, which provides developers the ability to construct up to 20 percent more square footage through public contributions and improvements to the city’s infrastructure. 41-47 West 57th Street would receive a total of 53,029 square feet of added floor space. This allowance was approved by the City Planning Commission on December 1, 2021.

It’s unclear when 41-47 West 57th Street is expected to start work, but previous reports indicate construction is planned to unfold in a single phase over a period of roughly 45 to 48 months. If things get underway sometime next year, it’s possible the tower could reach completion by 2027 or 2028.
=====================
NYY

Old Posted Dec 28, 2022, 2:54 PM
BANNED

I really hope that this starts soon. Same with 31 W 57th. It’s lousy they Vornado razed those beautiful buildings and have left an empty lot for around 7 years.

Old Posted Mar 20, 2023, 1:19 AM
New Yorker for life

Took a peak at the site yesterday, no site prep yet. I don't think they'll start without the necessary funding in place to pull it through.

“Office buildings are our factories – whether for tech, creative or traditional industries we must continue to grow our modern factories to create new jobs,” said United States Senator Chuck Schumer.

Old Posted Mar 20, 2023, 6:50 PM
DENNAB

It's one of the last opportunities to have such views of Central Park.

Even in tough times there must be some demand for such residences... I'm somewhat hopeful for this one.

Old Posted Mar 20, 2023, 7:37 PM
New Yorker for life

Quote:
It's one of the last opportunities to have such views of Central Park.

Even in tough times there must be some demand for such residences... I'm somewhat hopeful for this one.
There are more in the area, but this one is primed to go. It just needs financing.

“Office buildings are our factories – whether for tech, creative or traditional industries we must continue to grow our modern factories to create new jobs,” said United States Senator Chuck Schumer.

Old Posted Apr 24, 2023, 8:51 PM

The footprint has expanded.

Quote:
The New York-based developer acquired a 13-story Class B office property at 37 West 57th Street, adding 87,855 square feet to its existing property at 41-47 West 57th
https://therealdeal.com/new-york/202...ow-assemblage/

Old Posted Apr 24, 2023, 9:10 PM
Show me the blueprints

^ I was wondering if that would happen. I'm okay with the loss, the building aside from it's somewhat nice Greek Revival base is mostly a bore.

At this point I'm beginning to wonder if they are going to try to purchase 58W58 as well. It's a drab turd of a 1970s apartment building begging for the wrecking ball. If they do they would create a very sizable lot for an even bigger supertall.

There is no goodness in him, and his power to convince people otherwise is beyond understanding

Old Posted Apr 24, 2023, 9:14 PM
New Yorker for life

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeSelby View Post

This will most certainly update plans. That's a 20% increase in total project size (currently at about 440,000 sf. Though that won't necessarily translate into height, even a little more height makes this one more visible.

Quote:
The New York-based developer paid $77.5 million for a 13-story Class B office property at 37 West 57th Street, adding 87,855 square feet to its existing property at 41-47 West 57th.

Sedesco is building a 63-story skyscraper — a mix of hotel, retail and residential — designed by Rem Koolhaas of OMA.

Sedesco’s 57th Street zoning was approved in 2021 through the New York City’s Zoning for Accessibility program. As part of ZFA, Sedesco is building two ADA-accessible elevators at the southwest corner of West 56th Street and Sixth Avenue in exchange for the zoning. The elevators will provide access to the F line’s 57th Street station.

The subway improvements, which Sedesco general counsel Derek Gilchrist said are already underway, are expected to be completed in 2024.

The expanded footprint...

Building on the right...

This building could have gone to expand either of the development sites (Solo site to the east)

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > Proposals