HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Photography Forums > My City Photos

Old Posted Apr 13, 2022, 12:16 AM
你的媽媽

^

Well of course. I don’t disagree with what you’re saying and I never said that UCSF shouldn’t have expanded there. I was just simply answering the question as to how Chase Center specifically interacts with the new neighborhood. Obviously a world renowned medical institution expanding its footprint in the city is highly welcome but it’s not something that directly interfaces with Chase Center on a frequent basis.

Old Posted Apr 13, 2022, 2:48 AM

It surely looks new with all those newly built buildings for sure.

Old Posted Apr 13, 2022, 7:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by homebucket View Post
^

Well of course. I don’t disagree with what you’re saying and I never said that UCSF shouldn’t have expanded there. I was just simply answering the question as to how Chase Center specifically interacts with the new neighborhood. Obviously a world renowned medical institution expanding its footprint in the city is highly welcome but it’s not something that directly interfaces with Chase Center on a frequent basis.
Well I agree with that but the Agnos argument was that basketball or event crowds would block ambulance access to the hospital. And they almost got taken seriously with that.

In reality, Agnos lives (or lived, not sure if he still does) on Potrero Hill and probably just didn't want to look at Chase Center or maybe deal with those same crowds at the foot of his street.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murphy de la Sucre View Post

To my mind, there's very little distinguished architecture there and a lot of modern blandness.

Old Posted Apr 13, 2022, 3:11 PM
你的媽媽

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murphy de la Sucre View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pedestrian View Post
To my mind, there's very little distinguished architecture there and a lot of modern blandness.
Yeah, it's definitely fair criticism. I think if we removed certain unique indicators like the Bay, it'd be difficult to distinguish this from any other new low-midrise urban development in the United States. None of the buildings are particularly memorable. When walking through the area, I don't feel particularly wow'd. It'd be nice if they tried to incorporate some SF'y features into their buildings like bay windows. I wouldn't be surprised if there was significant value engineering with these projects.

Hopefully with Mission Rock and other various infill projects, there will be more of an emphasis on higher quality architecture.

Old Posted Apr 14, 2022, 4:13 PM
not cleavefied

wait, wut?

Quote:

Old Posted Apr 15, 2022, 4:42 AM
你的媽媽

Quote:
Originally Posted by the pope View Post
wait, wut?
SF has a bunch of heritage streetcars from SF and other cities (Philadelphia, Newark, Milan, Blackpool, Hamburg, Osaka, Kobe, Hiroshima, Melbourne, Moscow, Porto, and Brussels) that they've restored and use as part of their F Market & Wharves Line.

That one in particular is, one of two in SF's collection from Blackpool. They are originally built in 1934, and are known as boat cars.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Photography Forums > My City Photos