HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations

Old Posted Jul 2, 2021, 4:33 PM

I'm in the minority, but I like it.

It is borderline too busy, but I appreciate the gold, concealed parking and the accents throughout the building a la 167 Green and another u/c building that escapes me.

I also enjoy the blue glass and red brick combo.

Old Posted Jul 2, 2021, 9:29 PM

I like 400 N Elizabeth also.

Think Tombstoner may have been referring to 1320 Fullerton. If thats the case I wholeheartedly agree...its brutal. Looks like downtown Albuquerque circa 1985.

Old Posted Jul 3, 2021, 4:02 PM

Renderings Revealed For Revised Mixed-Use Development At 1130 N State Street In Gold Coast

Quote:
Renderings have been revealed for a revised mixed-use development at 1130 N State Street in the Gold Coast. The project site is located on a corner lot at the intersection of N State Street and W Elm Street. Currently the property is occupied by a shuttered Barnes and Noble store and a surface parking lot. Newcastle Limited is in charge of the development.

ChicagoYimby (link above)

ChicagoYimby (link above)

I know some would prefer a taller building here but since that seems highly unlikely, I'm good with this update. Looks decent, especially at the ground level.

Old Posted Jul 3, 2021, 6:57 PM

^That looks great! Agreed that the street presence is perfect. I think the neighbors complained a ton to the alderman and knocked the height down. This is a decent compromise IMO.

Old Posted Jul 4, 2021, 12:52 AM

Thanks for sharing - I have been waiting for updates on this.

I found this intriguing, "The Lou Malnati’s building will still be redeveloped at a later point, pulling the structure back to create space for a sidewalk café." That could be very cool with a plaza like area depending on how far they pull it back.

Old Posted Jul 4, 2021, 2:09 PM

Omni Grand - 369 W Grand

June 24

Old Posted Jul 4, 2021, 7:15 PM

609 W Randolph

July 1

Old Posted Jul 4, 2021, 9:35 PM

K3 - 354 N Union

July 1

no lower level next to the cave ?

Stalworth wrapping it up.

Old Posted Jul 5, 2021, 11:31 AM

800 W Fulton

July 1

Old Posted Jul 5, 2021, 4:58 PM

This update looks more NYC and less Chicago unlike the previous design. I still like it.

Build it!

Old Posted Jul 5, 2021, 7:57 PM

1400 W Randolph

July 1

And that's all ( note the bent over rebar at the top of the columns ).

Urbanize article with more photos.
https://urbanize.city/chicago/post/w...lton-evo-union

Old Posted Jul 5, 2021, 10:55 PM
1st Ward

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toasty Joe View Post
Updated renderings on YIMBY of the Morris Adjmi proposal in Fulton Market (previous rendering in article as well). I like the darker brick but the massing seems a little off. Build it, though!

https://chicagoyimby.com/2021/07/prc...on-market.html

Wow, I think its an improvement. The massing stepping down towards the intersection makes for a very cool visual. I also like the darker brick over the red brick of the previous design, because everything going up in Fulton Market is heavily relying red brick as it is.

Build it!

Old Posted Jul 6, 2021, 3:50 PM
TL;DR

I worry this will be similar to the 70s-esque, puke-brown brick they used on Porte at Madison/Green. I also appreciate the turn away from even more red brick monoculture, but I'm apprehensive about the change here.

Dunno how to feel about the new massing, it's fine I guess but more fussy. I assume this was motivated by leasing concerns, they probably wanted to create more office spaces with private terrace access rather than having just one really prime space on the 7th floor.

Old Posted Jul 6, 2021, 3:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedCorsair87 View Post
This update looks more NYC and less Chicago unlike the previous design. I still like it.

Build it!
Given how much I love NYC midrises as a rule, I want more of these. Looks great.

Quote:
Originally Posted by harryc View Post
July 1
Wow, those braces are fantastic. I need to get down there and see this in person.

Old Posted Jul 6, 2021, 7:47 PM

Chase eyes sites for potential new skyscraper, in what could lead to one of the largest office leases in Chicago history

https://www.chicagotribune.com/busin...m6y-story.html

Some snippets..

JPMorgan Chase is looking at development sites where it could lease as much as 1 million square feet in what could lead to one of the largest office leases in Chicago history. It also could mean changes for the bank’s well-known Loop office tower.

The banking giant, which owns and occupies the 60-story Chase Tower, recently toured several sites and listened to pitches from developers looking for an anchor tenant to kick off construction of a new skyscraper, according to people familiar with the search.

If Chase does move, it likely would look to sell its distinctive, sloped tower.

But there are signs pointing to a deal this time around, amid increased attention to the quality of office space as companies call workers back from home after more than a year of COVID-19 precautions.

Another factor likely to influence Chase’s thinking: Bank of America and BMO Financial are relocating and putting their names on brand-new Chicago towers.

Those making pitches to Chase include Tishman Speyer for a vacant site at 130 N. Franklin St., and Hines for a site south of Willis Tower at 401 S. Wacker Drive. John Buck Co. proposes a site at 655 W. Madison St., along the east side of the Kennedy Expressway.

Old Posted Jul 6, 2021, 8:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelMonkey View Post
Chase eyes sites for potential new skyscraper, in what could lead to one of the largest office leases in Chicago history

https://www.chicagotribune.com/busin...m6y-story.html

Some snippets..

JPMorgan Chase is looking at development sites where it could lease as much as 1 million square feet in what could lead to one of the largest office leases in Chicago history. It also could mean changes for the bank’s well-known Loop office tower.

The banking giant, which owns and occupies the 60-story Chase Tower, recently toured several sites and listened to pitches from developers looking for an anchor tenant to kick off construction of a new skyscraper, according to people familiar with the search.

If Chase does move, it likely would look to sell its distinctive, sloped tower.

But there are signs pointing to a deal this time around, amid increased attention to the quality of office space as companies call workers back from home after more than a year of COVID-19 precautions.

Another factor likely to influence Chase’s thinking: Bank of America and BMO Financial are relocating and putting their names on brand-new Chicago towers.

Those making pitches to Chase include Tishman Speyer for a vacant site at 130 N. Franklin St., and Hines for a site south of Willis Tower at 401 S. Wacker Drive. John Buck Co. proposes a site at 655 W. Madison St., along the east side of the Kennedy Expressway.
130 N Franklin would be optimal but I guess it depends on how prominent they want it in terms of skyline. I guess in that case if you don't want to build something 900+ feet tall then you would go with the Madison address IMO.

Old Posted Jul 6, 2021, 8:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by marothisu View Post
130 N Franklin would be optimal but I guess it depends on how prominent they want it in terms of skyline. I guess in that case if you don't want to build something 900+ feet tall then you would go with the Madison address IMO.
Do you think 590 W. Madison is still a viable option? They put in a park and it's been crickets ever since.

Old Posted Jul 6, 2021, 9:51 PM

Rumors of the 98-story tower could be true

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelMonkey View Post
Hines for a site south of Willis Tower at 401 S. Wacker Drive
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyguy_7 View Post
On Monday, I found out there's a mystery tenant (from down undah put another shrimp on the barbie) committed to just over 30% of a 98-story Office Tower directly across the river from the OPO. It's the vacant lot either just north or south of Van Buren, along the river. I don't believe it's one of the lots adjacent to 311 s Wacker that's got their own thread here, but can't say for certain. The loose proposal in the budgeting phase between developer/contractors. Could become something, could become nothing.

Old Posted Jul 6, 2021, 10:26 PM

^ that's what i was thinking the 98 story mystery proposal seems more realistic (slightly) now...assuming the tenant from Australia (supposedly) and chase could call for an office tower of 2.5 million sq foot tower or more... very rare chance if true

Last edited by chicubs111; Jul 6, 2021 at 10:40 PM.

Old Posted Jul 6, 2021, 10:37 PM

Kinda surreal that a 98 story office building would be built in Chicago of all places. What was the last tallest office building to be built in Chicago? Sears or Aon tower?

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations